myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Infinity 76 wing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Infinity 76 wing Reply with quote

I'm thinking about upgrading to the infinity 76 wing. Looking for a comparison and pros and cons between the old wing and the new 76 from someone that has foiled both....I'm 165 lbs on the Dialer 130 and mostly foil on a 4.7 I have no issues getting up and flying in lite winds on the wing I have in the back position.. Thanks
dcharlton

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the Infinity 84 so not exact comparison but in a nutshell, night and day between the H2 (assuming that's what you're on already).

Pros
1) Lifts a LOT sooner
2) MUCH more control, even when winds pick up
3) Better shot at hitting your jybes
4) Does NOT spin out (the H2 spun out a LOT for me)
5) If you do foil out, your not as punished on the crash down, gives a softer landing.

Cons
1) If you smack it into a rock and damage it, it may be a little trickier to fix than the H2.

My advice, pull the trigger and get it! You will NOT be sorry!

DC
dllee

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two best jibing foilers I know use the 76. Both could barely jibe before the 76, both around 90% foiling jibes now.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input
isobars

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long-time Slingshot employee (he abandoned straight WSing for windfoiling years ago) who sold me a slightly used Wizard told me to consider only the 2019 76 for all the reasons cited by dcharlton. He had no stake in the game because I was buying a new Infinity from Windance anyway (at 10% off on Memorial weekend.)
LUCARO

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Novaan

I think the old blue 68cm wing + infintiy 84 is a great combination. You have the 84 for light wind and can drop down to the 68cm for windier days.

Although, the 76cm is a great all around wing and you will probably not use the 68cm anymore if you get the 76cm.

Best

Roland
grantmac017

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone I've talked to says the 76cm can do everything that H2 can plus go both faster and slower with a lot more stability.
I'm just waiting for the next generation to come out so perhaps they won't be so expensive.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sail and foil at a gusty lake. Can be 6 to 25 on a bad day. Pretty steady on a good day. I didn't think it would be a place to foil. Now i'm finding just the opposite. I can fly all the way thru the lulls where I would fall off plane on my windsurf board. If I'm over powered in the gusts I just bring my foil board down and windsurf it until I'm thru it and then Fly up again. I can get going in the lulls on a much smaller sail on the foil and fly by windsurfer's that can't get going. Anyway keep the input coming. I'm having so much fun foiling that I'm going to get the bigger wing...
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its on the way. I'LL post after a few rides. Foiling saved the day again at Lopez lake. No go for windsurfing. Very lite and gusty. 4 guys foiling everyone had a big smile on their face. Hardly a white cap to be seen.. Two pumps on my 5.3 and up and flying
d0uglass

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One little thing that I realized you need to be careful of with the Infinity foils:

When you're assembling the foil in the "B" or "C" position, don't over-tighten the bolts on the front wing that go into the little aluminum "cap" fits in the slot on top of the wing. Since the cap is soft and thin and the bolts bottom out after just a few turns, it's really easy to over tighten them and strip the threads.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: