myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Climate Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 144, 145, 146  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
coachg



Joined: 10 Sep 2000
Posts: 2801

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno,
Now try to imagine how bad the air in Ca would be if they didn't have strict auto emission standards and you could easily figure out why we will fight tRump tooth & nail over lowering the standards. Southern Ca alone has 2 & ˝ times as many people as the state of North Carolina. Before Ca implemented the stricter auto standards you could not see across the S.F. Bay because the air was so brown.

I didn't vote in the last two presidential elections but it is sure starting to feel like tRump is trying to force me to vote for one of the Three Stooges this time.

Coachg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 6905

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
Techno,
Now try to imagine how bad the air in Ca would be if they didn't have strict auto emission standards and you could easily figure out why we will fight tRump tooth & nail over lowering the standards. Southern Ca alone has 2 & ˝ times as many people as the state of North Carolina. Before Ca implemented the stricter auto standards you could not see across the S.F. Bay because the air was so brown.

I didn't vote in the last two presidential elections but it is sure starting to feel like tRump is trying to force me to vote for one of the Three Stooges this time.

Coachg



How do you feel about all the pollution in the ocean because of moronic liberal policies... Feces, urine, blood, needles, and much more from California homeless CRISIS?????????????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 13348
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty funny. Neither Techno know anything about California’s air or water quality except what they hear on Faux news. Just a clue. Trump’s pollsters have told him that his anti-environment policies are costing him votes, particularly in the suburbs. California is suing his administration on 50 different things—about half of them environmental issues where he has sacrificed public health for corporate profits. But what would you expect from an administration filled with lobbyists. Make Lobbyists Powerful again—the real Trump slogan. Keep your head in the sand and your eyes on Faux. You can avoid facts that way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 6905

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Pretty funny. Neither Techno know anything about California’s air or water quality except what they hear on Faux news. Just a clue. Trump’s pollsters have told him that his anti-environment policies are costing him votes, particularly in the suburbs. California is suing his administration on 50 different things—about half of them environmental issues where he has sacrificed public health for corporate profits. But what would you expect from an administration filled with lobbyists. Make Lobbyists Powerful again—the real Trump slogan. Keep your head in the sand and your eyes on Faux. You can avoid facts that way.



They also tried to get him off the ballot....fucking California clowns. The epicenter of TDS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 13348
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Pretty funny. Neither Techno know anything about California’s air or water quality except what they hear on Faux news. Just a clue. Trump’s pollsters have told him that his anti-environment policies are costing him votes, particularly in the suburbs. California is suing his administration on 50 different things—about half of them environmental issues where he has sacrificed public health for corporate profits. But what would you expect from an administration filled with lobbyists. Make Lobbyists Powerful again—the real Trump slogan. Keep your head in the sand and your eyes on Faux. You can avoid facts that way.



They also tried to get him off the ballot....fucking California clowns. The epicenter of TDS.


Facts don't penetrate stone. The California legislature passed a law requiring that a candidate reveal his tax returns. A bad and tribal piece of legislation that has been stayed. But maybe a Republican with a brain, a suitable temperament, and a grasp of ethics will run. Oh, that would be Weld. None of the Matty's will vote for him--or even know how to spell his name.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 6905

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Pretty funny. Neither Techno know anything about California’s air or water quality except what they hear on Faux news. Just a clue. Trump’s pollsters have told him that his anti-environment policies are costing him votes, particularly in the suburbs. California is suing his administration on 50 different things—about half of them environmental issues where he has sacrificed public health for corporate profits. But what would you expect from an administration filled with lobbyists. Make Lobbyists Powerful again—the real Trump slogan. Keep your head in the sand and your eyes on Faux. You can avoid facts that way.



They also tried to get him off the ballot....fucking California clowns. The epicenter of TDS.


Facts don't penetrate stone. The California legislature passed a law requiring that a candidate reveal his tax returns. A bad and tribal piece of legislation that has been stayed. But maybe a Republican with a brain, a suitable temperament, and a grasp of ethics will run. Oh, that would be Weld. None of the Matty's will vote for him--or even know how to spell his name.



He was my Governor moron, I know him well. Good guy ,but a little fruity in his old age and he loves the sauce a little too much.

The tax return bill was a moronic attempt to get Trump off the ballot....spare me the spin..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coachg



Joined: 10 Sep 2000
Posts: 2801

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
How do you feel about all the pollution in the ocean because of moronic liberal policies... Feces, urine, blood, needles, and much more from California homeless CRISIS?????????????


Which is worse, homeless pollution caused by moronic liberal policies, or industrial pollution caused by moronic conservative policies. Tough call to decide which is worse. I guess you have to choose your poison just like the last presidential election.

Coachg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 6905

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
How do you feel about all the pollution in the ocean because of moronic liberal policies... Feces, urine, blood, needles, and much more from California homeless CRISIS?????????????


Which is worse, homeless pollution caused by moronic liberal policies, or industrial pollution caused by moronic conservative policies. Tough call to decide which is worse. I guess you have to choose your poison just like the last presidential election.

Coachg


Conservatives like pollution??? or maybe they understand the consequences of unrealistic regulations that destroy economies and create more homeless people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3519

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it's no surprise, the story is about California's inability to file reports. While their air is clearly pretty dirty, they have done a lot to make improvements. 5th grade reading comprehension is all that is needed to understand the point of the story. Plus claiming faux news is a useless rebuttal without proving it otherwise.

Quote:
Trump's EPA threatens California with highway funding cuts over 'worst air quality'

NEW YORK — The Trump administration is ratcheting up its threats against California with a letter warning the state faces sanctions – including cuts in federal highway funding – over its “failure” to submit complete reports on its implementation of the Clean Air Act.

In the letter to the California Air Resources Board, Andrew Wheeler, administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, wrote that the state had the “worst air quality in the United States” and had “failed to carry out its most basic tasks” under the federal law.

That law requires states to submit implementation plans to the EPA outlining their efforts to cut emissions of six types of pollutants. When President Donald Trump entered office, the administration faced a backlog of over 700 reports, and roughly 140 of those that remain are from California, Wheeler said in an interview.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vientomas



Joined: 25 Apr 2000
Posts: 1016

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coachg wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
How do you feel about all the pollution in the ocean because of moronic liberal policies... Feces, urine, blood, needles, and much more from California homeless CRISIS?????????????


Which is worse, homeless pollution caused by moronic liberal policies, or industrial pollution caused by moronic conservative policies. Tough call to decide which is worse. I guess you have to choose your poison just like the last presidential election.

Coachg


Conservatives like pollution??? or maybe they understand the consequences of unrealistic regulations that destroy economies and create more homeless people.


Concern regarding the economic impacts of environmental regulations has been part of the public dialogue since the beginning of the U.S. EPA. Even as large improvements in environmental quality occurred, government and academia began to examine the potential consequences of regulation for economic growth and productivity. In general, early studies found measurable but not severe effects on the overall national economy. While price increases due to regulatory requirements outweighed the stimulative effect of investments in pollution abatement, they nearly offset one another. However, these studies also highlighted potentially substantial effects on local labor markets due to the regional and industry concentration of plant closures.

More recently, a substantial body of work examined industry-specific effects of environmental regulation on the productivity of pollution-intensive firms most likely to face pollution control costs, as well as on plant location and employment decisions within firms. Most econometric-based studies found relatively small or no effect on sector-specific productivity and employment, though firms were less likely to open plants in locations subject to more stringent regulation compared to other U.S. locations. In contrast, studies that used economy-wide models to explicitly account for sectoral linkages and intertemporal effects found substantial sector-specific effects due to environmental regulation, including in sectors that were not directly regulated.

It is also possible to think about the overall impacts of environmental regulation on the economy through the lens of benefit-cost analysis. While this type of approach does not speak to how the costs of regulation are distributed across sectors, it has the advantage of explicitly weighing the benefits of environmental improvements against their costs. If benefits are greater than costs, then overall social welfare is improved. When conducting such exercises, it is important to anticipate the ways in which improvements in environmental quality may either directly improve the productivity of economic factors – such as through the increased productivity of outdoor workers – or change the composition of the economy as firms and households change their behavior. If individuals are healthier, for example, they may choose to reallocate their time between work and leisure. While introducing a role for pollution in production and household behavior can be challenging, studies that have partially accounted for this interconnection have found substantial impacts of improvements in environmental quality on the overall economy.

https://www.epa.gov/environmental-economics/working-paper-impacts-environmental-regulation-us-economy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 144, 145, 146  Next
Page 130 of 146

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group