myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Immigration and children
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I repeat, for the terminally dense:

1. Someone who is seeking asylum is not illegal.

2. The Trump administration has targeted legal immigration.

Not that cut and dry, maccy boy, that only applies to the ones who go thru a point of entry, avoid a point of entry and you instantly become an illegal immigrant.

BTW, Twitter no longer will allow the term "illegal immigrant", what a joke.
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/twitter-blocks-posts-that-use-phrase-illegal-alien-as-hateful-content/
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so.. Specific tweets have been deleted, not the term itself. But Jack Dorsey has created $60B in shareholder value, he knows what he's doing....
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that cut and dried little NW. Sessions has resorted to closing ports of entry to try to prevent people being able to even try to make a claim of asylum. Thugs in the border agencies have bullied those trying to make an asylum claim—by stealing their children, denying them the opportunity to seek counsel, and so forth.

I have no problem with someone whose claim for asylum is not supported by facts being sent back after due process. I have no problem with the Trump administration seeking changes in the asylum laws and seeing how Congress would respond. What the Trump administration has done is avoid due process—and that does not make someone illegal.

Now sending your lawyer to make an illegal campaign contribution and hide it—that makes spmeone illegal.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you actually agree with my contention, which goes against your original contention, that being ~

"I repeat, for the terminally dense:

2. The Trump administration has targeted legal immigration."

I know, you're trying to treat us like impressionable students again, by keeping things over simplified. It doesn't work.
I'll say it for you, "sigh".
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
So you actually agree with my contention, which goes against your original contention, that being ~

I know, you're trying to treat us like impressionable students again, by keeping things over simplified. It doesn't work.

? I have no idea how you came up with that. But maybe if you had paid attention in school...
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:

? I have no idea how you came up with that. But maybe if you had paid attention in school...

Simple, you attempted to qualify what you said by stating some examples, which are a far cry from your broad brush inaccurate statement that you started out with.
You have a big problem with your knee, it's always jerking, and you can't control it, you just react to it. Like your reaction on the "false equivalencies" thread, claiming fake news over the Elizabeth Warren campaign involving a real Indian. Now you know it's not fake news, your knee often leads you astray, it's not a news source, in fact it's "terminally dense".
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utter nonsense. NW has tried to say that he only objects to “illegal immingrants”, and gets downright tetchy about it. In fact, the Trump administration, backed by most of the far right, has targeted all immigrants. If NW wants to disavow Trump and his administration for that, he can go ahead. But I’m not holding my breath.

NW has also bobbed and weaved about people seeking asylum. If someone can’t make a claim of asylum because Sessions has closed the Ports of Entry, I won’t ever consider them illegal. If the organizations under Sessions control bully uninformed asylum seekers by kidnapping their children or preventing them getting legal representation, I will not consider them illegal. NW will ignore this denial of due process.

That’s what it is about. The Trump administration disrespects the rule of law and due process. NW will not acknowledge that, and will continue to try to put words in my mouth. I’ll spit them oot.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I’ll spit them oot.

Are you German?
Not that there's anything wrong with being German.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another backfire.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW and others keep claiming that they only hate “illegal” immigrants and defend the Trump administration’s immigration policies. My contention that the Trump administration has been lawless in their approach has now been admitted by the administration as they settle a lawsuit that gives people seeking asylum another shot. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/09/13/settlement-reached-in-family-separation-cases-more-than-1000-rejected-asylum-seekers-to-get-second-chance-if-court-approves/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.285d603e50c3

Mean, lawless and incompetent. But beloved by the fringe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 38 of 59

Jump to: