myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What's with these super-stretchy, super-tight wetsuits?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantmac017

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've come off the water with fingers that couldn't pull a zipper. Had to start my car and hold them on the intake so I could just start the process only to not have enough strength to get the suit off my ankles until I sat in the car for a while. Now I save the skin tight suit for the summer (4/3mm in august up here).
My most recent suit is a slightly baggy diving 6mm that unzips up the arm and calf about 8" with a flushing seal above that. Very easy to get out of although the back zipper flushes somewhat (I put a 1mm shortie on top which fixes that). Unfortunately it rubs me raw behind the knee so a base layer of lycra or similar seems to be necessary. I was going to get one online since prices are insane on the Island where I'm at.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shucks! (If that's how you spell it?)

Arrived at the usual beach yesterday to a stiff blow and a great B and J sea, to see four visiting strangers ripping it up. In a burst of enthusiasm I too energetically yanked on the legs of the fancy 6mm all singing and dancing latest neoprene C Skins wetsuit to get in there and join them, and tore a large split inside a lower leg section, just above the ankle. Fragile isn't the word for it!! (It will mend, but come back denser stronger neoprene - all is forgiven.)

As regards your heaven Iso, as an atheist I long ago reasoned that such a place had to be an illusion, and should there be any such thing as ETERNAL life after death, it could only exclusively be a sheer hell! (An eternity of impossible escape from consciousness and thought, and having to DO something with it.

I can't imagine anything more scary! Twisted Evil
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Pro Motion wetsuits Reply with quote

Any love for Pro Motion windsurf full wetsuits?

Will the baggy arms turn into a water balloons in the surf?

How about the swim in with baggy arms?

Pro Motion suit certainly easy enough to put on.

And yeah, seems like people have to be pretty limber to put on those tight catsuit-type wetsuits.

windward1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the Promotion Wetsuit 5/3 for the last few years and like it. The baggy upper arms are not noticeable in the surf or when swimming to me. On the beach though it can make you think you need to do a few more curls so that you can fill them out. Wink
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From jackets to full neoprene drysuits, I've owned more than a dozen long sleeved Promotion suits. On top of that. I buy their 5mm neoprene drysuits way large so I can jump into them easily. Mine are loose from wrist to ankle -- which is where tightness counts in a drysuit -- maybe form-fitting but by no means tight at the waist. I've never noticed the loose arms, as they're for mobility, not aesthetics.

(I've also had people ask me just this year whether my neo drysuit is new. I've been wearing it every spring and fall for >14 years.)

Needless to say, I like my Promotion suits.
westender

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they not do alterations anymore if you have fit problems?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: