myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Crissy sailing restrictions / resolution
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Thanks ... I have friends who have been sailing. But, I have not--and I know its been a good week of wind.

A lot of wind, yea for sure.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
kcorr1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crissy 4/28 6pm onward sucked but not because of cops. The wind just cratered. bring bail money if you come without das paperwerk.
Riptide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message from National park service community liaison. "I have checked in with everyone and we understand there may continue to be confusion out there about all the jurisdictions and overlapping SIP guidance.

We trust that everyone (visitors and USPP officers alike) all have the same goals in mind: doing our best to flatten the curve. We appreciate that in practice we all need to know what the rules are so we can be on the same page.

Your summary of what happened below is not how I, nor the folks I consulted, understand it. Specifically, “unless they walk or bike in from living nearby” is not a consideration that we have heard so far with regards to San Francisco.

All USPP officers and NPS rangers would be writing violations surrounding closures (links to lists of areas below.) Currently there is not any enforcement mechanism with regards to only folks living near-by entering the parks.

The National Park Service guidance for Golden Gate National Recreation Area remains the same: park areas are mostly open, with parking lots and some roads closed. Specific guidance for areas can be found here:

https://www.nps.gov/goga/planyourvisit/temporary-facilities-closure-advisory.htm

Our neighbor, the Presidio Trust, has their own list of closures, found here:

https://www.presidio.gov/coronavirus

San Francisco shelter in place orders can be found here:

https://sf.gov/stay-home-except-essential-needs

Please continue to monitor these websites into the next week as things may change with new Shelter in Place orders expected to follow after these expire (around 5/4/20.) Both park management agencies will be reviewing and making the best decisions for each of their management areas in consultation with surrounding jurisdictions."

This response above was from SFBA inquiry about last Monday.
See here: While parked at the palace of fine arts, a park police officer told them through a loudspeaker that they cannot go to crissy to recreate unless they walk or bike in from living nearby, and that starting tomorrow park police officers will be issuing warnings, and that after that they will be issuing $1,000 tickets that require a court appearance to get resolved.

One officer did also come over and speak personally with a few people, and she said that NPS will be enforcing the mandate of the City.

Everyone we know wants to be in compliance with the SIP and most are taking great care to maintain social distancing when they come to Crissy. People were definitely confused and upset by what occurred today.

As far as everyone knows as of today, SF did not write it into the health orders that people are prohibited from driving to a different neighborhood to exercise (as compared to San Mateo). SF has an FAQ that was updated on April 24. It says people can go to parks or open spaces that have not otherwise been shut down, so long as they abide by social distancing.

Are you able to find out what is happening with NPS threats of enforcement - and what exactly are they enforcing - or let me know if I should reach out to anyone else?
SPQR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Health Commissioner of San Mateo County issued revised SIP regulations today as well. Residents are now allowed to recreate 10 miles from their place of residence (up from 5 miles previously). However, one caveat is that non county residents who travel more than 10 miles to get into San Mateo County are not prohibited from entering the county for essential services, but they are prohibited from recreation activities in San Mateo County. Not sure how this gets enforced, unless like Pacifica or Santa Cruz where the police run license plates and issue citations. But this does have implications for 3rd Ave or near old ASD site by Coyote Pt. The Bay Trail in Coyote is now open but the rest of the park is closed until further notice. Yesterday the wind at 3rd was stellar, but the tide not so much. Folks are in the water now, but winds shifty, gusty etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: