myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bad day for TDS........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiple nationwide studies have uncovered only a handful of incidents of non-citizens voting. Based on state prosecution records, votes by non-citizens account for between 0.0003 percent and 0.001 percent of all votes cast. Election officials agree that there is no serious problem of non-citizen voting in our elections. The National Association of Secretaries of State, whose Republican-majority membership includes the chief elections officers of 40 states, said they “are not aware of any evidence that supports the voter fraud claims made by President Trump.”

http://time.com/4669899/illegal-citizens-voting-trump/
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump frequently, and inaccurately, accused Hillary Clinton of supporting open borders. As we wrote then, Clinton supported the 2013 Senate immigration bill, the so-called Gang of Eight bill, which in addition to providing a path to earned citizenship for those then in the country illegally, would have included significant investments in border security. The bill would have doubled the number of border patrol agents along the Mexican border, added 350 miles of new fencing, and added a host of security and technologies to prevent illegal immigration.

In fact, every Democrat in the Senate voted for the bill. Sen. Chuck Schumer, the Democratic leader in the Senate, cited that bill in a tweet responding to Trump’s repeated claims about Democratic support for open borders.

Democrats have opposed Trump’s plan for about 350 additional miles of border wall along the Southern border, saying it would be an ineffective waste of money, and they have opposed some of the president’s efforts to restrict legal immigration. But they have not called for abandoning border enforcement. In fact, the Democratic National Committee’s stated goal is legislation that includes a provision that “improves border security, prioritizes enforcement so we are targeting criminals.”

Responding to the president’s claims about Democrats supporting open borders, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said, “No, we do care about the border. We care about protecting our country, but we don’t think we need to protect the border by putting children in cages. We want to be smart and strong not reckless, rash and ruthless in this case.”

Democrats threw their support behind a bill that would have provided a path to citizenship for so-called Dreamers, but that also sought to “deploy the most practical and effective technology available in order to achieve situational awareness and operational control along the U.S. border” as well as to provide $110 million in grants annually for various border security activities. The bill failed in the Senate.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/calls-to-abolish-ice-not-open-borders/
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas posted:
Quote:
During the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump frequently, and inaccurately, accused Hillary Clinton of supporting open borders. As we wrote then, Clinton supported the 2013 Senate immigration bill, the so-called Gang of Eight bill, which in addition to providing a path to earned citizenship for those then in the country illegally, would have included significant investments in border security.

Bingo - there in lies the problem for conservatives. It's not illegals voting, it's the potential 12,000,000+ votes if they are made citizens.
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were 12 million immigrants living in the country illegally as of January 2015, according to the most recent estimate from the Department of Homeland Security. The estimates from two independent groups are similar: The Pew Research Center estimates the number at 10.7 million in 2016, and the Center for Migration Studies says there were 10.8 million people in 2016 living in the U.S. illegally.

That would be about 3.3 percent to 3.7 percent of the total U.S. population in 2016 or 2015.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/illegal-immigration-statistics/
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
To those that do not believe that Trump won because HE was the one promoting divisiveness and racism in his campaign here is an interesting read:

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/12/15/16781222/trump-racism-economic-anxiety-study

Contrary to mrgybe's statements in response to my post, the economy was not what was driving the Trump voters in the districts that mattered. Racism was the motivator that swung the election.

This is not saying anyone who voted for Trump is a racist. Only that the data is compelling and when coupled with where the vote mattered (in none of the districts represented by anyone on this forum) the fear of loss of white power was compelling enough to swing the election.

There are a number of other reports published on this over the last two years. I continue to be surprised that there are arguments that this wasn't the case based on what they believe the reasons were and not what they are.

We might want to believe that those swing voters looked at deficits and healthcare etc. But, that's not really what decided the election.

Wow!! you have gone full retard now...TDS is apparently eating your brain..

Now you're in the Mac zone with the racism bullshit....buy a helmet dude you can't afford anymore blows to the head.

Trump won because the left have lost their minds and they no longer appeal
to middle class Americans.

That's why democrates need to flood the country with illegals lower the voting age and scream RACISM all day long.....

I believe this makes my point.

Do you honestly think I am wrong about democrates flooding the country with illegals to strengthen their base????? That's not racism cobo, thats an opinion based on facts and the opinion of many.

Let's see if you can answer a simple question...

If illegals overwhelmingly voted for republicans do you think democrates would have the same views on open borders( like they did before they lost the middle class) ?????????????????????????

Which Republican?

If the GOP really represented the working class in this country, I would welcome anyone who would vote for those issues...access to health care, education, good roads, security.

I voted GOP for half my adult life, Matty, and am a registered republican. I quit supporting the GOP (except for a some candidates) after the party turned its back on its basic premise of protecting the rights of the average middle class American. And, especially, after the party turned its back on fiscal responsibility. The Democrats seem to be more interested in not saddling the next generation with debt than the current Administration.

Let me ask you this Matty. If the 12 million undocumented workers in this country were Canadian how would YOU feel about kicking them out?

Read something besides propaganda for once...here is a start

https://www.bushcenter.org/publications/resources-reports/reports/immigration.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwvuzkBRAhEiwA9E3FUid_FlBzWHzyjB1aM7Q3Pt8jqLEbniULjJZCc5kgxRljzD4Pbtl9TRoCKiIQAvD_BwE
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
vientomas posted:
Quote:
During the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump frequently, and inaccurately, accused Hillary Clinton of supporting open borders. As we wrote then, Clinton supported the 2013 Senate immigration bill, the so-called Gang of Eight bill, which in addition to providing a path to earned citizenship for those then in the country illegally, would have included significant investments in border security.

Bingo - there in lies the problem for conservatives. It's not illegals voting, it's the potential 12,000,000+ votes if they are made citizens.

Not a problem for these conservative Senators who voted for the Gang of Eight Bill:

Alexander (R-TN)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Chiesa (R-NJ)
Collins (R-ME)
Corker (R-TN)
Flake (R-AZ)
Graham (R-SC)
Hatch (R-UT)
Heller (R-NV)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Kirk (R-IL)
McCain (R-AZ)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Rubio (R-FL)
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB, I am probably the only contributor here who has been through the US immigration system to obtain a green card and then citizenship. It is a long and tedious process, but not unreasonable. If 12 million citizens of my country of birth were here illegally, I would be furious and vigorously support their removal. Why should they ignore the law when so many have been through the proper channels and hundreds of thousand more are waiting in line? This constant drumbeat that it's only because they are brown people is nonsense. Most people don't care about their origin. Follow the law and you will be welcomed just as tens of millions of all colors have been over the history of this country.

BTW, I don't respond to questions where a yes or no answer is demanded unless the question is "Do you want fries with that?". It doesn't suggest a willingness to have a serious discussion about complex issues. However, you may wish to read this.........the Democrats own analysis.......which debunks your assertion that the 2016 election was about racial intolerance not the economy or an appalling choice of candidate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/05/01/why-did-trump-win-new-research-by-democrats-offers-a-worrisome-answer/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.19f134b81a47
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
To those that do not believe that Trump won because HE was the one promoting divisiveness and racism in his campaign here is an interesting read:

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/12/15/16781222/trump-racism-economic-anxiety-study

Contrary to mrgybe's statements in response to my post, the economy was not what was driving the Trump voters in the districts that mattered. Racism was the motivator that swung the election.

This is not saying anyone who voted for Trump is a racist. Only that the data is compelling and when coupled with where the vote mattered (in none of the districts represented by anyone on this forum) the fear of loss of white power was compelling enough to swing the election.

There are a number of other reports published on this over the last two years. I continue to be surprised that there are arguments that this wasn't the case based on what they believe the reasons were and not what they are.

We might want to believe that those swing voters looked at deficits and healthcare etc. But, that's not really what decided the election.

Now you're in the Mac zone with the racism bullshit....buy a helmet dude you can't afford anymore blows to the head.

That's why democrates need to flood the country with illegals lower the voting age and scream RACISM all day long.....

Do you honestly think I am wrong about democrates flooding the country with illegals to strengthen their base????? That's not racism cobo, thats an opinion based on facts and the opinion of many.

If illegals overwhelmingly voted for republicans do you think democrates would have the same views on open borders( like they did before they lost the middle class) ?????????????????????????

Which Republican?

If the GOP really represented the working class in this country, I would welcome anyone who would vote for those issues...access to health care, education, good roads, security.

I voted GOP for half my adult life, Matty, and am a registered republican. I quit supporting the GOP (except for a some candidates) after the party turned its back on its basic premise of protecting the rights of the average middle class American. And, especially, after the party turned its back on fiscal responsibility. The Democrats seem to be more interested in not saddling the next generation with debt than the current Administration.

Let me ask you this Matty. If the 12 million undocumented workers in this country were Canadian how would YOU feel about kicking them out?

Read something besides propaganda for once...here is a start

https://www.bushcenter.org/publications/resources-reports/reports/immigration.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwvuzkBRAhEiwA9E3FUid_FlBzWHzyjB1aM7Q3Pt8jqLEbniULjJZCc5kgxRljzD4Pbtl9TRoCKiIQAvD_BwE

If they are uneducated, came from one of the most violent places on earth, and cheated our system , I WOULD FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME.

You really are turning into a POS Cobo ......I come from the most diverse place in the country , I welcome all who want to be part of the American experience. What you seem to forget is I want people to follow the LAW, is that asking too much????
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

There would be a solid concrete wall, about 40' tall, with gun turrets every 1/4 mile. But to be politically correct, the bullets would be rubber, can't have any bad press you know.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
CB, I am probably the only contributor here who has been through the US immigration system to obtain a green card and then citizenship. It is a long and tedious process, but not unreasonable. If 12 million citizens of my country of birth were here illegally, I would be furious and vigorously support their removal. Why should they ignore the law when so many have been through the proper channels and hundreds of thousand more are waiting in line? This constant drumbeat that it's only because they are brown people is nonsense. Most people don't care about their origin. Follow the law and you will be welcomed just as tens of millions of all colors have been over the history of this country.

BTW, I don't respond to questions where a yes or no answer is demanded unless the question is "Do you want fries with that?". It doesn't suggest a willingness to have a serious discussion about complex issues. However, you may wish to read this.........the Democrats own analysis.......which debunks your assertion that the 2016 election was about racial intolerance not the economy or an appalling choice of candidate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/05/01/why-did-trump-win-new-research-by-democrats-offers-a-worrisome-answer/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.19f134b81a47

At the root of the issue is personal economics. It always is. But, what Trump did was to take these woes and blame them on something far more easily marketable than policy decisions by the opposing party. He made it a race issue. The woes could be eliminated by sealing the borders. The chants at the rallies were not "create jobs" they were "build that wall". The campaign ads centered on fear not policy.

I agree that the Democrats left behind the working class in parts of the country during the rebound from the great recession. That created the room for Trump to move in with his message of fear.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/more-evidence-that-racism-and-sexism-were-key-to-trump-victory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: