myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lots of neoprene for sale at Sept 28 swap meet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Lots of neoprene for sale at Sept 28 swap meet Reply with quote

Unless it's too rainy (or snowy, at this rate), I'll have a dozen men's "wetsuits" for sale at the Sept 28 CGW2 swap meet. They range from medium large to XL, from neoprene shorts to neoprene or Goretex dry suits, and from literally new (some still tagged) to used but very well maintained. Many brands and styles included. All are clean and fresh, because I wash them thoroughly in neoprene shampoo after every use (doesn't everyone?).

Why am I selling so much? Too many suits, not enough time, and some fitment issues (e.g., my O'Neill Psycho Freak 4/3 Technobutter 3 is too long for me.) I suggest wearing clean and discreet underwear (or a changing towel/toga/poncho/6XL Tall tank top), 'cause I'll have no changing booth and most size charts besides Promotion's and Kokatats' are a joke.

I also expect to have some excellent, clean, lightly worn, 2 to 3 mm, size 12 to 13 booties in several brands and styles. I just don't wear them much anymore.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone is coming to this swap meet primarily for the O'Neill Psycho Freak 4/3 Technobutter 3 suit, it won't be there. I discovered a problem with it, and O'Neill is examining it to consider fixing or replacing it under warranty.
philodog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it because the rubber seam sealer is cracking? I had that happen on a brand new Psycho, they replaced it no problem.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philodog wrote:
Is it because the rubber seam sealer is cracking? I had that happen on a brand new Psycho, they replaced it no problem.

Yes. Mine's past its 1-year warranty, so I'm at their mercy. However, it has been worn maybe 6 times (I have many other full suits among which to share the wear and tear.) I just returned it today to their warranty center as per the dealer who called them, and will be satisfied with just about any action ... repair (but not confident in that), replacement, refund.

The biggest problem may be that they're out of them in any size near mine. I bought a 2XL, and suggested that a 3X may fit me better at a whopping 5'8" and 170#.
PeterRhonda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same suit and I wear a XLT at 6'4" and 240lbs (okay, there's a little stretch around the gut). Great suit but I had issues with the original seams and sent it to O'Neil for repairs and when those failed as well got a new suit from them. It's been perfect for 3 years.

2XL at 170# doesn't make any sense at all.
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how you like it.
4 months ago, at 5'10" and 172, a LS for great.
Now; at 153, that same LS fits good for the 60 degree water we have.
I wore a 2mm springsuit for most of the past 2 months.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterRhonda wrote:
2XL at 170# doesn't make any sense at all.

I totally agree. So why is the 2XL nevertheless the second most difficult suit I've ever owned or tested (well over 100) to get on and off? I tried on two 2XLs and they felt the same ... way too tight, especially in the chest and shoulders (I wear a 44 Regular sports coat). A bud about 5'6" loves his 2XL.
jmcilhiney

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 6'4" 230 lbs. and wear a 2xl 5/4 oneil mutant. I had difficulties getting the suit off at first,I would have to get someone to help get my shoulder and elbow out. Later figured out you have to stretch the lower part of the suit down before trying to get left shoulder and elbow out, I am right handed.Eventually the suit started to rip from stretching to to get in and out. 2xl tall with a back zip would be great.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any chance that folks who prefer or even like these body condoms just haven't experienced the joys of suits that actually FIT ... i.e., are easy to get on and off yet still keep the wearer warm and, if so designed, dry? Smile

Those criteria are not mutually exclusive. A suit that -- even with modifications to ease the process -- takes 20 exhausting minutes to get on and is not removable without assistance does not fit, IMO. Maybe that's why one major O'Neill dealer tells customers to ignore the size chart and BUY BIG.
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys with barrel chests should look to Aleeda and Body Glove and avoid Oneill and RIP Curl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: