myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lake Perris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loopless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Lake Perris Reply with quote

Anyone sail Perris today? Thoughts for tomorrow?

Sadly since the sensor is down it's a crap shoot and needs local knowledge. I heard Sunday was a skunk.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go To national weather service site. Click on the map near lake Perris. Then click on Lake Perris. This should bring up the March AFB current weather and wind. It can be clam at the base and windy at the lake. So While you on the AFB page, On the right side you will see more local Wx. Click that and you will see all the sites near the lake. Check for east winds at Banning and Beaumont . This can help forecast if wind is heading to or at the lake. Right Now 11/13 at 10:18am March AFB shows East 16/29. Banning east 33 and Beaumont east 23/32. Its likely windy at the lake. I have been chasing Santa winds since 1985. I have been at Perris when its calm at the dam and windy 5.5 at the East end. I have been at the east end with very lite wind but sailed between the island and the far shore powered up. lots of times the day national weather service calls off the wind alerts can be the best wind at Perris. Warmer and not as gusty. If the wind shows North go to Elsinore..
loopless

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On site report ( not from me , sadly) says it is 3.7 on the lake right now
loopless

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last onsite report was that it was probably 2.9 - un-sailable with 50+mph gusts.
benspikey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed lake Perris Thursday evening, friday, Sunday, Monday. Was on a 6.2 and 100 ltr freestyle wave and was marginally powered, never overpowered and spent a Lot of time underpowered slogging around. Couple of times thought I was gonna be swimming.

The best day was Friday where a couple other people from San Diego were on 5.0 ( lighter weight ) probably best day.

For all the reports of 2.9 with gusts to 50+ I claim hogwash. For lake Perris to be good it needs to be blowing at least 30 on the graph. Even then you are searching for the gusts and the average on the water is closer to 20.

Sorry not trying to burst any bubbles and lake Perris can be epic but this weekend it was not. Yes the local meters may read 50 but that is not the reality on the lake. Seems like this location is sheltered and the wind direction needs to be just perfect for this spot to work.

Next time going to drive to lake mojhave ( Laughlin ) where the wind does blow 40+ and you will actually need a 4.0..

Take those onsite hearsay reports with a large dose of bull.. from someone who was there 4 out of the last 6 days..
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not there. But I can say I sailed sub 4.0 many times. Been there when its too windy to sail. Been there when I sailed for 3 hrs on a 4.0 and the wind just stops. People just getting there don't even get to sail. Sat there all day in no wind and got an epic session from 3pm till dark. Been at Farmer Boys having breakfast because its dead calm only to find out its 5.0 at the lake 2 miles away. Been at farmer boys having breakfast when its so windy you can't see across the street only to find its dead clam at the lake 2 miles away.
Its a right place right time kind of place. Get it right and it the best high wind spot in So Cal. bring a lunch and a fishing pole...
loopless

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously mate my two friends from San Diego were at the lake again Tuesday morning. I had to bail due to work. They registered 35+at the beach on the meter. While they ,over a coffee, were considering going out on 4.0s it went nuclear lifting sheets of water on the lake. They are good sailors but they just drove away.

So please think twice before calling people out over ‘fake’ reports.
benspikey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much fake news in the world these days..

It was epic windy 50+ PLUS and 4.0 but no one sailed cause it was too windy... what??

We drove from san diego to lake perris and decided not too sail cause it was too windy.. What??

My friends said it was blowing 35+ and 4.0 but they didn't sail.. What?

There were naked ladies and mast high waves on the lake.. What??

They were giving out free beer for anyone who showed up.. What?

Honestly people stop posting hearsay from others and stop making stuff up..

Here is the historic weather report from yesterday.. https://weathercurrents.com/perris/ArchiveDay.do?day=13Nov2018

Note the wind never gets above 20.. I call bull..

Please post photos / videos of the naked ladies, free beer, and epic 4.0 conditions 50+ conditions with the water..

Yes I am calling bullshit.. From someone who has been at the lake not my friends telling me conditions.. Not thinking twice about it either..
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choose to believe what you will. I know the local crew that sails Perris in the Santa Anna winds. If they says its windy you can take it to the bank. It might not be windy when you get there but it was windy when they said so. FYI free beer flows after a epic session. It can be to windy to sail. The park ranger will close the lake to windsurfing if they record 50 mph winds for a certain period of time. And above all that, I have seen a naked lady on the beach. When you chase Santa Winds you always risk missing it. Even at lake Mojhave...
benspikey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better get to Perris right now..

It is blowing 300+ you don't even need a sail.
Hot naked ladies are serving free beer..
The rangers will rig your sails.
Santa clause will make an appearance.
Double mast high waves..
The local indian tribe is passing around the peace pipe..
Free admission to the park if you are a windsurfer..
Breakfast is served at 8:00 am sharp..

If you arrive and none of this is happening then you should have gotten there earlier... At least that is what my friends told me..

Oh if you missed it.. Sucks to be you.. LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: