myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Covid19 Closures to Date for The Gorge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you Are saying that you may travel as much as you want, so long as it’s for, food, medical, work, that is all deemed essential.
You are saying that minimalist travel ( not the above) is permitted , under the order, that stipulates the no large groups, 6 foot social distance, and other things like where you go you must adhere to posted sign, ( probably not appeared as yet , new guide today from Kate.

Key word here is minimalist. You can go for a run, walk the dog, bicycle, nothing else is addressed, except the 6 foot rule must be adhered to.

The order states stay at home.
You are missing the reason for any action, it’s to prevent further infection.
The guy in Washington pumps his gas, gas handle pump, hands , keypad, travels to Hood River, while driving he scratches his nose, then visits the port a let, touching handles, does his sailing, goes home, wife who works in a essential profession, say food store, becomes a unwilling unknown transmitter, to, others , workers and customers.
The order says stay at home.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Bond1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:
you Are saying that you may travel as much as you want, so long as it’s for, food, medical, work, that is all deemed essential.
You are saying that minimalist travel ( not the above) is permitted , under the order, that stipulates the no large groups, 6 foot social distance, and other things like where you go you must adhere to posted sign, ( probably not appeared as yet , new guide today from Kate.

Key word here is minimalist. You can go for a run, walk the dog, bicycle, nothing else is addressed, except the 6 foot rule must be adhered to.

The guy in Washington pumps his gas, gas handle pump, hands , keypad, travels to Hood River, while driving he scratches his nose, then visits the port a let, touching handles, does his sailing, goes home, wife who works in a essential profession, say food store, becomes a unwilling unknown transmitter, to, others , workers and customers.

I assume you're talking to someone else, because if you're talking to me you have no idea what you're talking about.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bond1 wrote:
U2U2U2 wrote:

I assume you're talking to someone else, because if you're talking to me you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes it was you. Too bad as you have real potential, to understand .

Bond1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:
Bond1 wrote:
U2U2U2 wrote:

U2U2U2 wrote:
Bond1 wrote:
U2U2U2 wrote:

The problem is you're making assumptions that aren't true. You have no idea what I know about the potential exponential growth of this virus. You have no idea what I'm giving up to make sure that I don't get or give the virus to someone. Both my wife and I are over 60. My wife is nearing 70. Do you think I want to bring it home to her?. You have no idea that I know every risk I take is a risk not taken for only me, but for everyone. You have no idea that I typically drive almost every day for work and recreation, but I've driven only twice in 3 weeks, for a total of less than 5 miles, and both trips were essential. I can't afford not to work but I have jobs sitting because I understand the risk, but you don't know that. You don't know that I know every time I drive my car it brings me that much closer to a service station attendant or a gas pump. Talk about perfect vectors. This is s fricking global pandemic. That fact is not lost on me. I'm something like 8 degrees away from infecting 20,000 people. I don't take that lightly.

Prior to this last paragraph I have been talking about the meaning of a document. I've read both Governor Jay Enslee's document as well as Governor Kate Brown's document cover to cover more than once. I've also read Governor Jay Enslee's followup memo that caused me to set two jobs aside.

These are two different issues. One is the interpretation of the document. The other is my moral obligation to mankind. You can interpret the document any way you like, but you don't get to tell me what I get or don't get. I get this.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bond this is for you.

I’m making no assumptions. I can voice an opinion on what you get or don’t get.You May respond in accordance within the forum guidelines , or not.

What I do know:
You have a different opinion/ interpretation to the order from The Oregon Governor than I do. The other people you quote , Governor of Washington , California ? Who’s orders I haven’t read, as they don’t concern Hood River.

I interpret stay at home as the primary directive.
Conditions to allow dedicated travel are spelled out as essential are written. Pretty self explanatory.

This is you on minimalist

I'm not advocating leaving the Hook open.

“Individuals are directed to minimize travel....." She used the word minimize. Travel isn't banned, it's to be minimized. Many believe this means to stay home or stay near home. I've been staying home, with the exception of going to the grocery store. I have work that I can't do. I'd prefer other's to stay home too, but if someone lives in Hood River and they drive to the Hook and that's the extent of their non essential travel, it seems it might meet the criteria for minimizing travel.
This is confusing as you stay home, but it’s ok for others to minimize travel for non essential travel, go windsurfing.

I feel badly your lifestyle from isolation and preventative measures , is altered.
No I have no idea of The extent you have taken to prevent passing along the virus.
Sorry you can’t work.

Some of that you missed somewhere, my hospital visit with a 102 F temperature, cough, unable to retain food or water, nor pills to feel any better. 3 days In the Hospital. Symptoms consistent with covid19, given the test, negative. Doc fairly certain that I have it inconsistent blood and liver test results , test administered again, again negative. Thought first test was administered incorrectly. Test is painful , long swab down both nostrils, to near the brain, swirled around .
Particular care to my illness was taken as presented , as I have an underlying medical condition, that weakens my immunity . Illness diagnosed as a reaction to a new series of cancer drugs, after most other things eliminated , pancreatic, infection long list.

Cancer, metastatic melanoma, Stage 4, lung, brain, liver, spine, is the condition, immunotherapy for 1 year was unsuccessful. So, we are trying a study
a Clinical trial I’m under, is a high dose for targeted treatment, the study involves , 100, patients in the US
Of which 10 receive
higher dose,, of BRAF drugs, which is me, BRAF is a mutation of melanoma, not rare.
Hopefully this study will benefit others with similar cancer, by development of a combo of drugs and quantity.My age is 73yo.My oncologist is at the University of Colorado in Denver. while this is FDA approved the amount is new grounds as is the combination of drugs. After being off for a week I have resumed .

In part we seem to have the same goal, you think travel is allowed , but don’t travel.
I think any non essential travel is wrong.

Why you have to quote so many posts is irksome..

Last edited by U2U2U2 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t need my immunity compromised , or the potential of it.
Especially by someone who is conducting a non essential activity.
Those people are selfish and irresponsible reckless to others and themselves.

isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is booze essential? If so, that's sad.

Is WSing essential? It improves my mental and physical health more that it threatens it.

Are my 3-6 doctor appts every week essential? I decide on them case by case, based in part on the expected consequences of postponing them for a few months. Having four strikes against us makes us walk a tightrope, but U2's tightrope is much farther off the ground than mine since he encountered frightening symptoms.
rigatoni

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting close to 20,000 times on Iwindsurf. Definitely non-essential. Very Happy
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigatoni wrote:
Posting close to 20,000 times on Iwindsurf. Definitely non-essential. Very Happy

win.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.16 KB
 Viewed:  12671 Time(s)

win.jpg

jse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Is booze essential? If so, that's sad.

Is WSing essential? It improves my mental and physical health more that it threatens it.

Are my 3-6 doctor appts every week essential? I decide on them case by case, based in part on the expected consequences of postponing them for a few months. Having four strikes against us makes us walk a tightrope, but U2's tightrope is much farther off the ground than mine since he encountered frightening symptoms.

Booze is essential, as addicts who are deprived can end up in the ER taking up valuable bed space and resources.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: