myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rowena fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Rowena fire Reply with quote

I was just sick to hear about the fire at Memaloose! I was sure that someone would have posted about it this morning. Is it affecting the Rowena beach/access?
exgolfer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: rowena beach access Reply with quote

while the Rowena area has been at level 1, get ready to leave, the access to Rowena River Rd has not been affected.
sailon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Smoke on the river Reply with quote

Thanks, exgolfer, for the reply. Guess I didn't need to cancel my trip there yesterday afterall. Sad But maybe it was pretty smokey sailing....Heard that the gusts were strong. The windonthewater site is not working for me anymore. Only shows 5 or 6 useless locations.
windfind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sailon,

You can use this link to get all the free public domain sensors in the Gorge. For some sites they give you a rough idea of what the wind is doing near a site.

http://wx.iwindsurf.com/map#45.705,-121.521,11,1

Just zoom in to see more sensors. Put the map into relief map mode so you can see if the free sensor is in a good location.

See sample image below.

Or for 33 cents/day you can see all the sensors at or near each launch site. Or if you are visiting the Gorge just use your existing password for free access.

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com/ikitesurf.com
Weatheflow.com

Temp6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  215.76 KB
 Viewed:  20606 Time(s)

Temp6.jpg

Lyleland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Rowena fire Reply with quote

sailon wrote:
I was just sick to hear about the fire at Memaloose!

But, not too sick to wonder about how it might affect your sailing. As one who watched the fire jump almost a mile in the evening wind, we initiated Defcon 2 and started getting ready to run. Watching our local firefighter planes fly run after run till dark was more awesome than your possible missed Rowena adventures. Thanks to our Gorge firefighters as we hoped our playground wind would die. Maybe you should be asking who/why there were 5 fires between Memaloose and Doug's over the week of our 'Merica's 4th celebration.
summertime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need to scold zemanski. u can ask why... without scolding someone for wanting to ws. ( and thank the firefighters, etc.). 😎🌺.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: