myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
John McCain - Respected
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I'll wear that one. Better than being cynical and negative on the guy during the week of his mourning....
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Sure, I'll wear that one. Better than being cynical and negative on the guy during the week of his mourning....

Sorry I don't do crocodile tears. McCain died like he lived, fiery and controversal. In the words of the great Bill Belichec.."it is what it is"
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
This thread is a perfect microcosm of what happening out there in media land, praises from the left, and not so much from the right. It kind of tells you all anyone needs to know about the Senator.
He took a lot of hate with him to the grave, not a very dignified way to check out.

Exactly, the message is LOUD and clear that any dissenting voice in the Republican party is NOT welcome. You either roll with Hannity, or you get rolled...

He lied to his constituents and then voted against his own words for the previous 6 years.....ALL FOR SPITE AND NOTHING ELSE..
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. As Mac states, Johnny Mac thought the process was rushed, with ZERO alternative, which is true! In fact, tRumps solution is old school major medical policies, also known as "junk" policies, which cover nothing.... Welcome to the 1970's..
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
John McCain was a true American hero. I disagreed with him plenty of times but always respected the man. He represented what was good in politics...he could rise above the fray when needed.

The fact that both Matty and Malibu spoke despairingly of him sort of makes the case that he was, indeed, an honorable man. You guys are completely clueless and that is truly sad.

RIP Senator McCain.

CB, you've gone full blown moron. My comment was about the media brainwashing and re-characterization of McCain.

But since you ask, he died a vindictive asshole, and lived a great and heroic life. He even banned Sarah Palin from his funeral. Class act. Maybe blame it on the brain cancer, but his family should have stepped in and set him straight. Palin ALWAYS RESPECTED HIM.

Hmm, well before the vote on the dismantling of health care, Trump had disparaged McCain's status as a hero. Coming from captain bone spurs, that was a true display of Trump's lack of character.

What McCain said about the health care legislation is that it was rushed through without going through the proper procedures. It was poorly conceived and drafted, and just another attempt by McConnell--the most evil man on the landscape--to damage the poor and reward the rich. I guess Matty missed that.

McCain was too hawkish for my taste, and his selection of Palin, and the tenor of much of his Presidential campaign, was appalling. But he was steadfast and brave, and not a pimp like the current POTUS. How sad that half the Republicans don't care.

McCain was an attention hog and loved the drama.......thats the way it goes. We all agree he was a Great American , but that does not exclude him from criticism.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I disagree. As Mac states, Johnny Mac thought the process was rushed, with ZERO alternative, which is true! In fact, tRumps solution is old school major medical policies, also known as "junk" policies, which cover nothing.... Welcome to the 1970's..

Lied to his constituents.....that's not debatable ….sorry.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Sorry I don't do crocodile tears. McCain died like he lived, fiery and controversal. In the words of the great Bill Belichec.."it is what it is"

I agree, but its typical and petty , and quite predictable that the Hannity crowd would focus on the negative , and knock Democrats who admired him...It's no wonder that 5 Million minions a night tune into the gibberish.
Tank Bud's-check
Watch Hannity- check
Load up on talking points for future debates- check, check....
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

I agree, but its typical and petty , and quite predictable that the Hannity crowd would focus on the negative , and knock Democrats who admired him...It's no wonder that 5 Million minions a night tune into the gibberish.
Tank Bud's-check
Watch Hannity- check
Load up on talking points for future debates- check, check....

Can you make me a list of the last 5 stories retracted by Hannity???????????

I can make you one for CNN who still refuses to retract the Lanny Davis lies from last weekend.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the LA times last year

McCain’s odd definition of ‘leading the fight to stop Obamacare’ (National Review)
This article is simple – it’s a quick compare-and-contrast of McCain’s recent comments versus his vote on Friday.
Last year, during a tough reelection, McCain’s campaign ran a television ad that boasted the senator is “leading the fight to stop Obamacare.”
But last night his office put out a statement noting the GOP Senate bill did not offer a “replacement to actually reform our health care system and deliver affordable, quality health care to our citizens.”
The author of this piece, Jim Geraghty, concludes: “It’s very difficult to characterize McCain’s decision as ‘leading the fight to stop Obamacare.’ That’s more like leading the fight to keep Obamacare in place while you continue to look for a replacement that you like better.”
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant, I don't watch it...But its not news, its a talk show... That's the problem, you think Hannity is news...
I cant defend CNN either, I don't watch it much...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: