myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bay Area & SoCal forecast season starts tomorrow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windfind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Bay Area & SoCal forecast season starts tomorrow. Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

As the Baja forecast season ends the California forecast commence tomorrow March 1, 2019. We may only have 1 forecast per day at 7 AM the first week if the wind pattern does not look promising.

This year we have expanded our forecast regions to the Puget Sound and southern BC zone as well as Florida Weatherflow has hired 4 new meteorologists. We have also installed a bunch of sensors in Cancun and yet another sensor in La Ventana.

To help us in improving the forecasts please e-mail us with your insights and observations: mike@iwindsurf.com

Hope you have a great season!

Mike Godsey

ggTEMPdrone.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  163.56 KB
 Viewed:  12568 Time(s)

ggTEMPdrone.jpg

isobars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow! I KNEW there must be some advantage to CA. I suspect the Columbia may be as cold as it gets, since I don't recall seeing ice on it before and don't recall seeing such low water temp numbers. And we had no winter until February.
Riptide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a windsurfer found out yesterday, The heavy water runoff in the bay is causing a river of flood current along the shoreline this spring. The chances of missing last chance beach are greater than normal.
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and tides are higher than predicted, while water quality is dismal..
kevinkan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riptide wrote:
As a windsurfer found out yesterday, The heavy water runoff in the bay is causing a river of flood current along the shoreline this spring. The chances of missing last chance beach are greater than normal.

I saw that at Crissy the other day. Ebb looked really strong and the flood along shore looked like a river. Decided that my usual small sail tactics might not be a great idea and abandoned my plans to foil. Who missed Last Chance Beach?

Another windfoiler i talked to in the parking lot said that the ebb was so strong he slogged back from Berkeley on one tack

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:
Riptide wrote:

I saw that at Crissy the other day. Ebb looked really strong and the flood along shore looked like a river. Decided that my usual small sail tactics might not be a great idea and abandoned my plans to foil. Who missed Last Chance Beach?

Another windfoiler i talked to in the parking lot said that the ebb was so strong he slogged back from Berkeley on one tack

I am chickening out and going to foil at Stick (Or coyote) until the wind is a bit more regular! Upwind in displacement with the foil is a bit tricky, not sure I want to do that in a river ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: