myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
National Emergency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm?
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, at what point does the left become concerned about the number of illegals in the country. 12 million plus seems to be no big deal. What will it take? 15, 20, 25, 30 million? No limit? When amnesty gets closer to reality, there will likely be a big influx of more illegals.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about an emergency. Maybe time for some infrastructure spending.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-lawmakers-seek-to-declare-22t-national-debt-a-security-threat
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Of course Isobars leaves out the most important fact regarding the emergency declarations by past Presidents. NOT A SINGLE DECLARATION BY THESE PRESIDENTS WAS BECAUSE CONGRESS DID NOT APPROVE HIS ACTIONS. ie Trump's Emergency steps outside of the checks and balances that are provided by our (in my case but not that of a lot of the GOP these days) beloved Constitution.

Anyone who supports this action should be appalled at the disregard for the US Constitution regardless of their political views and agenda. Shameless.

I don't believe congress approved the attacks on Libya....hmm
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
So, at what point does the left become concerned about the number of illegals in the country. 12 million plus seems to be no big deal. What will it take? 15, 20, 25, 30 million? No limit? When amnesty gets closer to reality, there will likely be a big influx of more illegals.

That's the same question I ask every airhead liberal.....they all tilt their heads like puppy dogs and have no response....don't expect one.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
techno900 wrote:

That's the same question I ask every airhead liberal.....they all tilt their heads like puppy dogs and have no response....don't expect one.

The framing of this narrative answers most questions. First of all, most "liberals" don't refer to human beings as "illegals"... If conservatives were really concerned about the number of undocumented immigrants in this country, they could fix it with one quick move. So, don't put this on the Democrats, the large chieftains in the Central Valley have more sway than anyone on this matter.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs is right, the framing of the issue is everything. I support sanctuary under the established laws of this country. As well as the other categories of foreign workers established in programs going back to Reagan. Having worked with refugees, and knowing something of the violence they fled, and seeing the tiny number in comparison to the total population (and the core of violent right-wingers), I have no fear that they threaten either a large number of jobs or the American culture.

The Trump administration is slow walking evaluation of sanctuary claims, with the backlog now over 800,000. It is a deliberate attempt to evade the law. Techno—do you support that?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
techno900 wrote:

The framing of this narrative answers most questions. First of all, most "liberals" don't refer to human beings as "illegals"... If conservatives were really concerned about the number of undocumented immigrants in this country, they could fix it with one quick move. So, don't put this on the Democrats, the large chieftains in the Central Valley have more sway than anyone on this matter.

Really??? I call people what they are..Illegal means you entered the country ILLEGALLY.

Murderers and rapist are HUMAN BEINGS, what do you call them?????
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
Of course Isobars leaves out the most important fact regarding the emergency declarations by past Presidents. NOT A SINGLE DECLARATION BY THESE PRESIDENTS WAS BECAUSE CONGRESS DID NOT APPROVE HIS ACTIONS. ie Trump's Emergency steps outside of the checks and balances that are provided by our (in my case but not that of a lot of the GOP these days) beloved Constitution.

Anyone who supports this action should be appalled at the disregard for the US Constitution regardless of their political views and agenda. Shameless.

I don't believe congress approved the attacks on Libya....hmm

Matty

Congress said NO to this by withholding funding. There is a big difference between funding a construction project and a military action. Or, are you saying that the US military should take over our border security? Wouldn't that imply that Mexico is an enemy?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:

Well. I become concerned if the trend is upward. When illegal immigration is dropping, I have to think, as a fiscal conservative, that maybe we are doing the right thing already.

Now, tying border security to a comprehensive immigration reform policy seems like a good idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: