myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Did anyone see this accident in Hood River?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charliegrist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Did anyone see this accident in Hood River? Reply with quote

On Sunday morning August 12, between 10:30 and high noon, someone drove a car or truck into the rear end of my parked Buick Roadmaster. The crash crushed two wonderful road bikes, ruined the bike rack and damaged the car. It was a hit and run. No note. Corner of 5th and Oak - on 5th, on the downhill, just outside the Bette's side window.

Call if you have any intel on this event. Beware of rogue drivers with no manners.

Charlie Grist 503 250 4407

20180812_122119.jpg
 Description:
crash photo
 Filesize:  1.87 MB
 Viewed:  15119 Time(s)

20180812_122119.jpg

ericandholly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have not already, might be worth stopping into local shops to see if they have security cams?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was any paint left by the vehicle that hit you? I've used that (and a parking light fragment) to help ID a hit and runner. (Tread lightly; the police chief ordered me to butt out, but I flatly refused, and my evidence led to catching the guilty officer. It was not my car, and it was 48 years ago, but it STILL feels good.)

You might also ask Bette's about posting your picture and comments in their side window. They have many regular customers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: