myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Covid19 Closures to Date for The Gorge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/default/files/proclamations/20-25%20Coronovirus%20Stay%20Safe-Stay%20Healthy%20%28tmp%29%20%28002%29.pdf

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/default/files/proclamations/20-25%20Coronovirus%20Stay%20Safe-Stay%20Healthy%20%28tmp%29%20%28002%29.pdf

Issued 7 days ago.

isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, U2, for pointing that out to me. I wasn't aware the governor had declared a state of emergency (it has not been publicized in our local news media). This does add some legal recourse to back up his initial detailed but unenforceable announcement discussed here last week. However, since it's still not being enforced, it weakens even further both his personal credibility and the public's respect for the law in general.

OTOH, even this latest proclamation expressly allows outdoor recreation as long as it doesn't inherently involve "gatherings". So far, this stay-at-home guideline/suggestion/plea has not impacted me directly, as all the stores I normally use are still open, I can and often do get full workouts at home anyway, most of our favorite restaurants are still pumping out food for carry-out or free home delivery, very few movies lately are worth seeing, and we eat out only one meal per week year-around. Local traffic has diminished, but that's a good thing ... nothing even slightly resembling what we see on the boob toob in NY, LA, etc. My point is that we are still allowed, in most places, to use our heads

The Surgeon General, the NIH, the CDC, and the top doctor of NYC's top hospital just said it again this week: masks don't help people constantly exposed to CV in hospitals, nursing homes, etc. avoid the disease, and even then masks are for those with CV, not those without it. Requiring them for the general public just cuts into the supply where they're truly needed.

"The Gorge" in general -- the windy stretch of the Columbia River -- has something close to a thousand miles of shoreline ... loooooots of room to spread out. Beyond prolonged exposure to crowded and poorly ventilated rooms, our primary threat, according to the "experts" from the CDC to NYC hospitals, remains public doorknobs, countertops, parking meters (we have none of the latter anyway), shopping carts, etc. followed by touching our faces.
westender

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be at higher risk at the market getting supplies than grabbing some rides on the river. Been isolating for 3 weeks now without being told.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westender wrote:
I would be at higher risk at the market getting supplies than grabbing some rides on the river.

You and the public both.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today , 1 Apr 2020 2:09PM Send email to member
Thumbs Up Report
Maybe, but I don't think its "police interpretation" but more peoples interpretation to bend it to suit themselves .
I think the nsw health minister summed it up the best, you could see the frustration in his face lol
He said today,
" Guys, We are in lock down, STAY HOME, don't go out unless you ABSOLUTLY need to, I cant make it any simpler for you than that"

From Australia.

schweitzer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: meanwhile at Roosevelt Reply with quote

I made phone contact with The Riverview Country Market,
AKA The Roosevelt Store

Seems that They are open for grocery's only.
No Prepared food.

Seems that the Park is Closed (Barricaded?)
Perhaps you could get to the boat ramp =?

Figures that that would be the Core's MO
Whatever is Cheep and easy (For Them)!
"Someone" should be on their case for this. (ISO) sic

I believe that the original design for the facilities there
was to also provide an emergency medical facility there.
the tiles are Washdown! suitable for a 1960 style operating room.

Think post Nuke here. but what happened to their planning for an emergency.
The water treatment is on sight and can be powered remotely if necessary.
It is an isolated location. perfect for THIS Emergency.

Looks like No cases are there yet. be vigilant.

I am an EMT. I cannot get a mask unless I go out!

Also: way to go, Bruce Pederson. Good Job!
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: meanwhile at Roosevelt Reply with quote

schweitzer wrote:

1.Perhaps you could get to the boat ramp =?

2. Figures that that would be the Core's MO
Whatever is Cheep and easy (For Them)!
"Someone" should be on their case for this. (ISO)

1. Bill, some things (e.g., launch sites, camp sites) are best kept quiet if we want to maintain social distance. The governor is just THIS close to broadening and enforcing stay-at-home orders. He's already banned fishing due to boat ramp crowding.

2. I've had good success with the regional Corps commander on some issues, but on an issue this hot they'd be a mighty big and immovable windmill to joust with.
westender

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatchery is closed according to the grape vine.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No grapevine needed. I just found this:

From the Corps's Portland District website:
"Portland, Ore. --
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Portland District (Corps) is closing all recreation sites, which includes campsites, day-use facilities and boat ramps to prevent the spread of COVID-19, effective March 30.
“The health and safety of all visitors, partners, employees and their families is our top priority. These temporary closures align with current health authority guidance and are necessary to help control this disease,” said Melissa Rinehart, Portland District chief of natural resource management.

“We recognize the challenges this may cause our recreation users and local communities, and thank everyone for doing their part to help prevent the spread of the disease so we can return to normal operations as soon as possible.”

These closures support the State of Oregon and State of Washington executive orders to avoid unnecessary travel and practice social distancing, and also help to reduce pressure on local emergency services at a time when their capacity is lower and their focus is COVID-19.

The Corps is implementing closures by posting signs and closing gates at Portland District recreation areas located in Oregon and Washington. These closures will remain in effect until further notice"

Classic case of knee-jerking. How does driving even hundreds of miles in a closed vehicle -- as I did yesterday -- or sailing alone spread COVID 19? BTW -- traffic looked quite normal to me, I didn't get within 6 feet of anyone, I STILL sanitized my hands, and the last time I needed emergency services was in 1995, in my own damned kitchen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: