myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Naish Lift Foil Sail. First impressions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUCARO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Naish Lift Foil Sail. First impressions Reply with quote

I have only had one session on the 2018 Naish Lift 4.7m and overall it was very positive. The only other sail i have foiled with is an older HSM superfreak. The Naish lift and the superfreak have a couple of design similarities half battens and dacron. My guess is Jeffrey Henderson is probably working on a FoilFreak prototype right now.

The obvious differences are that the Lift has a teach leach and a very low clew. The low clew was hard to get used too while sailing, but it did make light wind water starts much easier. This is an unexpected selling point.

I did not notice any significant difference in power generations when pumping the sail to get onto the foil, if any thing the superfreak feels more stable in the pumping motion, but this may have been due to me not putting enough outhaul on the lift. [I think Naish's out-haul numbers are off cause they are asking for 175 cm. I put close to 180cm and this may have been too little]

The real advantage of the lift was its consistent power when up on the foil. The superfreak has a tendency to over-pull occasionally leading to an over foiling crash. This feeling of being on the edge of disaster was much much less on the Lift even when the wind came up.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with the lift and am looking forward to more sessions.
grantmac017

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the name, but HSM has had a foil sail for quite some time. It's totally unlike the Super Freak.
LUCARO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grantmac017 wrote:
I can't remember the name, but HSM has had a foil sail for quite some time. It's totally unlike the Super Freak.

They still have it. It's the superfly and more like a wing than that superfreak

https://www.hotsailsmaui.com/sail.php?uid=32
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: