myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Climate Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coachg wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
Nope...not me, I would never pollute, and have picked up random trash on many occasions..

Thank you for your effort. I hope you also get involved in the Coastal Clean Up day in the fall. It is a constant battle. For every one of us that picks up trash there appears to be 10 that dump it. There is no place better to see the battle we are in for than at a movie theater. After the movie is over just look around & see how much trash people leave behind.

Coachg

I'm part of a large group called Masskiting and we do several clean ups a year..

I have a pretty strong reaction if I see someone let trash fly out of their car without chasing it down. Same with idiots who leave their solo cups on the sand. I get in their grills if they give me flack.

Pick it up asshole. Hahaha almost had a couple of fights over this.

Hey Mac, it is their problem not the oil company.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lomborg said just Monday that the research hasn't changed in years: AGW is significant, man contributes to it, EVERY country in the Copenhagen Consensus agrees that AGW remains rock bottom on the list of the 18 biggest global threats.

Some racists (e.g., anyone who disagrees with mac on ANYTHING) will argue that Lomborg is a statistician and an economist rather than a climate scientist, but who's in a better position to evaluate the cost/benefit/time/resource tradeoffs ... a weather guru, or an economist working with the leading nations' representatives?

If your answer is the former, why do you discount Joe Bastardi, whose entire career has been the study and forecasting of hurricanes, when he says AGWA(larmist) fearmongering is BS?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to add the cancer caused by windmills into this list and move global warming down to number 19.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Bastardi is a meteorologist who found out he could make more money telling Fox viewers lies than he dreamed possible. His understanding of climate might fit in a thimble. Iso drank the koolaid.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I so agree C.B.

It can't be mere coincidence that I needed a cancer operation just a year after they built a forest of 40 of those great monstrous whirly-gigs, just a mile off shore. Cause and effect say I. That's logic!

And the sheer hypocrisy of it all. They provide an ENGINE powered patrol boat which single handidly must keep those evil 'BIG OIL' interests in business each time they chase after me, as I bait them.

Disgusting.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Oh, I so agree C.B.

It can't be mere coincidence that I needed a cancer operation just a year after they built a forest of 40 of those great monstrous whirly-gigs, just a mile off shore. Cause and effect say I. That's logic!

And the sheer hypocrisy of it all. They provide an ENGINE powered patrol boat which single handidly must keep those evil 'BIG OIL' interests in business each time they chase after me, as I bait them.

Disgusting.

I knew our President wasn't lying when he claimed windmills cause cancer. He's so smart.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT, You will doubtless be heartened to read the recent results of the largest study of wind farm performance. A couple of snippets;

- analysis of almost 3,000 onshore wind turbines warns they will continue to generate electricity effectively for 12 to 15 years. The wind energy industry and the Government base all their calculations on turbines enjoying a lifespan of 20 to 25 years. Routine wear and tear will more than double the cost of electricity being produced by wind farms in the next decade

- the percentage of electricity wind farms actually produce, compared with theoretical maximum (load factor) — is reduced from 24 per cent in the first 12 months of operation to just 11 per cent after 15 years.

- decline in output of offshore wind farms, based on a study of Danish wind farms, appears even more dramatic. The load factor for turbines built on platforms in the sea is reduced from 39 per cent to 15 per cent after 10 years.
'
Perhaps those here who don't like "ANYTHING" about the President might focus on matters of substance, and the nonsense green energy "solutions" promoted by their party, rather than constantly wasting time crafting silly comments on silly comments

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/energy/windpower/9770837/Wind-farm-turbines-wear-sooner-than-expected-says-study.html
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
GT, You will doubtless be heartened to read the recent results of the largest study of wind farm performance. A couple of snippets;

- analysis of almost 3,000 onshore wind turbines warns they will continue to generate electricity effectively for 12 to 15 years. The wind energy industry and the Government base all their calculations on turbines enjoying a lifespan of 20 to 25 years. Routine wear and tear will more than double the cost of electricity being produced by wind farms in the next decade

- the percentage of electricity wind farms actually produce, compared with theoretical maximum (load factor) — is reduced from 24 per cent in the first 12 months of operation to just 11 per cent after 15 years.

- decline in output of offshore wind farms, based on a study of Danish wind farms, appears even more dramatic. The load factor for turbines built on platforms in the sea is reduced from 39 per cent to 15 per cent after 10 years.
'
Perhaps those here who don't like "ANYTHING" about the President might focus on matters of substance, and the nonsense green energy "solutions" promoted by their party, rather than constantly wasting time crafting silly comments on silly comments

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/energy/windpower/9770837/Wind-farm-turbines-wear-sooner-than-expected-says-study.html

geee quoting a right wing rag, but you forgot to mention their last paragraphs. who you going to believe the industry or a right wing rag...

oranges... hahahah can you say oranges or origins? remember Dr dean and his victory yell that the right wing removed the background cheering was played thousands of times a day to destroy Dr. dean. gee why aren't the major media playing the oranges-origins constantly....

Quote:
The report has been disputed by the wind farm industry. It points out that the consumer subsidy is paid only when turbines produce electricity, meaning there is a strong incentive for wind farms to be properly maintained to protect them from wear and tear.

Dr Gordon Edge, dthe irector of policy at RenewableUK, the body that represents Britain’s wind farm industry, said: “Wind farm developers only earn money for the clean electricity they actually generate, so it’s very much in their interests to make sure that their turbines are maintained… to an optimum level, which includes upgrading as the technology improves.

“Better turbines are being developed all the time, so it’s absurd to focus purely on the past as this report does, and pretend that that’s the way things are going to be in the future.”

nw30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Joe Bastardi is a meteorologist who found out he could make more money telling Fox viewers lies than he dreamed possible. His understanding of climate might fit in a thimble. Iso drank the koolaid.
Quite a bit more intelligent over global warming that you are.
Every meteorologist who disagrees with you is an complete idiot, right?
And you wonder why global warming is it the bottom of the list of concerns with almost every poll taken. People see the goal posts of doom getting pushed back all the time, and that in itself is very educational.

But in the meantime, consider this, if you are a dedicated warmer.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Mr.G., leaving the question of efficiency and worth in solving our climate problems aside, I quite enjoy their entertainment value. (Those at our beach, anyway.)

I missed the day (my dentist was telling me) one of them went rogue, and had sparks and flames and thick black smoke billowing out of its backside. But I do note that at least once a month a huge drilling rig (or whatever it is) is towed out to pander to their paddies, or should I say idiosyncrasies?

I kayaked out to one on a day the patrol boat was absent, to see close up beside one from sea level. I was impressed! Those huge turbine blades rhythmically whoosh around disrupting the air flow, and you almost can't help ducking as they swing down. The pylons have a fixed vertical steel ladder from sea level to a platform at a considerable height. The rungs are very thick (unable to wrap fingers around) and slimy so I certainly wouldn't risk climbing it without a big hook, or safety harness.

Apparently there is a door at the platform level leading to inside the tower, in which survival equipment is stored. (Sleeping bags and food supplies.) So all in all I've grown to accept, and even quite like them - from an entertainment only, point of view!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 85 of 194

Jump to: