myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anti-pose ordinance for watersports access & parking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westender

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more than about 12 cars shuts down the places I know of so if you have plans of coming to get some keep that in mind. FYI U2 I've had to deal with more than my share of bodies.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

westender wrote:
Any more than about 12 cars shuts down the places I know of bodies.

That implies they're using some common sense rather than just shutting down recreation, sites, or WSing just for the halibut, crowds or no crowds. I consider that reasonable.

The govenor of Michigan has gone insane, however. And when the govenor of NJ was asked 5 times in an interview whether he even considered the constitution when issuing edicts there, he refused to answer the question. On the 6th try he finally said, "No".

They can't do that.
a123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Release of non-violent offenders Reply with quote

"Never heard of any city (?) or state suggesting to free violent criminals. Please quote your reference"

As far as non-violent offenders being released there is a direct correlation with non-violent crime. I work for a large builder (5th largest in the US) and most of our sites that have had very little problems in the past have been getting robbed with finished houses getting entire appliance packages stolen. Cabinet packages stolen, A/C units stolen. I don't think these criminals decided to all of the sudden stay home and stay away from crime.

More inmates released=more crime.
If inmates are in prison they probably can't spread covid outside the walls.
Just sayin
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, did you fat finger something , cause this on here makes zero sense?
Course maybe I missed something.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
a123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interpretation of the post was that non-violent offenders were better off released than violent offenders being released. I am arguing that neither should be released right now. If I am wrong about my interpretation than I do apologize.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a123 wrote:
My interpretation of the post was that non-violent offenders were better off released than violent offenders being released. I am arguing that neither should be released right now. If I am wrong about my interpretation than I do apologize.

Ahh, you are referring to the 3rd post in this train wreck, it’s from April 11. Do you see the quote feature on the individual posts. It helps old men like me to stay in tune, so we don’t write WTF so often.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject: Rock Creek, locals (97040) only! Reply with quote

Rock Creek/Mosier is for locals only (those living in the 97040 area code) now, by decree of the City of Mosier.

This is due to being overrun recently (today 4/21; Westender predicted this; there were about 15 vehicles parked outside the gate today.), no masks (except for me), and no 6' spacing (obviously; check the "selfie" photo).

This locals only decree is a good thing; it's a very small beach, with bottlenecks, and nonresident aliens obviously do not care enough to modify behavior via masks and spacing. And there are old people and others who are at high risk for infection who live in Mosier. Respect the residents of Mosier! Would you want this to happen in YOUR town?

The governor of Michigan and the mayor of Detroit are examples of good strong leaders (as opposed to demagogues, which are poor and ultimately weak). They are fine examples of good leadership during these times. So is Kate Brown. By the current tallies of injury and death, we are doing relatively well in Oregon, and we should continue to do well with patience and fortitude.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Rock Creek, locals (97040) only! Reply with quote

biffmalibu wrote:
The governor of Michigan and the mayor of Detroit are examples of good strong leaders (as opposed to demagogues, which are poor and ultimately weak). They are fine examples of good leadership during these times..

Just like last time, you brought it up, so it's fair game:
Governor Whitmer is insane and in violation of the U.S. Constitution. It's OK to go boating, but absolutely forbidden if you have a fishing rod in your hand? Thousands of very rational people are protesting, many including demands for her recall, based on that and many equally outrageous and unconstitutional edicts such as her April 9 order banning large stores from selling carpeting, flooring, furniture, gardening and paint. In effect, she's trying to mandate what people can and cannot do while on lockdown in their own GD homes. State residents can't travel to their second Michigan homes, but CAN drive to the pot stores and to buy lottery tickets (tax revenues apparently trump saving lives). Meanwhile buying a can of paint or a bag of seeds at Home Depot is off limits.

Bottom line: You don't get a free pass to hide your political screed under a fake topic. It belongs in the political forums.
isobans

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Rock Creek, locals (97040) only! Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
biffmalibu wrote:
The governor of Michigan and the mayor of Detroit are examples of good strong leaders (as opposed to demagogues, which are poor and ultimately weak). They are fine examples of good leadership during these times..

Just like last time, you brought it up, so it's fair game:
Governor Whitmer is insane and in violation of the U.S. Constitution. It's OK to go boating, but absolutely forbidden if you have a fishing rod in your hand? Thousands of very rational people are protesting, many including demands for her recall, based on that and many equally outrageous and unconstitutional edicts such as her April 9 order banning large stores from selling carpeting, flooring, furniture, gardening and paint. In effect, she's trying to mandate what people can and cannot do while on lockdown in their own GD homes. State residents can't travel to their second Michigan homes, but CAN drive to the pot stores and to buy lottery tickets (tax revenues apparently trump saving lives). Meanwhile buying a can of paint or a bag of seeds at Home Depot is off limits.

Bottom line: You don't get a free pass to hide your political screed under a fake topic. It belongs in the political forums.

aggrandizing boasting about you and your administration's achievements ... yada yada yada?" The F-ing idiot doesn't even comprehend the following:
1. It's called transparency, you stupid fool.

2. One of any president's prime responsibilities is encouraging the public in hard times. FDR's Fireside Chats were a widely acclaimed "source of hope and security for all Americans".

3. What other POTUS in our history answered questions directly and spontaneously, often until the press runs out of them? Trump has even repeatedly asked the CV presser reporters whether they want to continue or adjourn.

4. What part of Trump's recognition and praise of the government and civilian agencies cooperating with each other and with the White House is egregious? On the contrary, showing explicit, specific, public appreciation is intended to be encouraging.

5. That reporter very obviously doesn't understand how much effort Trump OBVIOUSLY puts into telling reporters when their questions become little more than negative personal attacks or outright lies; suggesting ways they can ask their questions without throwing in ad hominem, HOSTILE, accusatory BS; then lavishly praises the ones who learn from that teaching process. It's been impressive how many of those reporters have learned the lesson intended, but not surprising that others simply refuse to learn anything.

6. Many of the reporters, the Hate News they work for, and the gullible people who blindly accept ANY reporters' "news" as gospel don't even comprehend the differences between facts, expectations, and hopes. For example, "Wouldn't it be great to open up business by Easter?" is a hope, expecting a zillion masks by some future date is an ... guess what ... expectation, and "Democrats raised holy hell when I banned flights from China in January, before our first Covid 19 death, saying it was not only unjustified but racist" is a fact. How is a hope or expectation a "lie"?

Yeah, yeah ... we all know that BACK WHEN IT WAS THE EXPERTS' CONSENSUS, many of us equated CV to influenza. Funny thing about that is the recent data which are beginning to equate them once again, as the denominator -- the number of the general population with Covid 19 -- is very likely ten to a hundred times what was presumed a month ago. For the math-impaired here, that cuts CV's death rate from 3% to 0.3%, or maybe even .03%. Sources include some of the world's leading MDs specializing in statistical epidemiology.

And, of course, we all know that all conservatives are gay, homophobic, gun-totin', biblethumping, stupid, ignorant, racist, misogynistic, toothless, inbred morons. If that's your only response, as it usually was and probably still is, save the wear and tear on your fingertips and raise the bar.

-isobars2020 #mesohorny
mac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not sure if it is funny or sad that Mike Fick has hijacked yet another thread, and brags about “kill filing“—that is, not reading—another group of commentators. There is still much we don’t know about this virus and how it plays out, but Mike won’t figure it out with the sites he frequents and the sources he censors.

Some models indicate that if we had moved to social distancing 2 weeks earlier we might have saved 90% of the lives that have been lost. One week, we might have saved 60% of the lives that have been lost. This is the biggest event in our history since World War II—it has already killed more people than the Vietnam War. We are getting just the tiniest taste of what war in your country is like.

Now to launch sites. I have spent about 30 years protecting and improving access in the Bay Area. I sailed today, and have more days this year than last year at this time. But I also understand that all bets are off in an emergency. Any governmental agency can decide to protect their workers, or that they can’t enforce social distancing and don’t want to be liable for someone that sues them because they think they contracted the virus at a park. Or merely that they can’t clean the bathrooms or collect entrance fees. Mike is dead wrong about his claims—the powers of government in an emergency are vast, and these restrictions do not violate anyone’s rights. At 50,000 deaths and rising there is no doubt that this is an emergency—notwithstanding iso’s dismissals of it as no worse than the flu.

Many of the Bay area sites are closed, despite the Constitutional provisions that guarantee access to the water. Working with parks departments, and ensuring social distancing through peer pressure is our best bet to minimize the damage. Unfortunately, Mike’s been yelling at everyone he sees for decades. It doesn’t help.

Be well. Get exercise where you can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: