myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
pussygate and other high crimes and misdemeanors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federal Prosecutors Reportedly Subpoena Trump Inaugural Committee
By Sanjana Karanth
Quote:
Prosecutors in New York opened the investigation last year amid scrutiny over the inauguration committee’s spending.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

House Panel Set To Debate On Presidential Tax Returns

Quote:
Next week, Democrats on the House Ways & Means Committee are holding a hearing on a bill that would require presidents to release their tax returns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woPdmXeE0gY

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did AMI Enquirer go after the washington post for trump?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/bezos-national-enquirer-made-extortion-threat-over-investigation-1439281731701

Bezos: National Enquirer made extortion threat over investigation

Quote:
Rachel Maddow reports on Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon and the owner of The Washington Post, accusing David Pecker, the publisher of the National Enquirer of using stolen photos to extort him into ending his investigation of the Enquirer, and what that could mean for AMI's non-prosecution agreement with SDNY prosecutors.

mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB—The righties here are lazy; nobody shows any sign of having read it. They repeat the talking points sent to them by their favorite alarmist site. While the objective of the resolution may be to stake out a position for 2020, there is much here that I think is a good idea. It calls for

Building resiliency
Repairing infrastructure
Expanding renewable energy sources
Building distributed power grids
Upgrading buildings (conservation)
Clean manufacturing
Restoring ecosystems
Cleaning up hazardous waste and abandoned sites
Making public investments in the research and developmenf of new clean nd renewable energy technologies

None of this is particularly radical. What I suspect gores the sensibilities (or determination to maintain market share) of mrgybe and the GOP is language that provides “by ensuring that any infrastructure bill considered by Congress addresses climate change.”

I challenged the stooges to provide something specific that they object to. They didn’t, they can’t.

I suggest you read it before you judge either it or its sponsors.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB—The righties here are lazy; nobody shows any sign of having read it. They repeat the talking points sent to them by their favorite alarmist site. While the objective of the resolution may be to stake out a position for 2020, there is much here that I think is a good idea. It calls for

Building resiliency
Repairing infrastructure
Expanding renewable energy sources
Building distributed power grids
Upgrading buildings (conservation)
Clean manufacturing
Restoring ecosystems
Cleaning up hazardous waste and abandoned sites
Making public investments in the research and developmenf of new clean nd renewable energy technologies

None of this is particularly radical. What I suspect gores the sensibilities (or determination to maintain market share) of mrgybe and the GOP is language that provides “by ensuring that any infrastructure bill considered by Congress addresses climate change.”

I challenged the stooges to provide something specific that they object to. They didn’t, they can’t.

I suggest you read it before you judge either it or its sponsors.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echoing Trump’s threat on investigations, Mulvaney admits too much
02/11/19 08:00 AM
By Steve Benen
Quote:
The most memorable line from Donald Trump’s State of the Union address was, oddly enough, an implicit threat. “If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation,” the president declared. “It just doesn’t work that way!”

The message wasn’t subtle: Trump is only prepared to work constructively with Congress on legislation if lawmakers agree to look the other way on his many scandals. The more Democrats exercise their oversight responsibilities, the less the White House will agree to cooperate on public policy.

The ultimatum was striking in its simplicity: Trump believes Congress will have to choose between tackling substantive issues and scrutinizing his most glaring controversies – because he won’t tolerate both.

On “Fox News Sunday” yesterday, Chris Wallace asked acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney whether the president recognizes the importance of Congress’ oversight role. Mulvaney said Trump is “not trying to discourage” lawmakers from completing their duties, but he is telling them, “We can either work together on legislation or we can spend all our time with you doing investigations, but you can’t do both.” (That sounds like he’s “trying to discourage.”)

It led to this exchange:

WALLACE: Wait, you can do both and presidents have done both plenty of times.

MULVANEY: Right. But don’t – again, it’s not reasonable to expect the president to work with you on Monday on a big infrastructure bill, and then on Tuesday, have you punch him in the face over 15 different investigations. […] It’s very difficult to do both. I just think that’s human nature.

The reference to “human nature” was of particular interest, because to hear Mulvaney tell it, investigations will hurt Trump’s feelings. And if lawmakers make him feel bad, “human nature” dictates that he won’t want to work with federal policymakers on issues of national significance.

The reality, whether Trump appreciates this or not, is that the presidency is a profoundly difficult job, which occasionally requires leaders to work with people they disagree with. Presidents don’t have the luxury of telling powerful lawmakers, “I’m mad that you scrutinized my scandal, so I’m taking governing off the table.”

But then Mulvaney added something else that he probably shouldn’t have.

The host reminded the acting White House chief of staff, who used to be a far-right Republican congressman, that GOP lawmakers investigated assorted controversies, including Benghazi, during Barack Obama’s presidency, but the Democrat “got some things done despite the fact that these were aggressive partisan investigations.”

Mulvaney responded, “Listen, I’ll be the first to admit that when the Tea Party wave, of which I was one, got here in 2011, the last thing we were interested in was giving President Obama legislative successes.”

Mulvaney has a curious habit of blurting out embarrassing truths. About a year ago, for example, he spoke to a group of bankers how they could use their money to influence the administration’s agenda, confessing at the time that during his congressional career, he would only meet with lobbyists who gave him campaign contributions.

Yesterday’s candor was similar. Trump has insisted repeatedly of late that GOP lawmakers were nothing but respectful and considerate toward the Obama White House, but there was his chief of staff on national television yesterday, conceding he and his colleagues made it a priority to deny the Democratic president legislative victories.

In context, he was responding to a question about Republicans investigating matters such as the terrorist attack in Benghazi, suggesting Mulvaney saw a connection between investigating faux “scandals” and undermining Obama’s prospects for “legislative successes.”

All of which helps shed light on Mulvaney’s posture now: in his mind, congressional oversight isn’t a function of checks and balances; it’s a political game intended to undermine presidents. After all, that’s how he and his cohorts saw it in 2011, so it must be how Democrats are approaching their responsibilities now.

The difference, of course, is that Trump’s many scandals are real. Congressional oversight is necessary. The idea that Democrats must turn a blind eye to meaningful, ongoing controversies, or the delicate president will have no choice but to sulk in the White House and scrap his legislative agenda, is plainly ridiculous.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trump was obstructing justice and right wingers are complicit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbNbovoJ6os

Quote:
Rachel Maddow reviews the highlights of a major report by the New York Times into the many ways Donald Trump tried to undercut, obstruct, or discredit the investigations into him, his business, his campaign, and his administration.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a recent one.... geee before his access hollywood pusygate tape came out...

ya trump believed the Clinton ones, yet those were investigated by a ultra right wing partisan Kenny Boy Starr( serial pedophile defending) prosecutor for 6 years and not one grand jury would indict Clinton.

has trump tweeted her up yet to tll the world she is lying... maybe she has a ace in the hole. ya 30 plus other females that he molested and or raped.

Former Donald Trump Campaign Staffer Alleges He Kissed Her Without Consent In 2016
Quote:
A former staffer on Donald Trump’s presidential campaign says he kissed her without her consent outside a rally in Florida in August 2016, The Washington Post reported Monday.
“I immediately felt violated because I wasn’t expecting it or wanting it,” the staffer, Alva Johnson, told the Post. “I can still see his lips coming straight for my face.”
The allegation is described in a federal lawsuit filed Monday in Florida, in which Johnson is seeking unspecified damages for emotional pain and suffering, according to the Post.
Trump grabbed Johnson’s hand and tried to kiss her on the lips as he exited an RV outside the Tampa rally on Aug. 24, 2016, she alleges in the lawsuit and told the Post in a series of interviews.
Johnson, 43, told the Post she turned her head to avoid the unwanted kiss, which landed on the side of her mouth and felt “super-creepy and inappropriate.”

https://www.msnbc.com/craig-melvin/watch/ex-trump-campaign-staffer-files-lawsuit-alleging-trump-kissed-her-without-consent-1447892035540

Ex-Trump campaign staffer files lawsuit alleging Trump kissed her without consent
Quote:
For the first time since he took office, the president is facing a new, public accusation that he kissed a woman without her consent. Alva Johnson, a staffer on the 2016 Trump campaign, alleges the president grabbed her hand and leaned in to kiss her outside a rally in Tampa, Florida three months before his election. Beth Reinhard, the Washington Post investigative reporter who broke this story, joins Craig Melvin to discuss.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/trump-accuser-i-felt-like-i-never-signed-up-for-things-like-that-1448869955710

Trump accuser: "I felt like I never signed up for things like that"
Quote:

In her first TV interview, former Trump campaign Alva Johnson describes when she says she was "forcibly kissed" by the future president -- and breaks down in explaining how she did not go back to work after the Access Hollywood tape.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/new-york-ags-office-issues-bank-subpoenas-trump-projects?cid=eml_mra_20190312

New York AG’s office issues bank subpoenas on Trump projects

Quote:
The New York attorney general’s office late on Monday issued subpoenas to Deutsche Bank and Investors Bank for records relating to the financing of four major Trump Organization projects and a failed effort to buy the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League in 2014, according to a person briefed on the subpoenas. […]

The request to Deutsche Bank sought loan applications, mortgages, lines of credit and other financing transactions in connection with the Trump International Hotel in Washington; the Trump National Doral outside Miami; and the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago, the person said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: