myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Foiling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sling shot board has the foil forward of the back straps. Making it easy to put weight behind the balance point of the foil. As soon as the foil lifts I need to shift my weight forward to keep from foiling out. The foil I have can be adjusted forward and back. I have mine set back to help keep the board down so that I can get more speed before I lift off the water. The faster I go the more stable the foil is when i do lift off. If i have the foil forward the board lifts at a very slow speed but the foil is harder to control. I have a long way to go. I'm not sure anything I'M saying will help you but hopefully it does.. last thought. I got a dedicated foil board so i wouldn't have box issues and the placement of all the parts would be correct...
bert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcharlton wrote:
GET THE 84!!! It rocks!!!!! Lift AND control, doesn't ovrerfoil and doesn't spin out like the H2. AWSOME!!!!!!
DC

The 84 compliments my AFS..two different kind of rides. One for speed and performance and one for surf and fun.

two foils.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.57 MB
 Viewed:  9851 Time(s)

two foils.jpg

dcharlton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert, what stabilizer do you use with the 84? I'm using the original stabilizer and it's working fine, did you get the bigger one for the 84 or are you on the original?

DC
bert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spray painted the rear wing black.
outcast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the 84

Lower the wind minimum compared to other foils?

Feel draggy?

A newbie here..interested in the lower wind range...also have liked the H2 ...not going to be afraid of pumping, and bigger sails, Not going to surf it, so it kinda looks a little too big to me....

was thinking the 76
bert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only used the 84 twice in about 13-15 mph winds with a 5.0 sail. Getting the foil to fly early is negligible when compared to my AFS. The difference is once in the air the big wing will continue to fly in less wind and and with its better stall attributes and slower speed, air jibes are a bit easier to master. It's a very stable wing and would be a good wing for beginners and probably heavier guys. The 76 might have the similar qualities while being faster on the water.
dcharlton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Bert. Does NOT feel draggy at all and is much more easy to control in my opinion than the H2. Again, I'm over 200lbs so I really but the big wing to good use.

Also, it feels great when you ride it down swell, fun and playful.

DC
dcharlton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still learning but this is the Infinity 84 in action, I still have the original stabilizer and it seems to work well. At a minute in you can see the foil lift in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rqATBKTHFQ
grantmac017

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcharlton wrote:
I'm still learning but this is the Infinity 84 in action, I still have the original stabilizer and it seems to work well. At a minute in you can see the foil lift in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rqATBKTHFQ

Which way do you have your fuselage setup?
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bert wrote:
dcharlton wrote:
GET THE 84!!! It rocks!!!!! Lift AND control, doesn't ovrerfoil and doesn't spin out like the H2. AWSOME!!!!!!
DC

The 84 compliments my AFS..two different kind of rides. One for speed and performance and one for surf and fun.

Bert, that is the PERFECT quiver, in my opinion! So fun!

Yes, I've been having a lot of fun on the 84 wing as well. Really looking forward to getting the larger rear wing to complement it, too. I've used it with wing forward and wing back in windsurf mode with the long fuselage, and wing in the mast setting with short fuselage for towing with a SUP. All fun! The wing has surprising top speed, and very low drag, for how slow it can also go and keep flying. Great piece of kit!

http://wind-nc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: