myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
That's right, iW ... just sweep it under the rug
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peeking? No. Allowing your crap onto my screen specifically because the topic and the subforum I posted it in justified opening the discussion to all responders? Yes. Now that the moderator relocated it into the toilet bowl where facts are very clearly and totally irrelevant, we're done. *I*, not some biased moderator, choose which toilets I drink from.
mac

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Peeking? No. Allowing your crap onto my screen specifically because the topic and the subforum I posted it in justified opening the discussion to all responders? Yes. Now that the moderator relocated it into the toilet bowl where facts are very clearly and totally irrelevant, we're done. *I*, not some biased moderator, choose which toilets I drink from.

You certainly do. Drink from the state-media toilet.
coachg

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
They once suggested that I join their moderator crew

LMAO. That would be like giving Iran nuclear weapons with stealth delivery systems. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen in this universe.

Coachg
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars, actually I did read your whole post. Unfortunately for you, you picked the wrong place to rant in. You should know better.

Speaking for myself, I think that it's important to keep the windsurfing side of the forum free from the raging and name calling that is rather commonplace in the Off-Topic and Political side of the forum.

Look at it this way, iWindsurf has provided a place for that kind of stuff, so you do have an viable outlet. You should be thankful for that.
isobans

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I and others do every once in a while here or directly to iW AS PER THEIR REQUEST IN THEIR OWN POSTING RULES, I opened a thread in an attempt to make a dent in the worst problem this entire forum faces: false personal attacks. As iW has so clearly and repeatedly demonstrated, they lack the maturity to face their problem openly and instead eradicated the thread and all traces. I have no idea how badly or quickly the thread went south, as I hadn't gotten back to it since starting it. Its purpose was to elevate the topic to a mature discussion among adults with SOME possibility of making a dent in the problem, but just as they've always done when people have filed formal complaints about it under iW's own posting rules, they try to hide the problem rather than help solve it. All lip service, no cooperation. I hope no one put as much effort into responding to it as I put into initiating it AS iW REQUESTED and in the appropriate subforum.
Anyone who watches unbiased, actual "news" broadcasts would have seen MANY physicians speak at length about their very high success rate with HQL. In 100 years of use by millions of people, the only people it killed were taking WAY too much for WAY too long, as in years of heavy doses.
Get off the social, Trump-hating media and judge for yourselves the benefits and risks. And even if you watch one-sided fake news (shame on you), watch more closely and you'll see that their complaint is that it has not been PROVED by long term RCTs to cure Covid 19. No one has claimed otherwise. If your Mom has Covid, are you going to wait for the FDA to prove its efficacy (they've approved its safety for generations), or try to save her life now?
mac

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutty Isobars. For a drug to be prescribed, it must be safe and effective. HQL is neither. There was a doctor in France who, with a very small sample, thought it might be beneficial. So two trials were run in the US, in clinical settings. Each with over 1000 patients. No statistically significant improvement in survival. Further, the risk factor for the drug is to the heart—which is one of the sites that COVID attacks. I have no doubt that someone is making money from Fox and Trump’s infomercials about this dangerous drug. I have no doubt that the paranoids like you wind up your propellors to disagree with the scientists.

Riddle me this. After a serious car accident, I tried acupuncture for about 6 weeks. Eventually I got considerably better. Do you know if that would have happened without acupuncture? Neither do I. I got some pain relief, and it was risk free.

That is the problem with anecdotal evidence. You have no idea whether the result would have been the same without the treatment.

But somebody got paid. The Trump administration in a nutshell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: