myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Diabetes and Sugar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Generally speaking, Type 2 Diabetes is caused by the body's inability to properly process insulin. As opposed to type 1 where the body cannot produce insulin, type 2 is caused primarily by genetics, and lifestyle. A sedentary lifestyle, with unhealthy eating habits--processed foods, red meats, and things that have an adverse impact on your body's digestive system and metabolism all help to contribute to the problem.

Type 2 is not usually caused by genetics, it's mostly what you said above but self inflicted, not passed down..Just like lung cancer from smoking, self inflicted..

Correct, but a specific disposition, caused by genetics could make someone more susceptible to the things that cause the disease. If you have heart disease in your family, I think you will be more susceptible to type 2..
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Generally speaking, Type 2 Diabetes is caused by the body's inability to properly process insulin. As opposed to type 1 where the body cannot produce insulin, type 2 is caused primarily by genetics, and lifestyle. A sedentary lifestyle, with unhealthy eating habits--processed foods, red meats, and things that have an adverse impact on your body's digestive system and metabolism all help to contribute to the problem.

Type 2 is not usually caused by genetics, it's mostly what you said above but self inflicted, not passed down..Just like lung cancer from smoking, self inflicted..

Correct, but a specific disposition, caused by genetics could make someone more susceptible to the things that cause the disease. If you have heart disease in your family, I think you will be more susceptible to type 2..

True. And they no longer call it Adult Onset because they are seeing type 2 in younger folks now...But I personal believe it's because kids are consuming Massive amounts of sugars at an earlier age...Have you ever seen the sugar content on some of these drinks like Monster, even Gatorade, not to mention every thing is super sized now....crazy.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not one of the >10,000 pages on nutrition I've studied suggest that meat is inherently a significant factor in T2DM. EVERY such source addressing T2DM cites ENDLESS peer-reviewed research blaming it squarely on the high glycemic index crap uninformed or undisciplined Americans consume by the ton. Meat has no measurable effect on our serum glucose; its GI is so low that it isn't even listed on the GI foods chart.

Meat scares are based on everything from PETA to Ancel Keyes' saturated fat total bullshit to the fact that cooking meat at high temperatures (think grilling, charring, well-done, etc.) generates chemicals that may behave very differently from meat cooked normally. The villain seems to be those man-induced chemicals, not meat itself. Even the link between processed meats and cancer is really weak.

Regular soda pop is obviously a huge factor in Americans' world class obesity and T2DM. Sugar-free soda pop is even a bigger health threat when one examines the impacts beyond obesity/diabetes*. And, as we all know, visceral (internal belly) fat is carcinogenic. I've been more than willing to give up sugar now that its contribution to decades-premature terminal illnesses is so well-documented. Hell, yes, I miss pizza, desserts, potatoes, pasta, grains (enriched and whole), most fruit, fruit JUICE for God's sake, etc. But being able to eat so many other foods instead of the garbage our idiot lobbying-gobbling, Keyes-buffaloed government pushes on us has more than made up for their loss. Besides, I occasionally cheat on those at TG and Christmas.

* Artificial sweeteners wreak havoc on our microbiomes and the hormones they control, and hormones play a far bigger role in obesity than calories consumption. For just one example, in the Fall when hormones dictate weight gain, lab squirrels fed absolute starvation diets put on every bit as much body fat as squirrels on open feeding. How? By digesting their organs. This is obviously fatal.

When I quit eating sugar, my blood glucose dropped from a prediabetic 115 (and its very high rate of progression to full-blown self-induced T2DB) to a fantastic 85, my good cholesterols (e.g., HDL, LDL A) increased by hundreds of percent, my deadly triglycerides dropped by 80%, and much more ... far more than drugs can achieve. My wife's high blood pressure normalized very quickly and her astounded doctor immediately took her off the several onerous drugs she'd been on for years. That that's just the tip of the transformations people see when they abandon sugar.

Don't even get me started on intermittent fasting. Not only do its adherents not notice it, but its benefits, including curing many people of T2DM, are off the charts.

Ya want sources? Start studying the topic rather than Googling the freaking internet for media garbage that supports your preconceptions.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Isobars,

If I ate a jp freestyle wave 85 and chopped up a 5.2 sailworks and put it in my salad, would I have any cholesterol issues or am I cool?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
Hey Isobars,

If I ate a jp freestyle wave 85 and chopped up a 5.2 sailworks and put it in my salad, would I have any cholesterol issues or am I cool?

No...that would make you an idiot
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:
Hey Isobars,

No...that would make you an idiot

Too late... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
Hey Isobars,

The books I read on that topic advised taking a LOT of metamucil and cod liver oil with that meal.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Type 2 is not usually caused by genetics, it's mostly what you said above but self inflicted, not passed down..Just like lung cancer from smoking, self inflicted.."

mat-ty, I think that you're wrong in ignoring the importance of genetics in the risks of Type 2 diabetes, especially since heart disease often factors into the picture too. Now, I don't disagree with you about the critical role that sugar plays in the development of Type 2 diabetes, but it is important to note that some folks are genetically more prone to suffer from the intake of sugar in their diet.

A lot of this is rooted in the available food and eating habits of certain societies. One only needs to look at the American Indians of both North and South America to get a better idea of this issue. It must be remembered that American Indians as a people are not that far removed from the Stone Age given their historical eating habits and the basic foods that they consumed. As a people, they didn't have the opportunity to become genetically more tolerant of the complex foods and diets common to folks of European or Asian descent. The same can be said for Africans and Pacific Islanders.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
"Type 2 is not usually caused by genetics, it's mostly what you said above but self inflicted, not passed down..Just like lung cancer from smoking, self inflicted.."

mat-ty, I think that you're wrong in ignoring the importance of genetics in the risks of Type 2 diabetes, especially since heart disease often factors into the picture too. Now, I don't disagree with you about the role that sugar plays in the development of Type 2 diabetes, but it is important to note that some folks are genetically more prone to suffer from the intake of sugar in their diet.

A lot of this is rooted in the available food and eating habits of certain societies. One only needs to look at the American Indians of both North and South America to get a better idea of this issue. It must be remembered that American Indians as a people are not that far removed from the Stone Age given their historical eating habits and the basic foods that they consumed. As a people, they didn't have the opportunity to become genetically more tolerant of the complex foods and diets common to folks of European or Asian descent. The same can be said for Africans and Pacific Islanders.

Agree....it's complicated. The American diet is awful, and I believe we have by far the most cases per capita..
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing Trump abandoned the school nutritional guideline program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: