myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
TEAR THOSE WINDMILLS DOWN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject: TEAR THOSE WINDMILLS DOWN Reply with quote

WE HAD REAGAN SAY TEAR THOSE SOLAR PANELS DOWN, well he ripped them off the whitehouse that Carter put up as an example to america to tell americans there was a clear and present danger to become energy independent or more will die over oil. His speech was so spot on to even today. I will post it next.

NOW WE HAVE TRUMP TELLING US TEAR THOSE WINDMILLS DOWN AND DO NOT BUILD MORE WINDMILLS, JUST BUILD WALLS.

Hey windsurfers did you know the wind only blows sometimes? Maybe some guy can put sensors out there to tell us when it does....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-wind-energy-hannity_n_5c9d575be4b0474c08cb3452?ncid=newsltushpmgnews__Politics__032919

Trump To Sean Hannity: Wind Energy Won’t Work Because Wind ‘Only Blows Sometimes’

Twitter wits are grateful the president pointed out the problem so renewable energy experts can deal with it.

Quote:
President Donald Trump apparently knows exactly what’s wrong with wind power. Wind power won’t work because wind “only blows sometimes,” he explained to Sean Hannity on Fox News.

Trump also insisted Thursday evening at a rally in Michigan that he “knows a lot about wind. If it doesn’t blow, you can forget about television for that night,” he said.

Wind energy can be stored in a variety of ways, including in something called batteries. Most power grids combine energy provided by different sources — as the Trump administration’s own Energy Department explains on its website for anyone who cares to look. “The wind does not always blow and the sun doesn’t always shine,” the site helpfully notes. Yet the power grid “can accommodate large penetrations of variable renewable power without sacrificing reliability.”

Trump shared his energy insights during a rambling, often repeated point that he is the toughest president ever on Russia. That apparently has resulted in a boost in U.S. fossil fuel use and sales, he said in the Wednesday phone interview with Hannity.

“It’s what we have done with energy and oil and gas. That’s all competition from, for Russia,” Trump said. “You look at the Ukraine. You look at so many different levels. You look at our military,” he added.

“You look at the fact that we would have been powered by wind, which wouldn’t have worked, by the way, because it only blows sometimes and lots of problems come about.”

He made a similar observation last week about wind energy in Ohio, which caused one energy expert to call him a “clown.”

Trump complained to workers at a tank factory in Lima that his former Democratic rival Hillary Clinton “wanted to put up windmills everywhere.” He then pretended to be some anonymous husband, telling his wife: “Turn off the television darling, please. There’s no wind. Please turn off the television quickly.”

Michael Mann, a professor of atmospheric science at Pennsylvania State University, told Newsweek after the president’s remarks then: “Trump is a clown, but a dangerous, evil clown. He would happily mortgage the future of our children and grandchildren for the short-term profit of the fossil fuel interests whose bidding he’s doing.”

Trump repeated his television routine Thursday in Michigan.

@atrupar
Replying to @atrupar
TRUMP: "If Hillary got in... you'd be doing wind. Windmills. Weeeee. And if it doesn't blow, you can forget about television for that night. 'Darling, I want to watch television.' 'I'm sorry! The wind isn't blowing.' I know a lot about wind."

5:08 PM - Mar 28, 2019
5,381 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Trump also complained in Ohio that wind farms affect views, which he claimed decrease home values by 65 percent (though evidence does not support that). He was apparently thinking of his golf course in Scotland.

Just weeks after Trump was elected president, he harangued British politician and key Brexit campaigner Nigel Farage at a meeting in New York to fight against a wind farm in Scotland because Trump said it was ruining the views near his Aberdeenshire course. “When I look out of my window and I see these windmills, it offends me,” Trump was quoted as saying by a UK official, according to the BBC.

Subscribe to the Politics email.
How will Trump's administration impact you?
address@email.com
Trump sued the Scottish government over the wind farm — and lost. A Scottish court last month ordered Trump to pay the Scottish government’s legal costs fighting the suit.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.weccusa.org/main/abouttimeline/title/Energy%20efficiency%20timeline
Address to the Nation on Energy (April 18, 1977) Jimmy Carter

Transcript
Quote:
Good evening.
Tonight I want to have an unpleasant talk with you about a problem that is unprecedented in our history. With the exception of preventing war, this is the greatest challenge that our country will face during our lifetime.
The energy crisis has not yet overwhelmed us, but it will if we do not act quickly. It’s a problem that we will not be able to solve in the next few years, and it’s likely to get progressively worse through the rest of this century.

We must not be selfish or timid if we hope to have a decent world for our children and our grandchildren. We simply must balance our demand for energy with our rapidly shrinking resources. By acting now we can control our future instead of letting the future control us.

Two days from now, I will present to the Congress my energy proposals.. Its Members will be my partners, and they have already given me a great deal of valuable advice.

Many of these proposals will be unpopular. Some will cause you to put up with inconveniences and to make sacrifices. The most important thing about these proposals is that the alternative may be a national catastrophe. Further delay can affect our strength and our power as a nation.

Our decision about energy will test the character of the American people and the ability of the President and the Congress to govern this Nation. This difficult effort will be the “moral equivalent of war,” except that we will be uniting our efforts to build and not to destroy.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/twitter-world-reacts-to-trumps-claims-windmills-cause-cancer/news-story/6f45d3edb12e34db1cb56cb12351fcdf

Twitter world reacts to Trump’s claims windmills cause cancer
Quote:
After Donald Trump promoted a bizarre online conspiracy theory, social media has now giving it an entertaining life of its own.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: