myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Climate Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
From mac's posted climate change story:

Quote:
The Golden State’s hotter, drier conditions

Since there was no comment on the LA rainfall history and the trend of any, my take on the graph is that there isn't a trend and that rainfall in LA is up an down, up and down, with no "dryer conditions" trend whatsoever. That part of the story seems like a crock to me.

Techno—you’ve raised a minor point, but didn’t answer my question about what conservatives would support. Don’t get excited, try to answer the question. Here’s why rainfall records in Los Angeles don’t mean much. First, it is impossibe to tell whether the data you show establishes a trend without some statistical analysis. Second, it doesn’t matter. Most models predict about the same amount of rainfall—but more extremes. The data looks pretty chaotic. Third, rainfall data from one place—and a pretty dry place—is not sufficient to tell you much.

But the really important thing that you missed is that the total rainfall is not the whole story. Warmer temperatures, and longer warm seasons, means that vegetation dries out more—even with the same amount of rainfall. Thus, dryer vegetation.

NW—you’ve still suggested nothing constructive. Not surprising from someone who doesn’t know that bond funds can’t be used for maintenance. All bluster, no understanding. Matty west.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

NW—you’ve still suggested nothing constructive. Not surprising from someone who doesn’t know that bond funds can’t be used for maintenance. All bluster, no understanding.

Still stuck on process, still basically stuck. My argument goes back BEFORE that stupid bond, so what you're saying is totally irrelevant.
I know all about bonds, and generally I vote against 90% of those local governments begging for handouts (AKA bonds), it has to be an obvious, unpredictable emergency of some sort for me to vote in favor of a bond. Not some pet projects or "we need more of your money to fix whatever because we didn't budget properly" crap.
I generally Hate bonds.
Pass a budget, stick to it, and there shouldn't be any need for bonds.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would anyone vote for bonds when the private sector is stumbling all over themselves to pony up bigly for the future?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Why would anyone vote for bonds when the private sector is stumbling all over themselves to pony up bigly for the future?

bigly??? you sound like Trump..
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Released today. https://nca2018.globalchange.gov
mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The animation is chilling. So to speak.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46384067?fbclid=IwAR0PkrRJMNnwWj0Km8qqnPDlo-j_y6OCuarBSJH0zIoS5enmmFWiH4L52K8
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Mac's posted story:
Quote:
The single biggest way to reduce your environmental impact on the planet is to modify your diet to include less meat - according to recent studies.

Damn, there goes my hamburgers! I guess the environmentalist should start picketing McDonalds.
LHDR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your point, techno? You are "skeptical" about this, in your usual foolish way? Or for a good reason?
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a bit skeptical. If this is the biggest way we as individuals can impact global warming, then why don't we hear more about it?

While methane is listed as a problem on some "top 10" pollution lists, the only place I have seen it as #1 was on Mac's posted list. I wonder what % of the environmentalists and global warming fanatics have eliminated meat from their diet? Have any liberals on this site gone vegan? Doing your part?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Yes, a bit skeptical. If this is the biggest way we as individuals can impact global warming, then why don't we hear more about it?

While methane is listed as a problem on some "top 10" pollution lists, the only place I have seen it as #1 was on Mac's posted list. I wonder what % of the environmentalists and global warming fanatics have eliminated meat from their diet? Have any liberals on this site gone vegan? Doing your part?

I don't eat meat Techno... I don't drink soda either... ANd my family rarely produces one bag of garbage a week/zero plastic... The wife drives a Prius, and my son rides his bike to school every day. We also have a 5,000 gallon water catchment system to water our lawn.. just doin my part....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 20 of 194

Jump to: