myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Slingshot Dialer versus Levitator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
combs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Slingshot Dialer versus Levitator Reply with quote

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a Slingshot foil set up and wondering what the differences are between the Dialer and the Levitator boards. I am 200 pounds so specifically considering the 145 Dialer versus the 160 Levitator.

Is one easier to learn on?

Any feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks!!
LUCARO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not ridden either

But you can learn for sure on the dialer, but most will want to transition to a wizard at some stage as short and wide seems to be the current trend (width helps getting going in light air and some people talk about the swing weight of the dialer's longer nose).

The levitator has a track system which allows more freedom of positioning of the foil, but is a bit more of a headache to attach. I believe the track was intended to allow persons that cannot plane on a windsurfer (harness and straps) to still learn to foil, as the foil can be moved forward so that it is between their feet in a non-planning stance.

Also, the wizard 125 will be a board you can learn on and not grow out of unless you are looking to do aerial foiling.
dcharlton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second on the Wizard 125. I'm 215lbs and can uphaul no problem on the Wizard.

No swing weight given the shortness of the board and you're really feeling the foil direct.

DC
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The levitator takes 4 screws to install the foil that you need to line up perfectly to get them in. I have the adjustable foil track on my Naish board that only takes one hand screw to put the foil on the board. Super easy. I learned on the 130 Dialer and it was very user friendly and forgiving. Built to take the abuse that you'll dish out while learning to foil. The SS gear is heavy and hard to carry to the water. Once in, the weight makes no or very little difference in how it fly's.. Several guys here learned to foil on the Dialer and I'm the only one that sold it and went with something new. It is nose heavy but most guys here think that is a plus and helps keep a level flight. Its less twitchy front to back then the short nosed boards. When you get some time on the water and learn to control height the shorter boards feel freer. The longer Dialer glides in lite wind and will get you up quicker than a short wide board that pushes water. Nothing drastic that a few hard pumps will over come. Its really just a choice both will get you hooked on foiling. 2020 Exocet has a new freeride foil board that is 135 liters, wide and stable, that one of the big guys here just got. Its around 1200 bucks. At your weight make sure you get a surf or freeride foil big enough to get you flying in lite winds. SS infinity 84 works great for the big guys here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: