myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Good Times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Good Times Reply with quote

Had one of my best wavesailing days on the East Coast maybe ever

Yesterday....No big anythings.... just the right amount of wind, the right tide, the right swell

Strange how stuff can unfold. Midweek blast....just sad that I'm now too old to really rip, and that it came after a full work day

If I could just have get 10 days a year like that.....
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Times Reply with quote

10 good wave days in a year...on the East Coast? That would be heaven. I've had one day like that so far this year! Congrats on your sesh!

outcast wrote:
Had one of my best wavesailing days on the East Coast maybe ever

Yesterday....No big anythings.... just the right amount of wind, the right tide, the right swell

Strange how stuff can unfold. Midweek blast....just sad that I'm now too old to really rip, and that it came after a full work day

If I could just have get 10 days a year like that.....

paulf.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coast guard?
outcast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Coast Guard would have worked, but tough to get to in the summer...I have a bike and trailer for such options

Nauset

Location not as much an issue as luck with the combination of factors neccessary
Ronald.C

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

As Gerry says "surf is where you find it", how true

Now that the shark fest is in full swing and days of surfing alone are in remission until November, my beach 'outing" is guilt free.

The Nauset Beach north boardwalk was my near secret spot all summer. There were some big chest plus days leading up to 4th where I had it to myself or maybe with 1 or 2 others. It was the classic follow the leader on the south side, no one cared to venture north of the lifeguards.

July 4th - glassy and waist+ in the afternoon was the way it should be! Surfed my @ss silly and then kicked back in a beach chair with friends. I can't remember a more pleasurable time at a public beach! To top it off, my car was right at the boardwalk's entrance - How easy, no sweat, threw the board in my old hon-dog and headed home in 5 minutes flat.

Not only did I not use my bike trailer this year, I never went back to Coast Guard after May.

As for sailing - more miss than hit, but better times are ahead.

Gerda's husband Bruce gave a Sailboard Carve 99 with a homemade G-10 fin. With enough rake to shed Pleasant Bay's weeds, I fell in love with it last Sunday.

Thank you so much Bruce for the gift. like all my other gear, it will be used for many years to come.

Ron C
paulf.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the described perfect session on the chapin sandbar some years ago.exactly the right wind angle and speed and tide for waist to shoulder backside hits. still plays in my head and not yet to be repeated. and not ruined by a scary swim back in there couple of years ago with not enough wind to waterstart with the tide and wind ripping me to the west looking at barnstable harbor.
jpeter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked good on the facebook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: