myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Roosevelt park rave hat and great music - last friday
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doug_needs_wind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Roosevelt park rave hat and great music - last friday Reply with quote

Forgive me, way off topic...

Friday night 8/10 at Roosy in the parking lot, a middle aged fellow in an older white van with tons of windsurf gear had someone in his party (and it was a party) wandering around in a LED raver hat, seemingly with a boom box attached, playing some killer great trance/beat music.

WHAT BAND WAS THAT?!?!?!? I meant to ask but you jetted before I could. It was awesome. I want to buy it.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Roosevelt park rave hat and great music - last friday Reply with quote

doug_needs_wind wrote:
a middle aged fellow in an older white van with tons of windsurf gear

Man, that REALLY narrows it down. Very Happy
forwards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only part of the description left out is that guy was rollerblading! Think you will find the music in this soundcloud playlist:
https://soundcloud.com/user-541023735-64571803/sets/alki-street-skate

Most of this kind of EDM or techno is only found on Soundcloud.

Likely the artist was Andrea Ferlin from "Tripcast" time index 17:35. Could also have been Andrea Ferlin at CDV @4:08. That 2nd track causes young gals to spontaneously street dance with me at Alki where I freestyle skate:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bqpomertrFMrNnYE7

Not sure Iso can relate because he didn't do enough acid in his youth, though there is still time!
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may still be time for acid, but youth is long and permanently gone. MAYBE I can still find some when the wind's good.
pirat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Roosevelt park rave hat and great music - last friday Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
doug_needs_wind wrote:
a middle aged fellow in an older white van with tons of windsurf gear

Man, that REALLY narrows it down. Very Happy

Razz LOL! That's the first thing I thought. Read that, and immediately said "Hey, that's Iso!"

Then got to the part about the partying and wasn't sure. I've never met Iso, but after going to over half the swaps in last 20 years and being up down the gorge end to end in that time I'm sure I've seen him.

The "middle aged" part also got me. I'm almost 50 and USUALLY am the youngest windsurfer in sight where I sail. Man you guys are getting old. Can't wait to cash in on the cheap gear and camping outfits when you hang it up!
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Roosevelt park rave hat and great music - last friday Reply with quote

You'll have to pry my booms from my cold, dead, near mummified hands. ;*)

-Craig

pirat wrote:

Man you guys are getting old. Can't wait to cash in on the cheap gear and camping outfits when you hang it up!
forwards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure Iso could get the young girls to dance with him so that rules him out! We need to enlist the services of DudeBroMan to get Iso the materials he needs to become a timeless old dude like me!
scorpionfish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enlist the services of DudeBroMan

Yes! DudeBroman. Where'd he go?
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Roosevelt park rave hat and great music - last friday Reply with quote

pirat wrote:
Man you guys are getting old. Can't wait to cash in on the cheap gear and camping outfits when you hang it up!

I've thought about that to the extent that I've already begun planning my gear and poster displays. I didn't sell 15 boards at one swap meet a couple of years ago just by tossing them on the ground with price stickers on them. With luck that won't happen until age alone retires me within a decade; otherwise it will be much sooner. Stay tuned.

Mike \m/
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of business now that we're all "legalized".

-Craig (who works in Aerospace and still can't "imbibe" even in Oregon)

scorpionfish wrote:
enlist the services of DudeBroMan

Yes! DudeBroman. Where'd he go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: