myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bad day for TDS........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassman wrote:
swchandler wrote:
mat-ty, from your comments, I think that you're a bit intimidated by all that will come down.

Mark my words, it will be totally awesome and worthy of discussion.

Yes and it's called FISAGATE!!

Muhahahahahaha...muhahahahahaha...

You won't want to miss it when all the corrupt demonrats go down!

Popcorn please!!!

Ummm. The FISA report came out over a year ago to a government that had control of both houses and the Presidency and nothing happened with all of the power to investigate.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassman wrote:
swchandler wrote:
mat-ty, from your comments, I think that you're a bit intimidated by all that will come down.

Popcorn please!!!

every judge on the fisa warrents in question were right wing judges. hahahahaha

our national security was not jeopardized buy that process, whereas no question the 100 lies by trump and his goons on russia meddling our national security was. Russia has already received their 100s of millions payback by trump removing the magniski act.

swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, when it comes to using the "hateful" adjective about some of the dialog here coming from the right, I'm only calling a spade a spade. If the hateful disdain disappeared in right wing comments, I wouldn't call you guys hateful. Believe me, when it comes to being really ugly here and calling folks names, I don't think that you can pin that on me.

Regarding your response to my last post, I challenge you to find and provide any credible evidence that Democrats in government have been the party that consistently kills immigration reform. Since Ronald Reagan's time, it's been Republicans that shut the doors. Now, that's not to say that there haven't been some sensible Republicans that have supported immigration reform. 14 Senate Republicans in 2013 joined with Democrats to pass an immigration reform bill, but as we all know, Republicans in the House predictably stonewalled the bill and killed any progress towards a resolution. That's an undeniable fact.

Lastly, the idea of saying that liberals are just a guilty as conservatives when it comes to hiring illegal immigrants is just specious nonsense, and you can't prove it to the degree that you are claiming. I'm sure that there are some greedy liberals in America, but few, if any, are throwing money into lobbying to kill immigration reform. Money speaks in politics, and we all know how that plays out when it comes to Republicans and immigration reform.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
techno900 wrote:
coboardhead said:
Quote:
The economy of this country is, potentially, more at risk because of our aging population than immigration. You may be a greater risk to the economy, Techno, than a Mexican immigrant.

Maybe not! Here's something that hasn't been talked about for some time. Do you think this is a good thing for our economy? This includes legal and illegal Mexicans, but likely a lot more illegals that legal. Either way, it hurts our economy.

Quote:
Mexicans living abroad sent cash home in record numbers last year. The vast majority of the cash came from those living in the United States.

Mexicans sent home $26.1 billion from January to November 2017, according to figures released Tuesday by the central bank of Mexico. That's the most ever recorded and better than the $24.1 billion sent in 2016 over the same period.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/02/news/economy/mexico-remittances/index.html

They still pay 20% of their income in taxes.

Sure, they send money home. But, they pay rent, they pay taxes and often don't file returns.

They don't all pay their income taxes, just some, and with those, the 20% is all the money that stays, none of the rest gets circulated w/in our economy, which add to it, nope, it's gone to help a different country's economy.
Also not all of them pay rent, many agricultural workers are put up by their employers, families and all. It's a migratory thing, they move around following the different crops as they come in at different times.

Last edited by nw30 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP, its been some time since you participated in the fun, but welcome back.

To spice things up, maybe you can provide us with some predictions for the future, and fill us all in on which Democrats are going down. Given the results of the 2018 election, I'm thinking that Republicans will be at the most risk in 2020, particularly in the Senate where they will be defending more seats than Democrats.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
techno900 wrote:
coboardhead said:
Quote:
The economy of this country is, potentially, more at risk because of our aging population than immigration. You may be a greater risk to the economy, Techno, than a Mexican immigrant.

Maybe not! Here's something that hasn't been talked about for some time. Do you think this is a good thing for our economy? This includes legal and illegal Mexicans, but likely a lot more illegals that legal. Either way, it hurts our economy.

Quote:
Mexicans living abroad sent cash home in record numbers last year. The vast majority of the cash came from those living in the United States.

Mexicans sent home $26.1 billion from January to November 2017, according to figures released Tuesday by the central bank of Mexico. That's the most ever recorded and better than the $24.1 billion sent in 2016 over the same period.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/02/news/economy/mexico-remittances/index.html

They still pay 20% of their income in taxes.

Sure, they send money home. But, they pay rent, they pay taxes and often don't file returns.

They don't all pay their income taxes, just some, and with those, the 20% is all the money that stays, none of the rest gets circulated w/in our economy, which add to it, nope, it's gone to help a different country's economy.
Also not all of them pay rent, many agricultural workers are put up by their employers, families and all. It's a migratory thing, they move around following the different crops as they come in at different times.

This is a problem with the employers and not the migrant workers. I've been an employer and I think so have you. Right of the top I pay 17% and then I withhold a minimum amount of state and federal taxes. Pretty much a minimum of 20%. So, the migrant workers do pay into the system. One of my "green cards" paid some $20k per year in taxes. Yeah. He sent some money home...So, there is a wide range in what DOCUMENTED workers contribute. And, that's the issue here. We need to clamp down on employers who hire undocumented workers. We need to attach payroll taxes to wages (paid by employers) to fund migrant health services and other programs.

How much do you figure a minimum wage earner contributes to the economy with his take home wages? Probably not that much. The value is in what the broader economy makes on his work. Migrant agricultural workers are the backbone of a lot of farm economy and every consumer benefits.

I wonder how much a head of cabbage would cost if we had a bunch of ex steel workers moving around the country working the farms?
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget that illegal immigrants pay sales taxes, at least here in California and most other states. We all know that it adds up.

Also, when it comes to fuel requirements, all layers of government get their cut of taxation, even the feds.

Lastly, and maybe some of you might not have thought about it, when Hispanics send their money home, I'm sure that relatives in their home country turn around and buy American products.

You have to look at the positives.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
techno900, when it comes to using the "hateful" adjective about some of the dialog here coming from the right, I'm only calling a spade a spade. If the hateful disdain disappeared in right wing comments, I wouldn't call you guys hateful. Believe me, when it comes to being really ugly here and calling folks names, I don't think that you can pin that on me.

Regarding your response to my last post, I challenge you to find and provide any credible evidence that Democrats in government have been the party that consistently kills immigration reform. Since Ronald Reagan's time, it's been Republicans that shut the doors. Now, that's not to say that there haven't been some sensible Republicans that have supported immigration reform. 14 Senate Republicans in 2013 joined with Democrats to pass an immigration reform bill, but as we all know, Republicans in the House predictably stonewalled the bill and killed any progress towards a resolution. That's an undeniable fact.

Lastly, the idea of saying that liberals are just a guilty as conservatives when it comes to hiring illegal immigrants is just specious nonsense, and you can't prove it to the degree that you are claiming. I'm sure that there are some greedy liberals in America, but few, if any, are throwing money into lobbying to kill immigration reform. Money speaks in politics, and we all know how that plays out when it comes to Republicans and immigration reform.

You said "Calling a Spade A Spade" that's blatantly Racist if we apply the Mac standard.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
jpbassman wrote:
swchandler wrote:

Popcorn please!!!

Ummm. The FISA report came out over a year ago to a government that had control of both houses and the Presidency and nothing happened with all of the power to investigate.

What's your point? we were deep into the Mueller investigation and trying to derail it based on it's sleazy start would have been counter productive.

And last time I check things did happen...Just ask Comey, and the the half a dozen other scumbags who no longer work for the FBI...

We will now get to the Fisa issue ,my guess is it will lead right to the obama WH.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You said "Calling a Spade A Spade" that's blatantly Racist if we apply the Mac standard."

mat-ty, are you kidding? Do you really think that what I said has anything to do with racism?

For a meaning to the phase, the following is from Wikipedia.

"It is also referred to as "let's call a spade a spade, not a gardening tool" which refers to calling something "as it is", that is, by its right or proper name, without "beating about the bush"—being outspoken about it, truthfully, frankly, and directly, even to the point of being blunt or rude, and even if the subject ..."

I think that if you happened to use the phrase properly, I seriously doubt that even mac would turn it into a racist comment. I think that you must be suffering from MDS, "mac derangement syndrome".

Last edited by swchandler on Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: