myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Climate Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
GT, You will doubtless be heartened to read the recent results of the largest study of wind farm performance. A couple of snippets;

- analysis of almost 3,000 onshore wind turbines warns they will continue to generate electricity effectively for 12 to 15 years. The wind energy industry and the Government base all their calculations on turbines enjoying a lifespan of 20 to 25 years. Routine wear and tear will more than double the cost of electricity being produced by wind farms in the next decade

- the percentage of electricity wind farms actually produce, compared with theoretical maximum (load factor) — is reduced from 24 per cent in the first 12 months of operation to just 11 per cent after 15 years.

- decline in output of offshore wind farms, based on a study of Danish wind farms, appears even more dramatic. The load factor for turbines built on platforms in the sea is reduced from 39 per cent to 15 per cent after 10 years.
'
Perhaps those here who don't like "ANYTHING" about the President might focus on matters of substance, and the nonsense green energy "solutions" promoted by their party, rather than constantly wasting time crafting silly comments on silly comments

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/energy/windpower/9770837/Wind-farm-turbines-wear-sooner-than-expected-says-study.html

Mrgybe. I already responded to your post where you dissed the Democratic agenda with a number of statistic that should be quite concerning to a conservative like yourself. No response. These stats are a big reason why I do not believe this President is accomplishing much of anything. You choose to ignore any of these discussions and prefer to make short little snips on my short little snips.

Do you even read the context of your own posts? You will offer some great insightful comments. When someone tries to engage that you ignore them and seem to wait for a chance to insult that writer. That's fine. But, what is ironic is that somehow you seem to believe you are above this juvenile behavior. I admit that I'm not. If one doesn't want to engage in a reasonable argument, I can behave that way myself.

I'll take your insults and illustrations of how I behave like a juvenile off the air.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you review your recent contributions in order to judge whether they are mere partisan blather. Trump only won because of racism, Mueller investigation outcome equates with the inexplicable dropping of charges against Smollett, Bluefish vulgarity aimed at Trump has your support, Trump has dementia, windmills cause cancer comment etc, etc.

You used to make reasoned comments worthy of response. Those have been replaced with non stop attacks on Trump. I called you on it. Don't be so thin skinned.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB—mrgybe loves to lecture people for the same behavior —snarky comments—that he practices. Remember the line why beholdest you the mote in your brother’s eye but considerest not the beam in your own?

Don’t be so thin skinned is the funniest line of the week. But then remember, mrgybe went crazy about Hillary’s careless with classified information—but has been silent about similar behavior by agent orange, Ivanka, and Kushner. With all this horseshit, i know there must be a pony somewhere.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this why apologists for carbon burners are so frantic?

https://inhabitat.com/one-third-of-the-worlds-power-now-comes-from-renewable-energy/?fbclid=IwAR39Sr7s225-yG_fYEIgIzEnX081wjcFTD-MVVj0BrgbhgTiS29eNjTItEg
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Is this why apologists for carbon burners are so frantic?

https://inhabitat.com/one-third-of-the-worlds-power-now-comes-from-renewable-energy/?fbclid=IwAR39Sr7s225-yG_fYEIgIzEnX081wjcFTD-MVVj0BrgbhgTiS29eNjTItEg

Key word.....LINKED Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who can post an article with the headline "one third of the World's power now comes from renewable energy" merely reveals total ignorance of the topic and willingness to accept any ridiculous proposition that reinforces their biases.

For those interested in facts rather than fantasy, look at the World Energy Council's publication, "World Energy Resources 2016".

- 86% of global power derives from oil, natural gas, coal
- 7% from hydro power
- 4.5% from nuclear
- 2.5% from wind/ solar/ other

It is interesting to note that, in a period of unprecedented promotion, subsidy and media hype, wind/solar/other has only minimally increased from 2% in 2005 to 2.5% in 2015. There is no evidence to suggest that these sources will replace fossil fuels in our lifetimes no matter how hard AOC and her gullible acolytes huff and puff.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I noted, mrgybe will lecture us about snarky comments—unless they are his.

https://www.iea.org/renewables2018/

Let’s see what the oil lobbyist talking points are about increased fires.

https://calmatters.org/articles/californias-worsening-wildfires-explained/?fbclid=IwAR265h6iIHu7xfj0trGG_xw8q6I95aKIZ2WZdUkVZtslN-UV_j0FmcxKGXI
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renewables are 2.5% of global power..........not 33%. Oh, and BTW, 50% of that 2.5% is biomass which pollutes more than coal. Apart from those minor details, it's a compelling point.......in an AOC sort of way.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wildfire thing went right past you, eh?
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed Mr. G. The World Energy Council is authorative, and cites reality.

Biomass also comes in for criticism of exaggerated claims in our country, when the FULL picture is taken into account.

The most laughable claim in Macs 'go to' piece, is that China is a leading light in renewables and reduction of total emissions (more so than the European Union) with NO mention of their continuing and massive expansion in building new coal fired power stations, the emissions of which make them one of the worst polluters in the world!

Unbelievable selective cherry picking!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 86 of 194

Jump to: