myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
trump is a coward, bone spurs my arse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: trump is a coward, bone spurs my arse Reply with quote

https://news.yahoo.com/war-vet-sen-duckworth-on-trump-draft-deferments-im-sorry-but-its-baloney-132841107.html
War vet Sen. Duckworth on Trump draft deferments: ‘I'm sorry, but it's baloney’
Yahoo News Rebecca Corey,Yahoo News•June 18, 20196,632 Comments
“Through Her Eyes” is a weekly show hosted by human rights activist Zainab Salbi that explores contemporary news issues from a female perspective. You can watch a full episode of “Through Her Eyes” every Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET on Roku, or at the bottom of this article.

Quote:
Iraq War veteran Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., didn’t mince words about President Trump’s redirection of Pentagon resources to a U.S.-Mexico border wall after Congress declined to fund it.

“If anything, he's cut funding for our military readiness. He's stealing from the military,” Sen. Duckworth told the Yahoo News show “Through Her Eyes.”

“He's sending troops to the border to sit around in the desert,” she added. “Thousands of miles from where these migrants are, instead of going to training. He's also now been supportive of deporting veterans who serve who are green card holders.”

She also took Trump to task for his recent comments to British broadcaster Piers Morgan about military service.

“It would've been an honor to serve,” President Trump told Morgan when asked about his lack of military service. “But I think I make up for it right now ... because we’re rebuilding our military at a level that it’s never seen before.”

Sen. Duckworth was not impressed. As a lieutenant colonel, she lost both of her legs after the helicopter she was co-piloting was shot down over Iraq in 2004.

Trump received a total of five draft deferments from military service during the Vietnam War: four for education, and a fifth for bone spurs in his heels. Sen. Duckworth has mocked him as “Cadet Bone Spurs” on multiple occasions.

“I'm sorry, but it's baloney,” she said. “He dodged the draft five times using his personal privilege to get out of serving. He came up with a bogus diagnosis of a bone spur, which he can't even tell you what foot it was in. If it was that bad, you would remember, right?”

“Don't attack members of the military. Don't wrap yourself in the flag as if you're some great patriot, yet when your nation called and asked you to respond, you didn't,” she continued.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bone spurs...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: