myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306 ... 339, 340, 341  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlaronde wrote:
The most obvious point I repeatedly try to make is the fraud which is the RT-PCR test, which has for 5 months been admitted by the CDC. and guess what, this "test", which created the pandemic in the first place is going to be discontinued in 3 days!

It's day 4. I'm waiting????

Coachg
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT,
It would be easy to say the problem is the conservatives have moved too far to the right or the liberals too far to the left, but that would be far from the full story. It really didn’t happen suddenly, but over time in a large part through gerrymandering. The grotesque districts that have been drawn up over time ensure that almost 90% of the congressional districts have a predetermined party winner. Over time we have fewer & fewer politicians crossing political lines to get things done to the point that both parties will cut off their nose to spite their face.
As for your question regarding the solid base of Republicans disappearing, I can only answer what has happened here in CA. In CA many of us who used to be Republicans have switched to independent which is why the independents now outnumber Republicans in CA.

Coachg
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all. I must be suffering the fate of all who get old; wondering where the old certainties have gone? (Can't, and don't really want to keep up.)

A lot of useful Corona virus information on this long thread, but I see that the anti-vax nobody who thinks he can educate the world has sprung back up like a bad penny, attempting to undo all the good.

I'll bow out and concentrate on the two remaining constants - the sea and the high moors. (Choices, choices, windsurf or mountain bike, always so beguiling.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlaronde, I made an attempt to answer your question 3, but you seem to have missed it. Then again, maybe you're just too afraid and don't have the courage to acknowledge it.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covid loves the unvaccinated.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, Eldridge Gerry (gerrymandering), was vehemently opposed to political parties.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
It is perplexing that your country used to have a solid base of decent Republicans, so why has that changed so relatively quickly?

GT, You are making a mistake if you believe that the opinions of the majority of posters here are representative of mainstream US. They are not even close. The US remains a center/ conservative country by a large majority. The gulf between the parties has indeed increased, due primarily to a sharp move to the left by the Democrat party, which now routinely supports social programs and norms that would have shocked their heroes like Kennedy and Clinton. A comparison of Biden's positions today, with those he held for the first 30 or 40 years of his never-ending political career is just one illustration of that shift. The silent majority appears to be waking up to this shift..........and they don't like it.

Mr. Gybe...like usual , you are wrong. How one can say the US "remains a center/conservative country by a large majority" is a joke. Only one time in 32 years has a republican won the popular vote, and democrats have received more nationwide votes in the last 6 elections. The only thing that has kept it balanced is redistricting. The large gulf between the parties has been caused by the lunatics within the "freedom caucus" , which have pushed old school Republicans out. Take Liz Cheney for example. Foreign policy hawk, conservative ....OUT!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Irrelevant.. Covid, came along, now they're dead. Of it, or with it does not matter.

Another brilliant analysis which will really help decision makers determine whether schools should be closed again.

CB wrote:
Shouldn't, instead, we be considering the very real possibility that the Omicron is a game changer for our kids and we should be concerned instead of spending the energy spinning for the right?

Once again, CB tries to characterize vaccine hesitancy as a right vs left issue. It is not.

If you think school administrators can determine a good Omicron policy , you're crazy---I'm living through it right now. I've seen the right , and the anti-vax crowd try to parse out the difference of being sick "with" Covid, and being sick "from" covid, and it's a joke, for the most part. Doctor Joe Rogan can explain it to you if you're confused.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr. Gybe...like usual , you are wrong. How one can say the US "remains a center/conservative country by a large majority" is a joke.

Boggsy, I've translated your comment into English..........here is my response.

"Americans' overall ideological views were about the same in 2020 as in 2019, with 36%, on average, identifying as conservative, 35% as moderate and 25% as liberal."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/328367/americans-political-ideology-held-steady-2020.aspx

"Like usual" you should consider, but will duck, an apology.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Gybe, you can view a poll as your data source, I will use the hard data from elections. ONE time since 1990 have more Americans voted for a Republican than a Democrat, ONE time. Yet we are a center / right by a large margin country. ok, got it.
CORRECTION, 1988.
And your poll has over 50% as moderate/liberal. Go ahead and retract your misleading commentary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
Page 305 of 341

Jump to: