myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Need boat ride for new Nav. Aid. sensor in East Bay!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
windfind



Joined: 18 Mar 1997
Posts: 1445

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Need boat ride for new Nav. Aid. sensor in East Bay! Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

After 2 years of work we just received permission from the DoD/Coast Guard to install a new sensor on the Berkeley Reef Nav. Aid. We want to move on this ASAP.

This sensor will be invaluable for SAR, ship and Ferry traffic and yacht races. And, it will be especially useful for kiters and windsurfers since it will give you, in advance, both the inbound wind to the Bulb, Brook's Island, Pt. Isabel, Shimada Park area. Plus it will give Berkeley sailors an early heads up when the winds makes a curve away from Berkeley.

We need a boat that can make 1 or 2 trips to the site. The boat will have to drop off crew at ladder near rusty metal. There will be compensation. The sooner we can get a boat the sooner we can get this sensor installed.

Here is some video the shows the need for this sensor:

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Dozens-Rescued-from-Ferryboat-that-Ran-Aground-Near-Berkeley-473703423.html

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com/ikitesurf.com
Weatheflow.com



Berkeley reef.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.54 KB
 Viewed:  7723 Time(s)

Berkeley reef.jpg


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radross



Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miike- The person that has a boat and the boating skills to take you to the proposed site is a regular TI sailor and has posted about his disappointment that the TI meter is still broken. IDK, but he probably will not convey you to the new location until the TI meter is fixed.

As for the TI meter fix now set for next week, my offer to bring an extension ladder still stands.

Ross
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group