myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
100% Swedish freestyle video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erikhakman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: 100% Swedish freestyle video Reply with quote

Hi!

Happy to share my latest video production with all of you. Material is 100% home grown, with action shot exclusively at my home spot Fiskeback (Sweden), aka Shitbay.

https://youtu.be/klX4OhwzmOQ

Exited to hear what y'all think!

See more behind the scenes stuff @:

https://www.Instagram.com/ErikHakmanS1988

All the best,

Erik
rigitrite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it! Looks like a cool place to sail; why call it "shitbay"? With drones being so ubiquitous, I think having some drone footage would add a extra element to your video. Really good freestyle.
philodog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Please give advice on trying Ponches. Just throw yourself into it?
rexi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great stuff!
brynkaufman2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very nice.
erikhakman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigitrite wrote:
Love it! Looks like a cool place to sail; why call it "shitbay"? With drones being so ubiquitous, I think having some drone footage would add a extra element to your video. Really good freestyle.

Thanks man! The spot's awesome, we just get lots of random stuff washed up on the beach (car tires etc.), hence the name. Drone footage would be sweet!

philodog wrote:
Sweet! Please give advice on trying Ponches. Just throw yourself into it?

Thanks! I would advice against just throwing yourself into any move, especially the Ponch. With the wrong approach to learning people break their ankles trying Ponches, I've seen it first hand. On the other hand it does become a pretty safe move once you learn how to set the rotation properly.

1. Get real solid with your Flakas before even thinking about the Ponch.

2. For your first few attempts, carve way downwind, past dead downwind (think bottom turn), as this depowers the sail and takes some force out of the move. Sheet in hard.

3. The set up is all about properly timing your take off. Lean the sail back while carving (think lay down race jibe) and start the sail swing early enough to hit the backside of a chop just as the mast centers over the mast base (centreline). As you pop, aim to send the nose of the board downwind (following the path of your set up carve) while aggressively throwing your sail and body (synchronised movement) upwind and back toward the chop.

4. In the air, bend your legs and pull the boom in under your chest in order to get your body over the sail. At this point you're just along for the ride and the rotation depends solely on how you set the take off.

5. For the landing, board lands tail first and you pull the sail out of the water by leaning forward and cranking the front hand up toward the nose of the board.

Have fun!

Erik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: