myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WYATT AND TYSON'S BAJA REPORT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome times Mike!

That was a great run when you were here. Such a blast hanging with you guys! Too bad it was too windy to get you on the foil. Next time!!
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Mike! Such a blast hanging with you and Amy.

Had some seriously good days that week. Too bad it was too windy to get you on the foil boards. Next time for sure. I guess we did get you up and going on the foil behind the boat that's a good start. Hope to see you guys up in the Bay or down here again soon.
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm what has happened down here in Baja the last couple weeks. The days start blending together and it gets hard to remember. I had to go back into my photos to remember.

Wind was pretty epic today with a mini-Norte blowing in. I was riding my 4.8 and tiny 83L foil board today getting some nice backloops on the rollers outside.

Also had a good freestyle board session two days ago on my new Severne board that just showed up.

Then there were the normal scorpion shots at the bar (No one has been stung...this year). Taking the taco stand kids for quad rides, and some epic quad rides to the blowholes with the guests for sunset. Lots of fun all around.

On the off days we had a blast teaching people to foil behind the boat on the windfoil boards. Its actually the easiest way to teach people. Since they can stand on the 125L board like a SUP, there is no need to be pulled out of the water. They just stand on the board holding the rope and as you drive faster and faster they move their weight back and into surfer stance and just levitate right up. Its soooo funny for everyone else on the boat, the look of complete concentration slowly turns to a wide eyed grin as they lift up...and then there are the all time funny crashes.

Then we did have the biggest rain storm I have seen here in 10 years. The rain was pretty good most of the day, but our gear sheds did not turn into a river of mud. Then Tyson and I woke up at 2AM to the sound of a frightening downpour and ran down to the gear sheds. A river was running through the sheds and you could hear the boards falling off the rack, like calving ice bergs, as we got close. Then it was a mad scramble in the rain to move out all the boards and get everything up off the ground. By the time we finished the river was over knee deep. The next morning was not a pretty sight as the whole area and all our rigging carpets were covered with 2 inches of the stickies siltiest mud ever. It took a team of 6 with a pressure washer and industrial leaf blower to get it cleaned up the next day. But we are back in action now.

FoilKONO.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  583.86 KB
 Viewed:  10518 Time(s)

FoilKONO.jpeg

KidQuadRIde.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  351.82 KB

KidQuadRIde.jpg

scorpionshot.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  387.55 KB

scorpionshot.jpg

first time foiler.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  268.55 KB

first time foiler.jpg

muddygear.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  379.08 KB

muddygear.jpg

MudRIverGearShed.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  454.62 KB

MudRIverGearShed.jpg

wyattmiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple more shots to round out the post.

Little town in foil surfing at the Buff

and a couple more windsurf shots

NewSeverneBoard.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  277.35 KB
 Viewed:  10517 Time(s)

NewSeverneBoard.jpg

Sunsetbuffride.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  349.61 KB

Sunsetbuffride.jpg

tow-in-foilsurfing.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  272.41 KB

tow-in-foilsurfing.jpg

PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the windsurfers just SMOKED the kiters in the La Ventana Classic Island crossing! Wyatt and I took 1st and 2nd overall, putting the title back in the proper hands of the windsurfers. It was a super fun race with every condition you could imagine. Super light wind at the start, OK wind in the middle, blasting wind 3/4 of the way across, and All or NOTHING wind for the last 1/4. It kept everyone on their toes.

The attached photos were of the pre run Criss Cross fun run we did on foils a week before. Juliancito, only 10 years old, was the youngest to ever make it to the island!!! So stoked for this kid!

After a much needed few day rest, we are looking to score again. According to the trusty forecast guys at iWindsurf, it looks like the next 2 days are shaping up perfectly. Lots of wind to day, building plenty of swell for BIG WED!!! Hopefully one of us gets worn out before the other so we can get some shots to share with y'all! See ya on the water!!!

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 10.58.27 AM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.46 MB
 Viewed:  10047 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 10.58.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 11.24.12 AM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.45 MB

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 11.24.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 8.26.04 AM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.35 KB

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 8.26.04 AM.png

LV CROSSIN.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.86 KB

LV CROSSIN.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: