myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What do the 2018 midterms mean?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Matty, please stop. You're redefining dummy. It was the largest gain for the Dems since 1974, that's 44 years ago, quite a while. And if you take a look at the Senate , it would have been very difficult for the Dems to sweep into power, given the seats they were defending in Red states. Let me give you an example because facts seem to elude you. In North Dakota, the entire state is smaller than 20 House districts in CA. So, winning there would have been tough. For the Dems, it was historic...it didn't compare to the shellacking Obama took in 2010, but it was a significant rebuke to Mr. Drumpf. Losing 40 seats when the unemployment rate is 3.7% is quite an achievement.

Largest gains for Dems dipshit, because they suck. Republicans have had much larger gains without 9 million more voters...….Jesus Christ are you stupid... Republicans also had 44 people retire...aka incumbents.....stick to the economy the rest is beyond you.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I said! Can you read?
The sky is blue
Matty: no its not

speaking of the economy, go listen to the UTX CEO today. And also , what do you think of the 15,000 lost GM jobs in the heartland ? Guess what ? Cruise(GM autonomous unit) is hiring 15,000 in the Bay Area...Go tell your people to get an education or they will be eating Wonder Bread w Jif for the next 30 years.....
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
The sky is blue

speaking of the economy, go listen to the UTX CEO today. And also , what do you think of the 15,000 lost GM jobs in the heartland ? Guess what ? Cruise(GM autonomous unit) is hiring 15,000 in the Bay Area...Go tell your people to get an education or they will be eating Wonder Bread w Jif for the next 30 years.....

Handwriting was on the wall for years with GM..Sedans don't sell anymore and they have been losing ground in other areas... They are in fine shape otherwise and are consolidating and cutting their loses.....and yes the tariffs didn't help.

We will be dead and gone before autonomous cars are the norm....thank god
mac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Matty, please stop. You're redefining dummy. It was the largest gain for the Dems since 1974, that's 44 years ago, quite a while. And if you take a look at the Senate , it would have been very difficult for the Dems to sweep into power, given the seats they were defending in Red states. Let me give you an example because facts seem to elude you. In North Dakota, the entire state is smaller than 20 House districts in CA. So, winning there would have been tough. For the Dems, it was historic...it didn't compare to the shellacking Obama took in 2010, but it was a significant rebuke to Mr. Drumpf. Losing 40 seats when the unemployment rate is 3.7% is quite an achievement.

Largest gains for Dems dipshit, because they suck. Republicans have had much larger gains without 9 million more voters...….Jesus Christ are you stupid... Republicans also had 44 people retire...aka incumbents.....stick to the economy the rest is beyond you.

Funny. Most of the 44 retired because they knew Trump was toxic and would cost them their jobs. Without gerrymandering it would have been 60 seats in the House. Anti-gerrymandering reforms, backed by Arnie, passed wherever on the ballot. Winter is here.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
The sky is blue

Handwriting was on the wall for years with GM..Sedans don't sell anymore and they have been losing ground in other areas... They are in fine shape otherwise and are consolidating and cutting their loses.....and yes the tariffs didn't help.

You must be old.... Cruise is launching next year, Waymo right behind, and 20 start-ups right behind them.....
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Funny. Most of the 44 retired because they knew Trump was toxic and would cost them their jobs. Without gerrymandering it would have been 60 seats in the House. Anti-gerrymandering reforms, backed by Arnie, passed wherever on the ballot. Winter is here.

Gerrymandering works both ways dipshit.....I knew you would find some dumbass excuse......9 million more voters= marginal gains...does that register in your little mind at all.....That's like having 3 more players on the field and winning by a field goal......not very impressive.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
The sky is blue

You must be old.... Cruise is launching next year, Waymo right behind, and 20 start-ups right behind them.....

People don't want them, I certainly don't. Again they won't be the norm in our lifetime IMO.

I wouldn't invest in any of those startups. One major malfunction and it will be a ten year set back, humans hate not being in control. I can see a country wide software glitch or hack and 2 million cars crashing at the same time.... done!!!!

I'm also old enough to know things happen much slower than anyone thinks....50 years ago we were told about flying cars , life on the moon, and no more cancer......how's that worked out?????
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruise and Waymo are launching next year, starting with autonomous taxi's ... Have you ever ridden in a Tesla in auto-drive mode? Its awesome, no stress, no issues, relax and enjoy!!! Personally I trust Google, and Intel, more than some texting coffee drinker who's late to work...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Cruise and Waymo are launching next year, starting with autonomous taxi's ... Have you ever ridden in a Tesla in auto-drive mode? Its awesome, no stress, no issues, relax and enjoy!!! Personally I trust Google, and Intel, more than some texting coffee drinker who's late to work...

I find it fascinating, but I think the technology is not there yet. There are so many variables that the computers and sensors just can't deal with ATM. I was reading about I believe Santa Fe or some other SW town were they are doing a lot of road testing. The people out there hate them and called them a major nuisance, they are just not making human like decisions and causing major traffic issues.
Stick with pork belly's and gold ....much better off.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it meant no wall for one, man if we had a liberal media this would have been all over the place front page... hilarious...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: