myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
A manufactured crisis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: A manufactured crisis Reply with quote

It’s a manufactured crisis. Fox News hasn’t reported on the virus for months. Every broadcast starts with fake urban violence. Which is actually just a few small blocks in very few cities. It’s just not happening in cities across America. Not in Boston, Milwaukee, Miami, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Dallas. Not fucking anywhere except a block in Portland and random gangs in NY and Chicago. Fox News propaganda shows never ever once mention covid and it’s impact on society. Now they’re manufacturing the suburbs are burning! The only thing happening in the suburbs is everyone wears masks, are overly polite and bored to death watching fucking netflix doing zoom calls.

In case you haven’t paid attention, any given summer weekend in pre-pandemic Chicago could have 60 people shot in one night. You have 60 million guns in 30 square miles on the South and West side. Now add depression level unemployment, a touch of social unrest, a racist president, a worldwide pandemic, you get the drift. Numbers are up. What would you expect? Cops aren’t arresting people, court systems are totally backlogged, social security offices are closed, stores are closed, food is scarce, no jobs, no money. Trumps Federal goon squad isn’t going to do jack shit against 60 million guns in the hands of street thugs.

If everyone attending a Yankees / Red Sox game was given a gun, about 3 people would walk out alive. Access to guns create violence. People are stupid with them.

Focus on the real problem, the fucking pandemic.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing to see here folks, only the pandemic, just walk away and pretend that the pandemic is the only thing happening.
Nice try. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
wsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

China Embassy (including Pompeo speech) , left wing anarchists (1 square block in Portland) Law and Order are all manufactured distractions from his miserable response to the pandemic.
So yes, nothing else going on except more infections and deaths, but don't worry it'll go away (he said so yesterday in discussing RNC in Jax).

As he said eventually he'll be right.
Maybe he will, maybe he won't, we'll see!
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here comes NW, who describes himself as a libertarian/conservative—but he’s all in on fascism by Trump’s minions.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An account from Portland about what the gestapo is doing and how they are targeting people of color:

Quote:
Felipe Nystrom is feeling broken.
2d ·
I had to sit on this for a couple of days becuase of how pissed off i was but here's my rant. I am and always will be a Costarrican who happens to be a US citizen. I love my country and will always be a respectful guest in this one. However I will not stand for racism whether it is obvious or the person just doesn't realize it.
Last Friday morning I went to the Multnomah County Court House for work. When I got there about 830 AM I saw a sign on the door that diaf it was court furlough day and that it was closed. So while standing on the sidewalk I called my agency to see what was going on since it was strange that I'd been given a grand jury appointment yo interpret for on a day the court was closed. While the phone was ringing I heard a firm, almost angry, voice from behind me say
"Put the phone down"
I ignored it since it couldn't possibly have been directed at me since I wasn't doing anything. Almost immediately a second voice in an even firmer voice said
"WE SAID PUT THE PHONE DOWN. NOW!!!"
At this point I turned around and saw to armed men standing very close to me. Then the first guy said again
"Put. The. Phone. Down...Now"
So with confused look on my face I started to put my phone in my pocket and immediately one of them said
"Keep your hands where i can see them!" As he reached his hand closer to his gun.
I thought for a moment I was being pranked so I said
"Well guys make up your minds. You want my phone down or my hands up?"
To which one of them replied
"Don't get fucking cute with us"
Next that same guy asked for my name and I gave it to him. He asked where I lived and provided my address.
I at this point aksed who they were and what this was about. The reply was
"You don't fucking ask questions. We ask the questions. You answer them. Got it?!"
While he was saying this the other guy was on his radio.
The next question was
"Where are you from?"
I answered " I live in Portland"
As this was happening, two more of these guys showed up so now there were 4 armed men surrounding me.
I have dealt with racist comments many times since I move to PDX and can very quickly notice when somebody is doing it. That question "where are you from" only happens in 2 forms. One of genuine interests to learn something about someone and the other way. To get me to say that i am from another country.
Next one of the recently arrived guys asked again
"Where are you from?"
Again I said Portland.
"No no no! I asked where are you from?"
"Where???"
"Portland" I said again.
"This is my address.." and provided it again.
This all only took a matter of minutes but they kept getting closer and closer to me.
"Let's see some ID"
I never carry my wallet with me. I think wallets are bulky and by not keeping cash or my card on me I save millions by not buying teas and cookies all day so i keep it in my car. Usually my work badge is good enough for anything I need to do at work. We were literally 5 ft from my car and I explained as much and that of we could just go to my car i could show them.
"It's in my car. My car is right here"
To which they reply...
"So you're saying you don't have ID"
"It's in my car, which is right there"
Another call on the radio and within seconds a pick up pulls up and 2 more of these guys get out. Now there are 6 armed men surrounding me. Every second that passes they keep creeping closer and closer.
"I am going to ask you one more time, where are you from?"
"I live in Portland. "
It is my belief that in that moment they were going to take me into custody as an illegal immigrant. But by sheer luck a deputy district attorney who i had interprered for earlier in the week for a dofferenr grand jury, happened to be coming into work and as he walked by
sar me and asked if I was ok.
One of these men immediately turned to him and said
"This is official business move along right now... keep walking."
The DDA replied "hang on. I'm a DDA. What's going on here?"
As soon as he said "DDA" I saw an immediate change in all six of their faces. They looked at eachother so as to ask with their eyes, what they were going to do. At this point one of them said let's see your ID and two of them walked me to my car. I showed it to them. One of them took a picture of it with his phone. He gave it back and just like that they left.
If there could be any doubt that racism alive and well in this country currently fueled by the president this is yet another example of it.
I want to leave this picture here because for those of us that are not white there is a ver real possibility that when we leave home we may very well not come back and this way there's a nice picture for the record.
For doing nothing more than going to work while being a US citizen but brown I was very close to being taken and the worst part is that I have no idea by who or where I would have been taken. That is the fear that I get to live with for no other reason than BEATHING WHILE BROWN IN THE USA.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Here comes NW, who describes himself as a libertarian/conservative—but he’s all in on fascism by Trump’s minions.
Yeah, like you really know me, that in itself shows just how much you think you know, when in reality all you do is guess. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How our reputation has soured, not soared. Fascism in America, supported by “libertarians.”

Last edited by mac on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakland, Oakland, Oakland, the mayor's home takes it, the harder she tries, the worse it gets. Serious messaging problems on both sides, as usual. Laughing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oakland mayor’s home vandalized with graffiti calling for defunding police

https://nypost.com/2020/07/22/oakland-mayors-home-vandalized-with-anti-police-graffiti/
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW, here is a list of 317 American cities. Please share with us all this violence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW, glad you cycled back on horrific violence plaguing the top 317 cities in America. I checked the Fox News website for the 60th day in a row. The first covid story as usual, around the 20 -40th article down the website. That first covid article you ask? How “covid has increased online swinging”. Portland violence always Takes numbers 1 -20. Their TV shows focus on the same. White House press conference focus on the same. Fucking pathetic.

You know what is actually happening in EVERY fucking single city on that list? Fucking Corona virus. You know what else is happening in every single city on that list? Economic hardship, lost jobs, hospital systems overrun, library’s shut down, restaurants and bars failing, vacant commercial properties and on and on....

NW, if you haven’t checked, the top story in the county is Covid fucking - 19. What the fuck is wrong with Fox news and White House press conferences? Their heads are up the asses. The top story is covid you fuckheads. Manufactured crisis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: