myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Naish Lift Foil sail review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RUMREEFWARRIOR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Naish Lift Foil sail review Reply with quote

[url] https://reefwarriors.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/naish-lift-foil-sail-review/ [url]
I did a little write up on my fav Foil sail if anyone is interested. Very Happy[/url]
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up. I have the 5.7 & because the boom length is so long I have been using a slalom race boom with AO rather than extend my wave boom all the way out. Adjustable lines on the boom as well to go upwind or deep off the wind but for BAF I am out of the harness 75% of the time. I have been using the setup for mountain lakes that tend to be gustier.

Coachg
jfeehan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What board and foil setup are you mostly using it on?

Do you think it matters much what board and foil you use it on?

If i have a relatively heavy board (starboard Go) .., and a heavy foil (slingshot aluminum foil), does that argue more.., or less.., for a foil specific sail like this one?
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfeehan wrote:
What board and foil setup are you mostly using it on?

Do you think it matters much what board and foil you use it on?

If i have a relatively heavy board (starboard Go) .., and a heavy foil (slingshot aluminum foil), does that argue more.., or less.., for a foil specific sail like this one?

Nice review, Casey!

jfeehan- The Naish Lift feels best with an upright stance where you're really standing ON the foil, and not hiking out very much. So, this lends itself to the surfier and more playful foils, and not quite as well to the race foils. Something like the Sailworks Flyer feels better on a racier foil.

The Slingshot FWind1 sits right in the middle of the spectrum- it can be sailed super upright and surfy OR hiked out and fast(ish). I've sailed the 5.7 Lift on the Slingshot foil and really enjoyed the combo.

To follow up on Casey's review, and add my two cents on foil sails in general, check out this link:

https://shop.wind-nc.com/blogs/windsurfing-info/foil-specific-windsurfing-sail-test-sailworks-flyer-and-naish-lift-review

http://wind-nc.com
RUMREEFWARRIOR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on Andy couldn't agree more.
In my opinion if your just starting off foiling, use the WS sails you already have. Then after you start to get the hang of it. I recommend upgrading to a foil sail, and no matter what your foil/board combo is. a foil specific sail really makes the experience way more fun.
I hopped on my friends WWF foil kit the other day. he had a KS3 rig on it. I said to myself get me off this powerless heavy normal WS sail. I couldn't get the foil going. I went back on my smaller naish Lift that was a meter smaller and was flying instantly. So ya there is a big difference.
brynkaufman2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the Naish offers a lot of low end power to get up on the foil and is extremely light.

I find myself though preferring a cammed foil sail like the Sailworks Flyer.

Once up on the foil I am very sensitive to the wind, especially if the wind speed picks up. I found the cammed sails are more stable in the gusts as they seem to pull evenly where the Lift can surprise you with the power at times.

Just personal preference, I can understand how it is a great sail for WWF.

RUMREEFWARRIOR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on Bry I think your analysis is right on. On a side note I have been using the new 3.7 Lift the past couple weeks in like 10-20. Wow talk about crazy light and maneuverable. Its my new fav WWF foiling size. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: