myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Infinity 76 wing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I did that on the old wing when they had the plastic cap in the wing.
grantmac017

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d0uglass wrote:
One little thing that I realized you need to be careful of with the Infinity foils:

When you're assembling the foil in the "B" or "C" position, don't over-tighten the bolts on the front wing that go into the little aluminum "cap" fits in the slot on top of the wing. Since the cap is soft and thin and the bolts bottom out after just a few turns, it's really easy to over tighten them and strip the threads.

I drilled them completely through and use slightly longer bolts. Seems to be a bit more secure.
atlas.wave55

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grantmac017 wrote:
d0uglass wrote:
One little thing that I realized you need to be careful of with the Infinity foils:

When you're assembling the foil in the "B" or "C" position, don't over-tighten the bolts on the front wing that go into the little aluminum "cap" fits in the slot on top of the wing. Since the cap is soft and thin and the bolts bottom out after just a few turns, it's really easy to over tighten them and strip the threads.

I drilled them completely through and use slightly longer bolts. Seems to be a bit more secure.

Thanks for that, interesting to know. Could you post a picture of your wing with the drilled out cap.

I've not yet used the slingshot fwind yet, just picked it up and am keen to try it. I was told by my store to make sure I use the longer set of bolts for mounting the deep tuttle head to the mast; They lost a foil by using the shorter ones:(
atlas.wave55

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any comments for if i should be using tefgel grease or telflon tape on the bolts for sailing strictly in lakes(no salt, well some salt because of winter Lol). Is the fact that the bolts and fuse are two dissimilar metals enough to make peolpe use it? It is neat that they Supply it for you Smile
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use tefgel and it works well. Fresh water only and no issues. I take my foil apart about every 20 times out just to clean the sand out. Its messy and get everywhere. Next time I clean it up I'm going to use marine grade lanolin oil.
Easier to apply and clean. suppose to be all you need for fresh water...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: