myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Board Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willhf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Board Question Reply with quote

Hi All

Does any brand make a modern 85 liter all-around freewave board out of heavy indestructible material?

I don't want a "super duper extreme light" board. I want an unbreakable board that sticks to the water in high winds.

Hey brands! If you make this board I will buy it!
VinceSF

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Board Question Reply with quote

willhf wrote:

Go custom. same price.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tabou 3s classic in the CED construction. Open ocean custom. No board is indestructible. Open ocean is as close as you can get
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy any board that suits your sailing style.
Pad it in the vulnerable areas.
Pad your mast beneath the boom.
Problem solved, with several other aesthetic, comfort, safety, and performance benefits at no extra cost.

When I buy a board, I test drive it carefully for a short session. If I decide it's a keeper, I follow the above advice before putting it into my fleet. It dropped my board damage rate from many repairs per season to zero repairs in the last 23 years not counting fin box failures due to inept manufacturing. Damage sucks; there's no reason to tolerate it or sacrifice performance for durability.

Mike \m/
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Board Question Reply with quote

Sounds like you want Glass.
Here you go:
http://northpacificsurf.com/product-category/sailboards/
http://www.cascadeperformancefiberglass.com/sailboard.html

But what NOVVAN says about OO is true, and this will be the last year you can get one since the rumor on the beach is that Brian is going to retire. You'd want the Poly-rite construction.

http://www.openocean.com/windsurf.html#pricing

Other than that, just about any custom maker will build you a pretty bombproof Epoxy layup (Nelson customs comes to mind), those boards don't buckle, but you can punch a hole in them pretty easily. For a bomb
proof layup, you should figure on about 20lbs with straps and skegs.

Or you could look for a board with a thermoplastic skin for punch resistance
I think BIC still produces 1 or 2 of those.

As has been said, any board can be broken(I've broken or dented most of them), but my Glass boards (I still have a Bailey, a Logosz, and a HiTech that are fully operational) are definitely the most stick to the water.

-Craig

willhf wrote:
Hi All

Does any brand make a modern 85 liter all-around freewave board out of heavy indestructible material?

I don't want a "super duper extreme light" board. I want an unbreakable board that sticks to the water in high winds.

Brian_S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flikka has a bomb proof construction - Hardcore Dyneema. They ship to the US. http://www.flikkaboards.com/boards/windsurf/wave/quad-wave-line/
wdsurf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Bomb proof boards Reply with quote

Don,t waste your money on a Flikka!beautiful built foil board I own 110 tiny terribly disappointed in the conctuction.was putting the foil in the deep Tuttle box put halfway in went 4 steps back to van to get screwdriver gravity made the foil drop onto board nose of the foil went right tru the hull into foam.WTF!pendulum down 30 inches went thru like a medival war hammer. Confused I got many production GOYAS and quatros that take one hell of a beating than that board.just my 2 cents I spent the Bucks got F---Ed!!!!

Last edited by wdsurf on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
joethewindsufa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxx

Last edited by joethewindsufa on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
westender

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Open Ocean .02 Reply with quote

I've been sailing the crap out of my Go To board since 1997. Brian repaired a couple damaged areas over the years and I'd be in the running for the most nautical miles ever put on an Open Ocean. Guy at the beach last week had newer used one in a larger size??
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVAAN wrote:
Tabou 3s classic in the CED construction. Open ocean custom. No board is indestructible. Open ocean is as close as you can get

T 3S classic , 97Liters the smallest 2018

T 3S new shape is 86Liters does come in CED.

This board has consideration.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: