myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lopez Water

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Lopez Water Reply with quote

Hey Pond windsurfing friends. Water is rising fast at the lake. Incoming flow from the creeks is looking good. The lake has gone up 4 feet since Feb. 3 six days ago. Its at 45%. Normal rain fall at the dam is 20 inches. As of today we have had 16.3 inches with rain most of next week. Still two and a half months of the rain season to go. The water in the launch area is a few inches from covering all the weed tops. I'm thinking its going to be a nice season of windsurfing this year. I will post again in a month or so before I head to SPI.
Come back to the pond and have some fun...Tony
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring your foil boards!!!!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56.5% now!
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was up the other day. Water is pushing into the cove down wind of the launch. All weed tops are covered. Should be a full season of sailing but more rain would be better. Early season will be best. Weed tops might start showing
July ish. But who knows. The level is higher than peek last year and I sailed and foiled into November. Pretty short reach by then. There has been a day here and there that the wind filled in but its been gusty and cold. I plan on going up at the end of the month to check it out and will report that....Tony
Aeolian1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Lopez or Padre Reply with quote

Thanks for the updates Tony. Hope to make it up for a camping/sailing trip this summer. If not, hopefully I'll see you on the Laguna Madre in April! -Tom
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

58% and rising
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off to SPI. Drove up to the lake this morning. The water is up past the bridge where you drive in. Almost all of the beach at the launch is covered. Water is getting around the corner into the down wind cove. The sailing area looks huge compared to the end of last year. Any increase in level doesn't increase the windsurfing area by much. Just makes it deeper and last longer. So more is better. Should be a good summer. Depends on how many people flush after they pee. Come up and sail with us. I mostly sail week days. Bring your friends and hope to see you all at the pond...Tony
bprice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took this pic of the remaining "beach" a week ago looking towards the IW sensor point. Water level is a foot higher now so it's mostly underwater. Launch and land area should have less canopy people this year, at least for awhile anyway. Still raining today with more forecast into early April.

Beach 3.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.23 KB
 Viewed:  16222 Time(s)

Beach 3.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: