myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
THE cover-up by Barr
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise!
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scare myself. All it takes is putting on my tin foil hat and winding the propeller.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astonishing. https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/george-washington-law-school-faculty-calls-for-barr-s-censure-resignation-Ebn5vCt780aabXbeIDoerQ
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassman wrote:
Surprise!

Not surprising that the knuckledragger would post a photoshopped image without attribution.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this reublican appointed Judge is still not to happy with the Flynn case. but may back out.

He received the underacted Mueller report that was subject of a freedom of information act, and it appears the redacted part may have been illegally censored. And Barr is being called out for it by the Judge to explain and his department will not have to appear in court. I guess Barr just needs to justify his redaction as to what made them redact-able ie top secret from americas national security.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/judge-who-read-unredacted-mueller-report-has-a-spreadsheet-full-of-questions-for-the-doj-to-answer/

Judge Who Read Unredacted Mueller Report Has a Spreadsheet Full of Questions for the DOJ to Answer

Quote:
A federal judge who has been highly critical of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) under President Donald Trump has a spreadsheet full of questions for the agency to answer about the undredacted Mueller Report. U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton issued a brief order on Monday outlining his request for the DOJ in anticipation of a hearing scheduled for July 20.

Walton’s order outlines the events leading up to the request so far:

On March 20, 2020, the [DOJ] submitted the unredacted version of the report prepared by Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III regarding his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 United States presidential election to the court for its in camera review. After reviewing the unredacted version of the Report, on June 8, 2020, the Court ordered the [DOJ] to “appear before the Court for an ex parte hearing to address the Court’s questions regarding certain redactions of the Mueller Report.”

Note: An “in camera review” refers to a private review done by a judge alone and an “ex parte hearing” refers to a hearing between a judge and one side of a dispute, respectively.

“To accord the [DOJ] knowledge of the questions that the Court has regarding some of the redactions prior to the ex parte hearing, the Court has prepared an Excel spreadsheet that catalogues these questions,” the two-page order continues.

The basic legal dispute here is a Freedom of Information (FOIA) lawsuit filed in March 2019 by the Electronic Privacy Information Center, BuzzFeed and BuzzFeed News reporter Jason Leopold.

So far, the plaintiffs have scored a significant number of victories.

As a threshold matter, Walton noted that he was not particularly pleased with Attorney General Bill Barr’s overall handling of the Mueller Report. The judge said that Barr’s behavior had resulted in “grave concerns about the objectivity of the process that preceded the public release of the redacted version” of the report.

“These circumstances generally, and Attorney General Barr’s lack of candor specifically, call into question Attorney General Barr’s credibility and in turn, the Department’s representation that ‘all of the information redacted from the version of the Report released by the Attorney General’ is protected from disclosure by its claimed FOIA exemptions,” he added, previewing the case’s general trajectory.

Walton issued his in camera demand in March of this year. In June, he set the current schedule for the DOJ to explain exactly why the Mueller Report contains the redactions that it does.

The upcoming hearing could be brutal for the DOJ, given that Judge Walton previously said be he believed Attorney General Barr “distorted” the Mueller Report’s findings.

But Monday’s order offers something of a potential out for Barr and his subordinates; the agency’s responses to the questions and context presented on the spreadsheet may mean the planned-for hearing is ultimately unnecessary.

“The Court will advise the [DOJ] as to whether the [DOJ’s] written explanations obviate the need for the ex parte hearing currently scheduled,” a footnote explained.

Read the full order below:

mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished reading “Dark Towers”, the account of Deutsche Bank, the only bank that would loan to Trump, which also loaned to Kushner, and which admitted to any number of dodgy schemes including money laundering for Russians—Trump’s source of income.

Towards the end of Obama’s term, Deutsch was hit with a $7 billion penalty for “ripping off investors...through its fraudulent sale of mortgage backed securities.” But after Trump was elected, the Labor Department cut “a break to Deutsche..[for its] criminal conduct in manipulation of interest rates.” Somehow, the Justice Department’s investigation into Deutsche laundering money for Putin’s associates through mirror trades came to a halt.

Trump may never pay back the loans, but he and Barr seem to have delivered for Deutsche.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here he goes again, sending Cohen back to jail because he will not sign a agreement not to write a book about trump....

https://www.justsecurity.org/71370/top-experts-bureau-of-prisons-blocking-michael-cohen-book-about-trump-violates-first-amendment/

Top Experts: DOJ’s Bureau of Prison Blocking Michael Cohen Book about Trump Violates First Amendment

Quote:
On Thursday morning, Michael Cohen, the president’s former lawyer and fixer, was returned to prison. Many readers like myself may have passed over the headlines for this particular event thinking it was unsurprising. After all, Cohen’s reimprisonment followed his apparently being caught on camera at a NYC restaurant in violation of conditions of home confinement. Despite initial headlines, however, the news reports explained a very different and more ominous set of facts. As the New York Times’ Maggie Haberman described, “Cohen imprisonment wasn’t related to NY Post photo of him at restaurant. When he went to switch from furlough to home confinement, he had to sign papers saying no media or publishing a book, which he refused to sign.”

Perhaps due to the flurry of news in the past forty-eight hours or perhaps due to the misperception of why Cohen returned to prison, there has been little to no significant analysis of this development (setting aside stray tweets and the like). That’s despite the availability of the peculiar agreement that Cohen was asked to sign committing not to publish a book. How peculiar is the agreement? Very peculiar. As David C. Fathi, director of the ACLU’s National Prison Project told Just Security, “I have never heard of such a spectacularly overbroad restriction on speech as a condition of probation or supervised release.”

I asked some of the country’s leading First Amendment law experts for their views about the agreement Cohen was told to sign. Their comments are published in full below. They are almost uniform in decrying the condition placed on Cohen by the Bureau of Prisons, an agency under William Barr’s Justice Department. I recommend reading their extensive comments in full, but here are some highlights:

wsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr was instructed to genuflect in his recent testimony!

ATTORNEY GENERAL BARR: Thank you, Mr. President. First, let me say what an honor it is for me to serve under a President who is such a strong supporter of law enforcement.

I mean come on, get a room!!!

Last edited by wsurfer on Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fired-federal-manhattan-prosecutor-argued-trump-didn-t-have-legal-authority-to-remove-him/ar-BB16HcfK?ocid=msedgntp

Fired federal Manhattan prosecutor argued Trump didn't have legal authority to remove him

Quote:

Berman said he did not know why Barr was trying to remove him, but argued that Barr's actions raised "serious concerns" and would have been disruptive to the office and potentially resulted in the resignation of prosecutors under him.

"I don't know what the Attorney General's motives were, but the irregular and unexplained actions by the Attorney General raised serious concerns for me. In addition, the imposition of an acting United States attorney from outside of the office, as I explained, would necessarily delay and disrupt the ongoing investigations."

mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr is a lying sack of shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: