myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Dog put a hole in my sail at Sherman Island.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wndsrfrmn

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Dog put a hole in my sail at Sherman Island. Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad
Somebody let their dog run over my sail. The sail now has two sets of scratches and a hole from where a fairly large dog ran over it.

It was a pretty good afternoon at Sherman Island. I arrived after 4:30 pm and rigged my 5.7. As I was rigging the wind was increasing so I also rigged my 5.0. I got on the water with my 5.0 and it was perfect in the gusts but less than in the lulls. I came back and traded in for the 5.7 and it was too much. Came back in for the 5.0 and sailed until about 7pm.

When I went to de-rig the 5.7 I notice a hole in it. That is when I saw the large scratches from a dogs paws. The scratches were obviously made by the nails of a large dog and now I have to repair or replace the sail.

I don't expect anyone to take responsibility as anyone that would let their dog run around unsupervised is by definition irresponsible. Even worse they may have seen their dog ruin my sail and yet did nothing.

Please be responsible for your dogs. If you let them run around unsupervised and allow them to ruin property and poop on things soon dogs will be outlawed everywhere.

Rant over.
Evil or Very Mad

Does anyone have a good used 5.5 to 6.0 they would like to sell?
nw30

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorilla tape, it comes in clear, problem solved................. use on the sail, or the dog owner, but not the dog.
wndsrfrmn

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Gorilla tape, it comes in clear, problem solved................. use on the sail, or the dog owner, but not the dog.

Thanks. Tape was the plan. I don't blame the dog...

But I still need a newer sail.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue at lake Lopez. The park has a dog leash policy but they drive right by without in forcing it.
Arrgh

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago, when I first started sailing at the Sherman Island County Park, I was surprised and disappointed to see that fellow sailors would allow their dogs to trample other peoples' (rigged) sails. I have learned since that even some otherwise-seemingly-intelligent people have shit for brains when it comes to their precious pooches. Sad
Riptide

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dog owners are lazy, irrational, assholes when it comes to their legal and financial responsibility concerning their Dog damaging other peoples property.
meyer

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windsurfers who have a problem with dogs should avoid sailing at Point Isabel. Never seems to blow very hard there and is located in a dog park !
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t forget the broken glass and dog shit. Especially dangerous for kiters! Warning! Stay away!
Riptide

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newman from Seinfeld "I'll bet there's not one type of mutt or mongrel I haven't run across.If you ask me, they have no business living amongst us. Vile, USELESS BEASTS . . ."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: