myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Ezzy Hydra 6.0 foiling sail review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coachg shared his personal settings a month ago, much different than mine, but I'm terrible and his settings are seemingly polar opposite from mine..160lbs.
brynkaufman2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

My front foot straps are all the way forward. I don't ride with back straps. For me this really helps because I can step back in light wind and push on the back of the board to raise it up, then I can move my foot forward to a very comfortable spot.

If the wind is really light I might keep my back foot a bit further back. For normal wind I will keep it around 2 holes back with no strap and for high winds I can move it forward more which tames the foil even more.

I now use the 84 Infinity Slingshot Wing and the 48 back wing. This is their downwind setup and I love it. It has more stability, and surprisingly more top end, and is incredible on the low end. A lot of fun.

I keep the foil mast right in the middle of the Naish board.

I have my mast track for the sail all the way back. This is really a light wind setup but I just keep it there because I don't want to move it all the time. Moving the track back helps get started in the lightest of winds.

This setup at our weight has really opened up light wind foiling.

My last session the wind was light but plenty and there were about 4 Cloud Kite foilers out too. As the wind came down I noticed all the kite foils went off the water.

I stayed out another 2 hours, going most of the time, although sometimes waiting for the gust. A couple kite foilers attempted to come out but went right back to the beach.

I think those big 19 racing kites still have a light wind edge, but when the wind is that light it can drop even more which puts them in the water and they are not easy to relaunch if they start filling with water.

It took me 2 years of foiling and changing equipment to get that comfortable in light wind, but with the 6.0 Ezzy, Naish 142, and Infinity 84 foil it happened.

jeffc4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bryn, I'm close to your setup but I will try moving the sail mast track all the way back and see what happens. I usually don't have a problem keeping the nose down. BTW I probably should have mentioned I'm using a Naish Thrust.
brynkaufman2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Jeff, I used the Naish Thrust WS foil for years and had a lot of fun on it. It was my 3rd foil, but the first one I really liked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: