myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
John McCain - Respected
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
John McCain was a true American hero. I disagreed with him plenty of times but always respected the man. He represented what was good in politics...he could rise above the fray when needed.

The fact that both Matty and Malibu spoke despairingly of him sort of makes the case that he was, indeed, an honorable man. You guys are completely clueless and that is truly sad.

RIP Senator McCain.

Cobo....I said in all my comments he was a Great American, but he was also an angry little asshole at times. He hated Trump for good reason, but he decided to stick it to Trump instead of a promise he made to millions....That's what you call a selfish man, and a disgrace to his pledge to serve his constituents. It's really too bad he had to leave such a black eye on a great career.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by boggsman1 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[
Certainly I respect John McCain as a true American hero, in spite of what the Bloviator -in-chief says about him. He was also a refreshing, honest voice in the Senate, something that really lacks these days--a man of conviction. I've always felt that way , and I personally lost some respect for him in 2008, when he buckled to the lunatic fringe and put the worst VP candidate on the ticket , in the history of the US(excluding Admiral James Stockdale).
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
[
Certainly I respect John McCain as a true American hero, in spite of what the Bloviator -in-chief says about him. He was also a refreshing, honest voice in the Senate, something that really lacks these days--a man of conviction. I've always felt that way , and I personally lost some respect for him in 2008, when he buckled to the lunatic fringe and put the worst VP candidate on the ticket , in the history of the US(excluding Admiral James Stockdale).

He picked her, she has never said one negative thing about him, and she gets the boot for the funeral...
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is a perfect microcosm of what happening out there in media land, praises from the left, and not so much from the right. It kind of tells you all anyone needs to know about the Senator.
He took a lot of hate with him to the grave, not a very dignified way to check out.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
This thread is a perfect microcosm of what happening out there in media land, praises from the left, and not so much from the right. It kind of tells you all anyone needs to know about the Senator.
He took a lot of hate with him to the grave, not a very dignified way to check out.

Exactly. His family should have stepped in and MADE TRUMP A PALBEARER. Now that would have been the funny McCain we all knew.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

Exactly, the message is LOUD and clear that any dissenting voice in the Republican party is NOT welcome. You either roll with Hannity, or you get rolled...
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:

Exactly, the message is LOUD and clear that any dissenting voice in the Republican party is NOT welcome. You either roll with Hannity, or you get rolled...

Making my point, not what you said, but trying to take political advantage of his death.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
John McCain was a true American hero. I disagreed with him plenty of times but always respected the man. He represented what was good in politics...he could rise above the fray when needed.

The fact that both Matty and Malibu spoke despairingly of him sort of makes the case that he was, indeed, an honorable man. You guys are completely clueless and that is truly sad.

RIP Senator McCain.

CB, you've gone full blown moron. My comment was about the media brainwashing and re-characterization of McCain.

But since you ask, he died a vindictive asshole, and lived a great and heroic life. He even banned Sarah Palin from his funeral. Class act. Maybe blame it on the brain cancer, but his family should have stepped in and set him straight. Palin ALWAYS RESPECTED HIM.

Hmm, well before the vote on the dismantling of health care, Trump had disparaged McCain's status as a hero. Coming from captain bone spurs, that was a true display of Trump's lack of character.

What McCain said about the health care legislation is that it was rushed through without going through the proper procedures. It was poorly conceived and drafted, and just another attempt by McConnell--the most evil man on the landscape--to damage the poor and reward the rich. I guess Matty missed that.

McCain was too hawkish for my taste, and his selection of Palin, and the tenor of much of his Presidential campaign, was appalling. But he was steadfast and brave, and not a pimp like the current POTUS. How sad that half the Republicans don't care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: