myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Freedom of speech?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
again, Matty, you miss the point. I could care less about the policy, I'm not opining on the policy, but rather the loudmouth exercising HIS freedom of speech, Dear Leader.... It wasn't a problem, until Trump made it a problem, and you are ok with that. 3 guys on Seahwaks, 2 on Niners, 1 on Dolphins. TOTAL...!!!!

how about the fact that an overwhelming % of African Americans oppose the policy, AND and an overwhelming % of the NFL is comprised of African Americans?

It was very much a problem before Trump chimed in. That's why he chimed in.
I agree he should let it go, but so should the players who are only hurting themselves but are to dumb to know better...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
techno900, what do you think about folks in this country that do not trust Donald Trump, especially when he's done nothing to encourage and develop trust and support?

Forgetting Brennan for the moment, I made the point earlier that Donald Trump has threatened many others in and out of government with security clearance revocation and you predictably failed to address the concern. This issue shouldn't be about fidelity to Trump, but you seem to foolishly think that it is. Has it ever dawned on you that a security clearance can be a necessary prerequisite for many important jobs?

The obvious questions to you is whether you feel that Trump has to right to strip someone's security clearance and livelihood because they elected to exercise their free speech and criticize him? Must everyone in government pledge their loyalty and fidelity to Trump or face his wrath?

SW...he does have the right, and many othger rights that only a President has..

Brennen went well beyond critcizing the president...HE ACCUSED HIM OF TREASON and countless other baseless claims....
Not to mention he lied to congress.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:
The obvious questions to you is whether you feel that Trump has to right to strip someone's security clearance and livelihood because they elected to exercise their free speech and criticize him? Must everyone in government pledge their loyalty and fidelity to Trump or face his wrath?

Do you think Trump's action is "stripping Brennan of his livelihood"? Give me a break! He's a retired federal employee, probably making a bundle paid from our tax dollars. He can say whatever he wants - he hasn't lost any right to his free speach. But, the price for his free speach was loss of trust from Trump (no more security clearance). BFD!!!!!!!!!

It's simple - explain why Trump should allow Brennan to keep his security clearance? How is that a benefit to anyone or anything other than Brennan's ego?

Any federal employee that is disloyal to any sitting President could/should face the wrath of that President.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
again, Matty, you miss the point. I could care less about the policy, I'm not opining on the policy, but rather the loudmouth exercising HIS freedom of speech, Dear Leader.... It wasn't a problem, until Trump made it a problem, and you are ok with that. 3 guys on Seahwaks, 2 on Niners, 1 on Dolphins. TOTAL...!!!!

how about the fact that an overwhelming % of African Americans oppose the policy, AND and an overwhelming % of the NFL is comprised of African Americans?

I agree he should let it go, but so should the players who are only hurting themselves but are to dumb to know better...

au contraire mon frere....That's the point, it was dead!!! 6 players were protesting 6!!!!
After the bloviator in chief chimed in, like 300 players protested...
so, lets re-cap...6 before, 300 after...
It was all a ruse to rile up the minions, which apparently worked quite well...
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I stressed putting Brennan aside for the moment, you couldn't even begin to do it. But with your last sentence, you outed yourself an un-American person that thinks that Donald Trump should have broad dictatorial powers. Twisted and serious uninformed people like you show us just how scary things are becoming under Donald Trump.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

au contraire mon frere....That's the point, it was dead!!! 6 players were protesting 6!!!!

Actually I think it was to stand up for Patriotism.....believe whatever you choose. I will be holding my breath waiting for one of these clueless ,illiterate shitheads to take up Trump on his offer.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
While I stressed putting Brennan aside for the moment, you couldn't even begin to do it. But with your last sentence, you outed yourself an un-American person that thinks that Donald Trump should have broad dictatorial powers. Twisted and serious uninformed people like you show us just how scary things are becoming under Donald Trump.

He lost his Security Clearance, no longer works for the government, and you talk about broad doctoral powers ?????

SW you're making a fool of yourself.

You make it sound like he was thrown in jail on a bogus charge for political payback for speaking out about the president.....oh wait that was Denesh D'souza
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Actually I think it was to stand up for Patriotism.....believe whatever you choose. I will be holding my breath waiting for one of these clueless ,illiterate shitheads to take up Trump on his offer.

That's the ruse, you just proved my point!
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
swchandler said:
Quote:

Do you think Trump's action is "stripping Brennan of his livelihood"? Give me a break! He's a retired federal employee, probably making a bundle paid from our tax dollars. He can say whatever he wants - he hasn't lost any right to his free speach. But, the price for his free speach was loss of trust from Trump (no more security clearance). BFD!!!!!!!!!

It's simple - explain why Trump should allow Brennan to keep his security clearance? How is that a benefit to anyone or anything other than Brennan's ego?

Any federal employee that is disloyal to any sitting President could/should face the wrath of that President.

Written like a good little authoritarian. But dead wrong. When you take a Federal office, you swear a loyalty oath--to the Constitution, not to the President. If a President is doing something that conflicts with your oath, you have a duty to take action. That's why John Dean is not a "RAT", as Trump described him. but as a deeply flawed man who got caught up in what he called at the time "situational ethics", and remembered his oath in time to save the union from obstruction of justice.

Many of us who were formerly thought of as "conservative", at least in a fiscal sense, have seen ample evidence of Trump attempting to obstruct justice and conspire with Russians to win office.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Campaign Chairman -guilty on 8 counts
Former attorney-about to plead guilty
Former NSA Chief-cooperating, but quite guilty

amazing level of criminality in this administration....Loaded with Felons....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: