myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
National Emergency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
Of course Isobars leaves out the most important fact regarding the emergency declarations by past Presidents. NOT A SINGLE DECLARATION BY THESE PRESIDENTS WAS BECAUSE CONGRESS DID NOT APPROVE HIS ACTIONS. ie Trump's Emergency steps outside of the checks and balances that are provided by our (in my case but not that of a lot of the GOP these days) beloved Constitution.

Anyone who supports this action should be appalled at the disregard for the US Constitution regardless of their political views and agenda. Shameless.

I don't believe congress approved the attacks on Libya....hmm

Matty

Congress said NO to this by withholding funding. There is a big difference between funding a construction project and a military action. Or, are you saying that the US military should take over our border security? Wouldn't that imply that Mexico is an enemy?

I'm saying Obama went into Libya without Congressional approval...aka declaration of war.....

Trump is living up to his responsibility to defend this nation. The lefts claim that there is not an issue on our border is complete BS.

Trump is only doing what EVERY past president including obama said they wanted to do......This is all about politics, and nothing else..
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
I support sanctuary under the established laws of this country. As well as the other categories of foreign workers established in programs going back to Reagan.

Good to know and I agree. So what about the other 12 million immigrants that are here illegally?

If I was a legal immigrant, I would be pissed if I was thrown into the same category as those that overstayed their visas or crossed illegally. That's exactly what the left and almost all the media claims - all are immigrants with no differentiation between legal and illegal - explain that one!
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

58 former national security people sign document it is an abuse of presidential power to call this a national emergency essentially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUvEw2Kuarc

The Rachel Maddow Show 2/25/19 | Rachel Maddow MSNBC NEWS Feb 25, 2019

swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All thoughtful folks know that there is no national emergency at the border, and I believe that Donald Trump will ultimately lose on his specious con. His national emergency is just a fabrication tied to his campaign promises to hateful populists, and that's why he will lose. It's hard to believe that a responsible Congress would tolerate it. In the end, we have the courts.

I'm looking at an increasingly frustrated Donald Trump.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
All thoughtful folks know that there is no national emergency at the border, and I believe that Donald Trump will ultimately lose on his promotional con. His national emergency is just a fabrication tied to his campaign promises to hateful populists, and that's why he will lose. It's hard to believe that a responsible Congress would tolerate it.

One third of all women who make the trek to our border are rsped. Those men who rape also come through the border. 80,000 people are killed by fentanyl and other drugs that come from Mexico. SWC, you're out of your mind. You've been programmed by CNN, MSNBC,HUFPO. Dude, think outside the media box.

A report from the U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement indicates that thousands of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) were sexually abused during the past four years in federal custody. Of those reported to the Department of Justice, 65 percent of the abuses were at the hands of other minors in custody.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think that Trump cares about sexual assault? Including that of children being detained? His count on women is up to 23. https://www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12?fbclid=IwAR1qb80yv4YhcbVC9sW_bFkyQtDqAdBm7y_awpTorXgS3Yoq2bEwTQ4H1Us&utm_campaign=buffer-bi&utm_content=bufferb8589&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Bard, I made it clear long ago that I don't watch 24/7 cable news, so I don't know why you don't seem to get the picture. Just to be clear, I regularly watch the PBS Hour on TV, and I have a subscription with the Washington Post. Nothing too far fetched one way or another. Of course, for what it's worth, I do get the opportunity here of seeing many of your preferred sources of information and what you think about things.

Believe me, Donald Trump is going to eat dirt on his national emergency. It's just a matter of time.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Come on Bard, I made it clear long ago that I don't watch 24/7 cable news, so I don't know why you don't seem to get the picture. Just to be clear, I regularly watch the PBS Hour on TV, and I have a subscription with the Washington Post. Nothing too far fetched one way or another. Of course, for what it's worth, I do get the opportunity here of seeing many of your preferred sources of information and what you think about things.

Believe me, Donald Trump is going to eat dirt on his national emergency. It's just a matter of time.

LOL!!!! The Washington post is by far the most unhinged left wing rag you could read. That would explain why you are so clueless and a rabid Trump hater.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, pick any responsible and well respected newspaper, and Donald Trump is regularly revealed to be the liar and con man he is. Trump is his own worst enemy. Why would any sane person believe and choose to follow such a depraved and untrustworthy character is beyond me. You have to have quite a few loose nuts and bolts to not see what's going on.

Mark my words, as time goes on, Trump has nowhere to go but down.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
swchandler wrote:

LOL!!!! The Washington post is by far the most unhinged left wing rag you could read. That would explain why you are so clueless and a rabid Trump hater.

Nixonian brainwashing ....good to see some things never change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: