myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
T.I. sailors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John: Is that your boat that Bart's in? Smile
Gwarn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure is that little boat got me got me a 5.2 session at tigers on Tuesday Wednesday got me a 4.2 ripping session at TI and yesterday another ripping session at tigers / Haskins. Wink :
johnarmitage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsrf wrote:
Where is the 3rd?
Good idea in any case.

TI, Waddel, 3rd ave beach
Gwarn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the on site reports it's on Sunday 1 50
radross

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing from iwindsurf, and they have no date on when the alleged "support team" will even visit the area to assess a fix for the meter.

So taking the inaction to the next level...the advertisers on iwindsurf. We, as a group, need to stop supporting the advertisers who are comfortably propping up iwindsurf with revenue while ignoring the subscribers. Lousy to have to do it but this week - Isthmus Sailboards. DON"T BUY from Isthmus Sailboards until there is a date set for fixing the wind meter. I picked Isthmus simply because it was first pop-up advertiser that popped-up this a.m., and it is too bad because I have been satisfied with Isthmus' knowledge and customer service, and have made prior sail purchases from them in the past.

Before posting this, I called and spoke to decision maker at Isthmus, Gary Stone, this a.m. to tell him I was starting this campaign. He was unaware of the lack of iwindsurf support or action to fix broken meters. He offered to contact iwindsurf himself. Maybe that will get some action.
radross

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Meter still broken.

However, maybe iwindsurf and George Haye listen to their advertisers. Yesterday, Gary Stone, the owner of Isthmus Sailboards took a strong stance on all our behalves promptly emailing Haye telling him "you guys need to get on this," and that the broken meter was a real problem for windsurfers paying for the service but also for Isthmus as an advertiser. Ditto David Wells at 101 Surfsports. He too directly contacted George Haye that his customers were getting "agitated." Well, both Gary and David reported back by the end of the day that Haye had promised a fix sometime between June 11 and June 16. THANKS Gary/Isthmus and David/101 Surfsports for supporting your customers!

Indeed, received an email this a.m., from the weather flow support team that they "have a service visit for the SF Bay Area scheduled for the week of 6/11. The Treasure Island station will be an important stop on this maintenance trip."
Gwarn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting off the phone with Gary from isthmus sailboards the people from I windsurf got back to him when he called and complained that we were going to boycott him and told him that the sensor team will be in the Bay Area within a week. Nice work Ross
windfind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

There are over 500 sensors in the queue that need the unexpected 3g to 4g upgrade. It may surprise some of you but there are others in the same queue who really need their sensor reliability back. Among sensors in the queue is our Hurricane Network that we run for NOAA & NWS and which is critical with the approaching hurricane season. These other customers also have a place in the queue: http://weatherflow.com/professional-services/weather-networks/

So the sensor teams have been flying and working down the queue all over the USA. Now the Bay Area's place in the queue is June 11-16. During that time they will fix the intermittent Waddell & Treasure Island sensor electronics and make the 3g-4g upgrade to the Berkeley and other sensors.

None of us like being in a queue. But most of us learn that queues are a reality of life if everyone is to have their needs met. And the one thing worse than a queue is seeing someone trying to bully their way to the front of the queue. Thank you for your patience.

And below are some photos of our sensor crew and their work.

Mike Godsey
Weatherflow

sensors & Crew.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  153.47 KB
 Viewed:  17768 Time(s)

sensors & Crew.jpg

radross

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither your paying subscribers nor advertisers are bullies. The only thing ever requested was a date for when iwindsurf would show-up, get on it, and service a broken meter essential for safe navigation. Again, the offer to bring an extension ladder stands.

Also, glad to report that the guy with the southern draw at Delta Windsurf also got on the horn to iwindsurf to help us out. Thanks Derek/Delta!

Ross
WNDZRFR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo in a little more than a week all sites should be back to form!

Thanks for the scheduling update Mike.

P.S. I don't know if you saw but yesterday at HLS the gusts were ridiculous! They would come in wave after wave, I can't recall having such up and down wind like this this time of the year before. Everyone was beat coming off the water!

Hoping they don't return again today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: