myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pelvis tilt and waist harnesses
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manuel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you say a seat harness helps back issues or more precisely pelvis tilt/low back strain? There may lie the technique to adopt with a waist.

Waist users how do you keep drive into the harness when going over rough terrain? What group muscles come into play?

I feel like for most recreational sailing a waist harness teaches us the right things, promotes good posture. It gives us more range of motion and easier hooking in and out, and finally more room for correction when things get ugly. Only it's a bit more technical, more active.

westender

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manuel wrote:

Waist users how do you keep drive into the harness when going over rough terrain?

Bend Ze Knees.
manuel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, I got it. After a nice break, came back and understood how to drive the sail power by sticking my bum out. Shoulders may remain forward towards the sail. My back is completely straight, my abs and legs are taking the load. I may get low to get on a plane and be safer but the main concept is bum out.

This also alleviate any harness riding up issues along with any back stress. Wonderful! Took me about 15 years to learn to use a waist harness, great Very Happy !

My front arm can push against the boom when well lit up to resist sail flattening and shove more pressure in the harness.

As a result of this new technique, my skills have improved all around, speed, planing threshold and wind range. It's quite spectacular.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: