myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Is this what we pay for?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grantmac017 wrote:
This wasn't damage from use or handling. It was a gouge through the deck laminate sometime between glassing and painting which was fixed by just filling with putty. A 10 second fix rather than a 5 minute fix.
I could see using epoxy and microballons, preferably actual glass cloth to tie the laminate back together. But the putty just has no strength and it's a very high impact area no matter how nicely you treat the equipment.

Are you trying to make the point that its SOP at Cobra to coverup damaged or knowingly ship improperly constructed boards? IMO its probably just a one-off, some guy at the factory dropped the board and was just trying to covering up his mistake it happens, not every board everyday but it happens. But if your says its SOP then I would point out that Cobra produces 10's of thousands if not 100's of thousands of sailboards, kite-boards, surfboards, and SUP's a year on top of golf club shafts, automotive and airplane parts if it was company policy to send out boards (and other products) with substandard workmanship they would be out of business.
I have gotten 2-3 new Cobra built sailboards and SUP's a year for the last 15 plus years, in that time I have had only a few minor defects none of which led to major failure or constituted a wholly defective product. Even though the boards are made at the cobra they are made by hand by human's and human's are prone to error sometimes. I think your expectations are a little high.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: