myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Another Liberal Hissy Fit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
mat-ty, you seem to forget that California can grow it all. No need for flyover states really. Also, you have to remember in an era of global trade, particularly when it comes to seasonal fruits and vegetables, there's always Mexico and South America.

So screw the heartland???? thats great!!!!
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
mat-ty, you seem to forget that California can grow it all. No need for flyover states really. Also, you have to remember in an era of global trade, particularly when it comes to seasonal fruits and vegetables, there's always Mexico and South America.
Good grief! You've got to be kidding, but you probably aren't.
Then among all the many things that are so wrong with that statement, you may as well say there is no need for corn, potatoes, wheat (most grains), rice, or the farmers that grow it.
And then you obviously think there is no reason that they should be represented by their voting in a balanced way. SMH
Maybe you just don't like bread or tortillas.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How quickly you guys moved from mat-ty's ugly BS to a concerted attack against me. It's laughable.

Hey, I was screwing with mat-ty in my comments, but frankly, there is a lot of truth in what I said. California has a lot of strengths in American agriculture, and if NW30 wasn't so high on foolish nonsense, he would have to admit that I'm right. Surprisingly, he seems to be totally clueless how much rice is grown in Northern California.

How quickly you guys conveniently forget about the importance and autonomy of state governments, and the fact that all states, regardless of their population, have equal representation in the Senate. Then, there's the House of Representatives where flyover states have a relative seat at the table.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
How quickly you guys moved from mat-ty's ugly BS to a concerted attack against me. It's laughable.

Hey, I was screwing with mat-ty in my comments, but frankly, there is a lot of truth in what I said. California has a lot of strengths in American agriculture, and if NW30 wasn't so high on foolish nonsense, he would have to admit that I'm right. Surprisingly, he seems to be totally clueless how much rice is grown in Northern California.

How quickly you guys conveniently forget about the importance and autonomy of state governments, and the fact that all states, regardless of their population, have equal representation in the Senate. Then, there's the House of Representatives where flyover states have a relative seat at the table.

What are you going to do when the droughts hit and California is turned back into the a desert. Remember you only have 12 years before the end..
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
swchandler wrote:

What are you going to do when the droughts hit and California is turned back into the a desert. Remember you only have 12 years before the end..

It will likely slide off into the ocean before that happens.

boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
So the dems are frustrated that they are having problems winning elections by following the rules, so they want to change them, more chronic shortsightedness striking again.

>Get rid of the electoral college, thus allowing the liberal rich east and west coasts dictating what rules flyover country have to follow.
>Increase the size of the supreme court, not realizing that it's something that could go on forever, an ever increasing of size, as the various administrations take over.
>And my favorite, lowering the voting age to 16, as Pelosi says, "so we can capture them".

From Mike Huckabee: "Beto's excuse for writing sick stories about killing children: he was just a dumb 16-year-old who didn't know any better. But hey, let's lower the voting age to 16!"

NW...last I checked the Dems did quite fine in November winning a lot of elections. And the Dems have won the popular vote(humans voting) every year except 2004, going back to 1988.
In regards to the electoral college, how do the big tax payers in places like CA, and NY feel about the knuckleheads, and BUD tankers in flyover land dictating rules to the growth engines....???

Here's a simple solution. Allocate electoral college votes on a population basis, not a gerrymandered district basis...

Actually the best solution would be for dems to grow the fuck up and accept election results...

You do realize that if the race was based on a popular vote the campaigns would change their strategies, appearances, advertising etc. Which would have netted completely different results..

By the way...who's gonna feed all those assholes on the coast if you starve those bud sucking deplorables you have so little respect for???????

You are doubling down on DUMB arent you ?
CA grows 80% of the fruits and vegetable in the country, and has a MASSIVE beef, and poultry industry. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

We could divest ourselves of 30-40 states, and be a much more efficient, well educated country, without all the obese bums watching 8 hours of TV, and eating Doritos.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to elections, it would be interesting if the EC was eliminated. How many voters out there do not vote because they live in a state where its overwhelmingly D or R? Good question.. But I still like my solution, which is allocate EC votes based on population.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:

CA grows 80% of the fruits and vegetable in the country.

Get it straight Boggs....that's fruits and nuts.

mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
So the dems are frustrated that they are having problems winning elections by following the rules, so they want to change them, more chronic shortsightedness striking again.

>Get rid of the electoral college, thus allowing the liberal rich east and west coasts dictating what rules flyover country have to follow.
>Increase the size of the supreme court, not realizing that it's something that could go on forever, an ever increasing of size, as the various administrations take over.
>And my favorite, lowering the voting age to 16, as Pelosi says, "so we can capture them".

From Mike Huckabee: "Beto's excuse for writing sick stories about killing children: he was just a dumb 16-year-old who didn't know any better. But hey, let's lower the voting age to 16!"

NW...last I checked the Dems did quite fine in November winning a lot of elections. And the Dems have won the popular vote(humans voting) every year except 2004, going back to 1988.
In regards to the electoral college, how do the big tax payers in places like CA, and NY feel about the knuckleheads, and BUD tankers in flyover land dictating rules to the growth engines....???

Here's a simple solution. Allocate electoral college votes on a population basis, not a gerrymandered district basis...

Actually the best solution would be for dems to grow the fuck up and accept election results...

You do realize that if the race was based on a popular vote the campaigns would change their strategies, appearances, advertising etc. Which would have netted completely different results..

By the way...who's gonna feed all those assholes on the coast if you starve those bud sucking deplorables you have so little respect for???????

You are doubling down on DUMB arent you ?
CA grows 80% of the fruits and vegetable in the country, and has a MASSIVE beef, and poultry industry. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

We could divest ourselves of 30-40 states, and be a much more efficient, well educated country, without all the obese bums watching 8 hours of TV, and eating Doritos.

I hope you're kidding, no one is that ignorant. Your lovely state is in decline and you are in serious denial..

Better start digging more oils wells and build some dams...
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not. Just like the great state of Texas, many Californians are sick of sending $1.60 to DC, and getting back a buck. CA has a vast majority of the technology industry, huge banking system, the second largest oil company in the US, MASSIVE majority of farming production, aerospace, and obviously a wide variety of natural resources. Because of climate, and undesirable geography, many US states are net debtor entities, and are a drain on the resources of the country. And I really don't think a state that is the 8th largest economy on the planet should be governed with the same ideologies as some dimwit who chugs RedBull and goes to the local bowling alley for fun...
Matty, the good news is many Red Staters feel the same way, so lets split this thing up....Go read the latest Steve King screed ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: